All About Stamkos

PromoTheRobot

The offer sheet, which would still allow Tampa Bay first right of refusal, would be expected to be a deal of around 13 or 14 years and north of $100 million, which would put Stamkos on the Flyers' payroll for a manageable cap hit if the Lightning chose to not match the deal.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/flyers/20110629_Sources__Flyers__interest_in_Stamkos_heats_up.html

reports Tampa offering 7 and Philly close to 8 million per.

This is purely fantasy...I think...but the Philadelphia Daily News is suggesting that the Flyers will make a hundred million dollar offer to Stamkos, 13-14 years.

http://philly.sbnation.com/philadelphia-flyers/2011/6/29/2250118/steven-stamkos-rumors-anything-can-happen

Somehow it wouldn't surprise me given what has been going on so far.

It's crazy, and probably a pipe dream.

Me no likey thought of Phlyers in 3 years having Stamkos, Schenn, and Couturier as their top 3 centers.

Day-umm, I come back from a night of hard drinking thinking that alot of good stuff is going on and then you post this.

I didn't see that Philly drafted Coutourier. I knew about Schenn. This is ugly sounding stuff for the rest of the Eastern conference. I don't wanna see Stamkos is Philly.

If the Sabres make an offer on Stamkos I'm going to eat my hat.

It's the kind of thing that sends the opposite message of "Hockey Heaven." It says you're willing to risk getting the cold shoulder not just from Tampa but from a large swath of the league for years on one player. Add in the hangover of having to eat the Vanek offer sheet and the fact that Tampa can't afford to NOT to match it, all that you end up getting from making an offer to Stamkos is bad PR league-wide and the possibility of local PR going sour ("Wait, your big plan was to go for a guy you knew was going to get matched and now we have... who?").

End of the day, I would love to have Stamkos, but signing a sheet is dumb and I think between Darcy, Ted Black and Uncle Terry they're smart enough not to make that mistake.

If the Sabres make an offer on Stamkos I'm going to eat my hat.

It's the kind of thing that sends the opposite message of "Hockey Heaven." It says you're willing to risk getting the cold shoulder not just from Tampa but from a large swath of the league for years on one player. Add in the hangover of having to eat the Vanek offer sheet and the fact that Tampa can't afford to NOT to match it, all that you end up getting from making an offer to Stamkos is bad PR league-wide and the possibility of local PR going sour ("Wait, your big plan was to go for a guy you knew was going to get matched and now we have... who?").

End of the day, I would love to have Stamkos, but signing a sheet is dumb and I think between Darcy, Ted Black and Uncle Terry they're smart enough not to make that mistake.

What are you talking about? A RFA is a player available to all teams. If the Sabres or any other team feel they can sign Stamkos and make their team better, they should do it. You're worried about hurting Tampa's feelings? These are the rules for all teams. Maybe Tampa should have signed him by now and not have to worry about it. Maybe Stamkos doesn't want to play for Tampa or maybe he wants to wait for the bigger offer. Bad PR? I don't get this.

CSN Philly: No offer sheet coming from Flyers.

:thumbsup:

I REALLY didn't like the thought of Filly having Stamkos, Schenn, and Couturier up the middle. Especially when they might still have a goalie by then.

That is excellent news.

Archived