Sabres Road Trip Plans?

chileanseabass

I'm bored, it's summer, and my impending divorce and separation have me bummed out. Time to look forward to a Sabres road trip. Anyone have any plans for one this year? A friend of mine from college, who lives in Tampa, and I have planned a pretty sweet one:

Nov. 4th - fly to Buffalo, see Sabres vs. Flames

Nov. 5th - drive to Ottawa, see Sabres vs. Senators

Nov. 6th - drive to Toronto, stopping in Kingston to see Frontenacs vs. Owen Sound afternoon game

Nov. 7th - Hockey Hall of Fame in the AM, fly home from Buffalo at night

Best part is I was able to use FF miles for a free ticket, have a friend who works at Enterprise and got us a free car rental, and we're crashing with people we know in Buffalo and Ottawa. Can't wait to rock the new Sabrespace t-shirt on the trip.

you know, I was thinking about having a photo gallery (here on the forums) for "where in the world is SabreSpace" where people would take pictures of their shirts in cool/odd/exotic places. Maybe offer instant prizes for really good entries.

you know, I was thinking about having a photo gallery (here on the forums) for "where in the world is SabreSpace" where people would take pictures of their shirts in cool/odd/exotic places. Maybe offer instant prizes for really good entries.

If that's the case, get me my shirt ASAP. I have upcoming trips to Australia, Germany, and Abu Dhabi for work. :thumbsup:

That sounds like a fun trip, CSB. And good on you for making plans to distract yourself from the current unpleasantries.

I'm usually good for one game a year since I'm out of town, but last year I got lucky and made it to three! Haven't figured out yet when I'll head up to Buffalo this coming season, but my brother is already getting tickets to see a game in Phoenix early Nov. (not against the Sabres).

That sounds like a fun trip, CSB. And good on you for making plans to distract yourself from the current unpleasantries.

I'm usually good for one game a year since I'm out of town, but last year I got lucky and made it to three! Haven't figured out yet when I'll head up to Buffalo this coming season, but my brother is already getting tickets to see a game in Phoenix early Nov. (not against the Sabres).

Funny thing is, my buddy and I planned this in june, the day the schedule was released, almost a month to the day I found out about everything with my wife. It was just going to be a fun getaway before, but now it's really giving me something to look forward to.

now that i'm an east-coaster again (jersey shore), i am within easy driving distance of philly, jersey, msg, and maybe even uniondale. that's what...8 possible games? couple of my new coworkers are hockey fans, too (sabres and rags), so i've even got travel buddies.

That would be awesome. :clapping:

Anyone interested in (or planning on) heading to Nashville for the Sabres-Predators game on Saturday, December 3rd? I will buy a block of tickets and plan some pre-game festivities for SabreSpacers if so.

Sign me up COSabre. I'm in Memphis and am planning to make the trip. Number of tickets I'll need depends on how many kids and their spouses will attend with my wife and me.

Keep up with me in this thread or PM me as things materialize.

Thanks,

DGW

I'm also thinking about going to STL to see the Sabres on 1/21/12 (I think that's the date).

I'm bored, it's summer, and my impending divorce and separation have me bummed out. Time to look forward to a Sabres road trip. Anyone have any plans for one this year? A friend of mine from college, who lives in Tampa, and I have planned a pretty sweet one:

Nov. 6th - drive to Toronto, stopping in Kingston to see Frontenacs vs. Owen Sound afternoon game

Best part is I was able to use FF miles for a free ticket, have a friend who works at Enterprise and got us a free car rental, and we're crashing with people we know in Buffalo and Ottawa. Can't wait to rock the new Sabrespace t-shirt on the trip.

Gang, I often read but don't have much time to post.

Exception: Every year I put together a group to attend an Ottawa game. RJ gives us a shout out, Yahoo, ESPN, TSN usually throw us on their NHL cover page for a day or two (thanks to our numbers, jerseys and Buffalo Heads), friends and family fly in from across North America (Mostly Canadians, but Yanks too) and we have a GREAT time.

The Sens organization love us. We keep the cheering "PG" and have alot of kids and families that want pictures with us.

If you're going to the November 5th game, watch out for our STAMPEDE. We'll be in one of the corners. 3-8 rows off the ice and we tailgate playing road hockey 5-6 hours before puck drop.

Make sure to hit the Crazy Horse after the game. FANTASTIC Bar.

Sorry about your divorce CSB. Great road trip and great thread though. You are going to have a great time. Real wings, plenty of hockey, and a good long in-person look at the new lineup. That will be sweeeeeeeeeeet.

That is a terrific idea.

BTW, my favorite hockey road trip city is Montreal. Anyone else got one they like?

Exception: Every year I put together a group to attend an Ottawa game. RJ gives us a shout out, Yahoo, ESPN, TSN usually throw us on their NHL cover page for a day or two (thanks to our numbers, jerseys and Buffalo Heads), friends and family fly in from across North America (Mostly Canadians, but Yanks too) and we have a GREAT time.

The Sens organization love us. We keep the cheering "PG" and have alot of kids and families that want pictures with us.

If you're going to the November 5th game, watch out for our STAMPEDE. We'll be in one of the corners. 3-8 rows off the ice and we tailgate playing road hockey 5-6 hours before puck drop.

that sounds awesome! we'll have to keep a lookout for you guys.

Sign me up COSabre. I'm in Memphis and am planning to make the trip. Number of tickets I'll need depends on how many kids and their spouses will attend with my wife and me.

Keep up with me in this thread or PM me as things materialize.

Thanks,

DGW

I'm also thinking about going to STL to see the Sabres on 1/21/12 (I think that's the date).

Definitely - I can get as many tickets as needed (have already put down a deposit for a block)... always fun to watch an out-of-town game with a big group of Sabres fans!

This year the only out of town games I plan (so far) to attend are in Chicago and St. Louis. My girlfriend is from Bloomington, IL so it's a good reason to go visit her family (plus shes a Hawks fan, but I'm slowly converting her). I'm sure we'll do something like to go DC, Boston, maybe Pittsburgh, or one of the Canadian cities for a weekend trip.

Last season she lived in Jersey, so we went to both Jersey games, four Philly games, both Islanders games, and one Rangers game - all while attending 35 or so home games also :)

That's awesome. Remind us again in the game day thread on Nov 5th so we can all look for you. :thumbsup:

You guys are awesome. I hope you keep it up.

Archived