Could Rick Dudley and Craig Ramsay come to Buffalo?

freester

Didn't know he had one.

Maybe its just an enlarged ######.

I don't know how u guys walk around with those. No envy here.

W/E. You girls all know you wish you had one. Just like guys all wish we had a box. Spend the first 9 months trying to get out and the rest of our lives trying to get back in.

Winnipeg to Interview Ramsay

So to summarize the article: "Ramsay, contacted on Sunday by the Winnipeg organization, has also agreed to an interview as part of the process. Although Winnipeg is considering other options, Ramsay has not been terminated."

Just thought it was a good update for this topic. Winnipeg is certainly doing some good work straightening out their front office and coaching department before they do anything else. I think letting Ramsay go would be a mistake for them but if that means buffalo gets him :thumbsup:

Kevin Devine has been Director of Amateur Scouting for the past 4 years, overseeing what appear to be some pretty decent drafts. Not sure I'd want to dump him.

Agree on Kevin Devine. He's led some great drafts, with virtually no scouting resources, led the digital scouting revolution, and with the help of TPegs introduced the first Buffalo Sabres combine, which was a long time coming. No reason to dump him.

I am not sure what the level of pro scouting has been for Buffalo beyond simply Darcy. This is where I think Dudley could help immediately. I think it would be interesting for the Sabres to grow the team not just through amateur scouting, but also better pro scouting. What does pro scouting mean? It's not just watch the other NHL teams and figure out who you can sign and/or trade for. To me pro scouting includes finding complete diamonds in the rough who are playing at the AHL or ECHL level that work incredibly hard and have talent that could make them stick in the NHL if they got a legitimate shot (think Tim Thomas and Marty St. Louis). Pro Scouting to me includes scouting professional leagues across the world like in Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, KHL, etc. to see if there are undrafted gold mines that are stars in those leagues that you could bring over with a free agent contract. This type of scouting is lacking for the Buffalo Sabres and something many other teams in the NHL have, specifically the Detroit Red Wings are extremely good at. I could see Dudley playing a pivotal role for the Sabres in that regard.

I'd still love to have Craig Ramsey as he's been a decent special teams coach in past stops in his career.

Agree on Kevin Devine. He's led some great drafts, with virtually no scouting resources, led the digital scouting revolution, and with the help of TPegs introduced the first Buffalo Sabres combine, which was a long time coming. No reason to dump him.

I am not sure what the level of pro scouting has been for Buffalo beyond simply Darcy. This is where I think Dudley could help immediately. I think it would be interesting for the Sabres to grow the team not just through amateur scouting, but also better pro scouting. What does pro scouting mean? It's not just watch the other NHL teams and figure out who you can sign and/or trade for. To me pro scouting includes finding complete diamonds in the rough who are playing at the AHL or ECHL level that work incredibly hard and have talent that could make them stick in the NHL if they got a legitimate shot (think Tim Thomas and Marty St. Louis). Pro Scouting to me includes scouting professional leagues across the world like in Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, KHL, etc. to see if there are undrafted gold mines that are stars in those leagues that you could bring over with a free agent contract. This type of scouting is lacking for the Buffalo Sabres and something many other teams in the NHL have, specifically the Detroit Red Wings are extremely good at. I could see Dudley playing a pivotal role for the Sabres in that regard.

I'd still love to have Craig Ramsey as he's been a decent special teams coach in past stops in his career.

Devine is going to be on GR550 at 9am this morning.

I would love to see Dudley as Director of Pro Scouting. Devine as Amateur.

Craig Ramsey is a solid hockey mind. Personally, I think he shaped the Boston Bruins as much as Claude Julien. I also thought he did a very good job in Atlanta with a limited roster.

Good stuff there!

The Sabres were right I think to focus on North America for the past few years. But the time is right to pick up tough, hard working players in Europe - especially the ones in professional leagues. Just need to find the guys who are committed to hockey and are ready to head across the pond.

And as others have said - Kevin Devine has been doing an excellent job. The Sabres need to make sure that he stays committed to Buffalo - wouldn't want to lose him to Pittsburgh.

Good stuff there!

The Sabres were right I think to focus on North America for the past few years. But the time is right to pick up tough, hard working players in Europe - especially the ones in professional leagues. Just need to find the guys who are committed to hockey and are ready to head across the pond.

And as others have said - Kevin Devine has been doing an excellent job. The Sabres need to make sure that he stays committed to Buffalo - wouldn't want to lose him to Pittsburgh.

A lot of the Euro players already have N. American experience now.

Which I think means less risk.

Good luck, I haven't even seen him lurking around the playground lately :-/

Well it has been pretty hot - you know those slides, see-saws and the rest can get extremely hot in the summer and can cause burns.

Archived