All About July 1 wishes

LGR4GM

Based on history (which is the foundation of salary arbitration) this matters significantly less than the per game output. I don't like it any better than you, but it is the way it works until they change the language in the CBA as far as admissible evidence and method.

Danny Briere: 58 points in 48 games --> $5 million

His previous best was 65 in a full 82. That's all the evidence you need of over-inflated arbitration rulings based off of projected points. And we now have 5 extra years of inflated salaries to deal with when it comes to Stafford.

Well put. Tim thomas might be the closest, although he did just have an off year last year. Still, not that close to the other goalies' level.

Given Millers personality I think he will work out to improve his game more this offseason. I think he assumed he was elite and didn't need to work at it. Gotta think he was disappointed with his numbers and all the chatter. We talk about others potential, the possibility of a bounce back season for Miller is seldom discussed in this debate.

But I've been wrong before...

when has money been on the line??

" Minnesota is where I live...with friends and family here in the stands... lotta money on the board", an enthusiastic Drew Stafford commented to MSGs Kevin Sylvester in the post overtime interview. Staff had just come home to Minneapolis, and dropped the overtime GWG on all of the folks that he lives amongst during his Summers away from the rink.

http://www.sportsnipe.com/main_sportsnews/4165040/garth-money-on-board.html

I'll refrain from speculating on what he meant by this.

" Minnesota is where I live...with friends and family here in the stands... lotta money on the board", an enthusiastic Drew Stafford commented to MSGs Kevin Sylvester in the post overtime interview. Staff had just come home to Minneapolis, and dropped the overtime GWG on all of the folks that he lives amongst during his Summers away from the rink.

I take it that you completely missed the discussion about this earlier this season?

Drew's gonna get a payday and go back to the coaster we all came to know. He only seems to care about hockey when money is on the line. Otherwise, he's trying to get through Raining Blood on expert on Guitar Hero.

If Darcy signs Stafford before arbitration - I just hope there is no NTC or the like included on that contract.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=366668 Rafalski is retiring and Lidstrom might. Even if Lidstrom stays it leaves a big gap on detroits roster... meaning they are now more than ever in play for some of those prime ufa defense out there plus might be interested in some younger def. This complicates the sabres getting quality UFA def a bit.

It's a charity thing that you are refraining on speculating about.

I take it that you completely missed the discussion about this earlier this season?

Quite possibly.

I take it you completely missed the part where I said I would refrain from speculating on what he meant?

I don't like the guy, but that doesn't I mean I'm ready to come out and claim he's saying something this stupid in public, for the very simple reason that I don't really care. I just thought the "money on the line" and "money on the board" statements looked similar.

It's a charity thing that you are refraining on speculating about.

Thanks for clarifying.

Like I said above, I didn't really care at the time, and these days nothing's going on, so I dig out ancient stuff like this.

*edit

I think people here know well enough that if I truly believed he was talking about his next contract, I would've come out and said just that.

Given Millers personality I think he will work out to improve his game more this offseason. I think he assumed he was elite and didn't need to work at it. Gotta think he was disappointed with his numbers and all the chatter. We talk about others potential, the possibility of a bounce back season for Miller is seldom discussed in this debate.But I've been wrong before...

That is because last year was a typical year for Miller. The prior year, the Veznia year was the exception, so far throughout his career.

I really wish people would stop making Miller out to be some GOD or something and more than he really is.

He has had ONE outstanding year and a bunch of mediocre years. Geeze!

That is because last year was a typical year for Miller. The prior year, the Veznia year was the exception, so far throughout his career.

I really wish people would stop making Miller out to be some GOD or something and more than he really is.

To be fair, he had consistantly improved since he took over as the true #1 starter in 2007. This year was the first year that he went backwards. Next year will show whether he can regroup and improve, or if he will fade like so many others.

In the voice of Andre the Giant..."I don't think mediocre means what you think it means."

To be fair, he had consistantly improved since he took over as the true #1 starter in 2007. This year was the first year that he went backwards. Next year will show whether he can regroup and improve, or if he will fade like so many others.

No he did not, and he was the full time starter, starting in 05-06.

Ok, sure, 48 games sounds about full time. He didn't really take the reigns completely until Marty was traded.

His GAA went down every year starting from the presidents trophy year, and his SV% improved from 07-08 through 09-10.

Sounds like he was getting better to me, but maybe I'm just so in love with him that I can't see past the statistics that all goalies are graded against. Including this season he was 6th on the active list (7th all-time) for career sv% (IMO the best way to judge a goalie).

So yeah...Mediocre and one off year where he won the Vezina and Olympic MVP.

Ok, sure, 48 games sounds about full time. He didn't really take the reigns completely until Marty was traded.

His GAA went down every year starting from the presidents trophy year, and his SV% improved from 07-08 through 09-10.

Sounds like he was getting better to me, but maybe I'm just so in love with him that I can't see past the statistics that all goalies are graded against. Including this season he was 6th on the active list (7th all-time) for career sv% (IMO the best way to judge a goalie).

So yeah...Mediocre and one off year where he won the Vezina and Olympic MVP.

And.... Boom goes the dynamite.

Mediocre is a stretch.

But his career average is 2.57 and .915. Last season he was 2.59 and .916. He was about at his average for number of shots faced, wins, minutes played, and shutouts too.

Sounds like a pretty typical season by Ryan to me.

Archived