Ted Black talks 5-12-2011

spndnchz

Best thing I have heard from this new ownership and Black is that they are making it one of their top goals to try and broadcast games in Southern Ontario. Its sad that I am 20-30 minutes from the arena, and because of a bridge, i can't watch the games on TV here.But I can catch almost every Leafs game and they are over an hour drive away

De-slugging:

"Slug appreciation day" coming. "Significant" discount to buy a new one. Wouldn't trade in, but wear it to the store and get a discount on the new ones.

This was my suggestion!!! but it was conditioned on turning in a slug.

Thanks for the summaries, chz.

No disrespect, but I think that was about 3-4,000 of the 10,000 suggestions so far lol.

I know everyone had ideas about getting rid of the slug from the arena, but I was the first one here anyway to post in the suggestion thread that they should take returns of slug merch and give a discount on new stuff.

I know everyone had ideas about getting rid of the slug from the arena, but I was the first one here anyway to post in the suggestion thread that they should take returns of slug merch and give a discount on new stuff.

If i have a signed slug jersey with Vanek and Pommers autographs... can I keep it? I am getting a Weber Jersey for my b-day so I'm making up for my mistake. :oops:

If i have a signed slug jersey with Vanek and Pommers autographs... can I keep it? I am getting a Weber Jersey for my b-day so I'm making up for my mistake. :oops:

You won't have to give up the slug jersey, just have the jersey, whatever with you. My old slugs are available for rent. lol by the minute.

As if it matters who suggested it first ahahaha

I'm just very pleased to see the original emblem in place once again, and the "slug appreciation day" is a wonderful idea. I'll be sure to bring in my white Miller slug. Does anyone know if you're required to get the same player? or could i pick up that white ennis jersey i've had my eye on?

I wonder if it will be based on what your wear. For example, a slug t-shirt gets you a discount on non-slug t-shirts, a slug replica jersey gets you a discount on a non-slug replica, and a slug authentic gets you a discount on non-slug authentics. Slug t-shirts can be bought for $5 on clearance at several places, so they shouldn't count as much.

I wonder if it will be based on what your wear. For example, a slug t-shirt gets you a discount on non-slug t-shirts, a slug replica jersey gets you a discount on a non-slug replica, and a slug authentic gets you a discount on non-slug authentics. Slug t-shirts can be bought for $5 on clearance at several places, so they shouldn't count as much.

They run into some problems trying to enforce that one though. Chz shows up in her slug thong and then all of a sudden they've got a scene on their hands.

They run into some problems trying to enforce that one though. Chz shows up in her slug thong and then all of a sudden they've got a scene on their hands.

The thong has the new/old logo. But I see ur point. Well, not YOUR point, but THE point, well, on your hands...

As if it matters who suggested it first ahahaha

I'm just very pleased to see the original emblem in place once again, and the "slug appreciation day" is a wonderful idea. I'll be sure to bring in my white Miller slug. Does anyone know if you're required to get the same player? or could i pick up that white ennis jersey i've had my eye on?

It matters! I want credit, I want it now AND I want a cut of the profits from all the extra merch sales!!! :nana:

Seriously though, this is my only place for Sabres news. I don't live in Buffalo, listen to WGR or read the snooze, so when chz posted that Black said they would be doing something that matched my idea posted here and sent to the suggestion box nearly verbatim I thought it was pretty cool.

Archived