[OT]Worst Dressed Cities

SwampD

I guess the list of the best-dressed stopped after New York and L.A. because Buffalo was lumped in with Nashville, Houston, Dallas, St. Paul ... I mean ... if they try hard enough they can make snarky comments about anyone I guess (not that they tried very hard in the Buffalo entry ... did you see they discovered it snows and people wear team colors?!?! Deep research there.)

I guess the list of the best-dressed stopped after New York and L.A. because Buffalo was lumped in with Nashville, Houston, Dallas, St. Paul ... I mean ... if they try hard enough they can make snarky comments about anyone I guess (not that they tried very hard in the Buffalo entry ... did you see they discovered it snows and people wear team colors?!?! Deep research there.)

No kidding. Completely devoid of intelligence. I mean, if they're going to talk about major metro areas, at least be consistent. Wasilla, Alaska does not count as a major city. Maybe Anchorage, possibly Fairbanks.

Now where's that Red Army dress uniform I had at one time... j/k

Cleveland is #30? All credibility lost. Cleveland should have been in the running for the top spot. God-awful fashion around here, not to mention it is perpetually 10 years behind the rest of the country. There are times when we attend Indians games and I swear I am back on the set for the original filming of Major League.

New York is too broad, only Manhattan. It's from GQ though, bunch of foppish dandies.

Cleveland is #30? All credibility lost. Cleveland should have been in the running for the top spot. God-awful fashion around here, not to mention it is perpetually 10 years behind the rest of the country. There are times when we attend Indians games and I swear I am back on the set for the original filming of Major League.

Maybe they are just cutting edge retro cool? :)

Surprised by the unemployment number.

We've got a good employment situation here. Trouble is, the salaries don't match other communities' salaries. Some of that is countered by what people call the "cheaper cost of living," which is true--to a point. Housing and entertainment (dinner out, tickets to a game, etc.) are indeed less costly than in other cities. But other costs are the same as other cities' costs; e.g., the price of a computer or a car, your student loan payments, and basically any other commodity that isn't strictly local. And a few things are more expensive (gasoline comes to mind). All in all, though, it's really not the bad place to earn a living that it was in the 80s and 90s.

Archived