Game Discussion Thread

thesportsbuff

In the end, it's like a scoreless first period, only a lot nuttier. But I would have taken a scoreless first period in this critical game on the road. Philly's gotta be thinking the noose is a little tighter, and our boys DEFINITELY DID NOT BACK DOWN for the entire period!

Gotta love it when Gerbe is standing up to a guy 14 inches taller than him...maybe more! clapping.gif

The double minor was another weak call. Its the damn playoffs refs.

In the end, it's like a scoreless first period, only a lot nuttier. But I would have taken a scoreless first period in this critical game on the road. Philly's gotta be thinking the noose is a little tighter, and our boys DEFINITELY DID NOT BACK DOWN for the entire period!

Gotta love it when Gerbe is standing up to a guy 14 inches taller than him...maybe more! clapping.gif

Bingo. It seems like Philly's game plan was to push the Sabres around and attempt to intimidate them.

It's not working. :clapping:

I said it after game one, I'll say it again. HOME JOB. And don't give me any of that "you're wearing blue and gold colored glasses" BS. HOME JOB!

Which calls are you questioing? Myers decking Hartnell into Miller? Gerbe getting the extra 2 for body slamming Giroux? Both good calls.

That was one CRAZY :censored: first period!

Loved the fight and heart shown out there and the aggressiveness to attack. But, on defense, will someone please HIT THE GUY WITH THE PUCK!!! What's with this stick swipe as the guy skates past you stuff?

Also loved seeing the revolving door continue for the Flyers "goaltending". Sergei Bobrovsky = Garth Snow.

Which calls are you questioing? Myers decking Hartnell into Miller? Gerbe getting the extra 2 for body slamming Giroux? Both good calls.

The extra two minutes for Gerbe after a Flyer hacked Miller's glove twice when he had the puck was a joke. But, on the other hand, the hooking call on Philly before the Sabres first goal was ticky tack at best. Overall a weak period for the stripes, but I don't think either team gained an advantage.

They got the call right, but how many times have you seen a ref change a penalty call after watching a replay on the big screen?

I think it's been a poorly officiated game both ways. They don't seem to have control of the game.

Archived