GDT: Sabres at Columbus 9/25 5PM

spndnchz

Well not sure if there was much to learn from this one.

Poor backchecking

best Sabre - probably Pominville - but that is probably like saying the crust on my bologna sandwich dinner was the tastiest morsel.

Rick Nash undresses Gragnani in the final seconds to but the final stamp on it.

No legs on Regher tonight.

Kind of a clunker.....Mason was pretty good though.

This loss was predictable. I'm looking for the silver lining. Didn't want to enter the season on a win streak. They were due to lose and it might as well be this one. 3 games in 3 nights is insane.

+1

4-1 preseason with the loss coming on the third game in three days; I am hardly off of the bandwagon.

This was totally expected, and means absolutely nothing in the grand scheme of things as it's only the preseason. Tonight's lineup was certainly not one of the best Sabre lineups with mostly young guys on defense and at forward. In fact, I noticed Lindy was not even going with the normal lines (e.g. he split up Ennis-Leino-Stafford) and played Gragnani at forward. Given all of that and the fact that it was the third game in three nights, this was hardly unexpected. Besides, it's only preseason, it doesn't really matter.

Prior to this game Ruff had said he wanted to try people in situations they weren't used to. That about says it all. And you're not going to win too many games if you can't score 5 on 5 in this league. I'm not too worried about this outcome. I'll start worrying about results like this come regular season.

I am PANICKING! we just lost to columbus! omg they sucked last year and its not like they added anything important this year! We are seriously screwed! We need to trade miller now and get a center and some more scoring help quick because our 5 on 5 was atrocious! Pegula better be as worried as I am. We lost a preseason game! TIME TO PANIC!!!!

...anyways, we sounded pretty gassed by the time this game rolled around and my only real concern is Regehr's conditioning a little but its september so woopty doo. I think we saw that even our Newly Formed Dream Team has some work to get done and some good hard practices will definitely help. Ruff game but it was bound to happen sooner or later. Its good to lose in a little in preseason because I think it allows the team to analyze their mistakes and be better prepared. Tough night but I think as the season rolls on this team will only get better. :beer:

This loss was predictable. I'm looking for the silver lining. Didn't want to enter the season on a win streak. They were due to lose and it might as well be this one. 3 games in 3 nights is insane.

NHL is already one of the toughest seasons in professional sports globally (or at least considered so), 3 games in 3 nights is just bat ###### crazy.

I'm happy with the loss, seemed to be a lineup to figure out who's good out of the one's who's left. I also think Columbus will surprise this year, I think their better enough to be a potential sleeper team.

Archived