Robyn Regehr ---the Real Deal

bob_sauve28

Wow, I was really impressed with the defense as a whole and Regehr in particular. The puck went in and the puck came out. I love that Myers has a guy like that to learn from and shoulder the burden now. Smart with the puck, not flashy but makes great decesions and gets the team heading in the offensive direction with a quick pass. Love it!

Wow, I was really impressed with the defense as a whole and Regehr in particular. The puck went in and the puck came out. I love that Myers has a guy like that to learn from and shoulder the burden now. Smart with the puck, not flashy but makes great decesions and gets the team heading in the offensive direction with a quick pass. Love it!

Regehr is a true professional. He has been on my wish list for a long time. A few seasons ago I remember proposing a trade of Roy to Calgary for Regehr. It has been a long time since the Sabres have had a blue-liner that brings as much to the rink game in and game out as Regehr does.

All the offseason upgrades had meaningful games in Europe. If you are the Sabres brass, you have to be pleased, early...

I think you are right about this ...

More importantly, the fans (which I would include the Sabres brass as fans, more than anything else) have to be pleased.

This team certianly appears to be the real deal. The whole attitude has changed. It started when Mr. Pegula took control and has just kept going. That is the biggest change (IMO)that has me very excited.

I think you are right about this ...

More importantly, the fans (which I would include the Sabres brass as fans, more than anything else) have to be pleased.

This team certianly appears to be the real deal. The whole attitude has changed. It started when Mr. Pegula took control and has just kept going. That is the biggest change (IMO)that has me very excited.

I think we are witnessing something very special and I just finished buying tickets for several games, wife will not be pleased when she gets the Visa statement, lol...... :beer:

I think we are witnessing something very special and I just finished buying tickets for several games, wife will not be pleased when she gets the Visa statement, lol...... :beer:

Nicely done! I generally buy tickets to one or two games a year but talked my wife into buying our first mini pack. I somehow think that now I've talked her into it once, there's no looking back....

Regehr is a true professional. He has been on my wish list for a long time. A few seasons ago I remember proposing a trade of Roy to Calgary for Regehr. It has been a long time since the Sabres have had a blue-liner that brings as much to the rink game in and game out as Regehr does.

My thoughts exactly. Have wanted to see him in a Sabres uniform for years. He will have the greatest impact of all the new additions, both on and off the ice.

There's little to no flash in his game, but he is extremely effective at what he does.

As a previous poster said - the puck comes in, and goes right back out.

Ehrhoff has been equally as impressive. It's a great time to be a young defenseman in Buffalo. Myers, Weber, Grags, and Sekera will pick up so much from RegEhrhoff.

I love what Robyn Regehr does away from the puck carrier. He clears people out so Miller has a clear look at shots, and has them tied up for rebounds. Forwards that want to camp in Miller's kitchen will have to pay the price.

Watching on TV makes it hard to watch him away from the puck. But, whenever you do see him, he always seems to be moving. That 3 or 2 on 1 that he broke up against Anaheim was textbook.

I love what Robyn Regehr does away from the puck carrier. He clears people out so Miller has a clear look at shots, and has them tied up for rebounds. Forwards that want to camp in Miller's kitchen will have to pay the price.

I also saw him going down to block shots and shooting lanes. That's not something I've seen consistently from the D since one Jay McKee. :thumbsup:

Archived