OT: VCU

wjag

Sure looks good for winner of Kentucky/UNC

UConn has looked pretty good so far.

VCU....I just don't understand it. The last two games they have had guys standing around at the 3-pt line all game long, no one covers them and they are hitting at an unbelievable rate. You'd think that eventually they would have to cool down from long range but right now I'd keep my D on the perimeter and force them to beat me inside and down low.

My bad, but they beat Georgetown and Purdue by 18 each, and 10 over a #1 seed. Not shabby.

PTR

No argument. Of their W's so far this is the most impressive - a #1 seed by 10 two days after escaping the OT streetfight with FSU.

No argument. Of their W's so far this is the most impressive - a #1 seed by 10 two days after escaping the OT streetfight with FSU.

Of course, it's a much different story if Kansas doesn't shoot less than 10% from beyond the arc, but those are the breaks you need to pull off such an upset.

The storylines write themselves. No matter who wins the games from here on out, the championship game will be a staple of NCAA basketball vs. a mid major team that nobody had escaping the round of 32.

Of course, it's a much different story if Kansas doesn't shoot less than 10% from beyond the arc, but those are the breaks you need to pull off such an upset.

The storylines write themselves. No matter who wins the games from here on out, the championship game will be a staple of NCAA basketball vs. a mid major team that nobody had escaping the round of 32.

Since I am Seminole alum I didn't want to play the "What If?" card, but the same thing happened in the VCU-FSU game. FSU's anemic offense shot 36% from the field and only 36% from 3-pt range, but was still in the game despite VCU shooting 45% from both the field and long-range.

Hey, no basketball talk on a hockey forum board!!

Ok, just kidding. It must be me, because I really can't stand friggin basketball.

Foul, freethrow, foul, foul, timeout, foul, freethrow, timeout, timeout... and on and on and on. There, my rant for the day. :rolleyes:

Hey, no basketball talk on a hockey forum board!!

Ok, just kidding. It must be me, because I really can't stand friggin basketball.

Foul, freethrow, foul, foul, timeout, foul, freethrow, timeout, timeout... and on and on and on. There, my rant for the day. :rolleyes:

Save it for Thursday, mister!

Being a Virginia Tech fan, and my team being snubbed by letting in the likes of VCU instead of us, I will admit that there's no way Tech would have come close to getting into the Final Four.

Since I am Seminole alum I didn't want to play the "What If?" card, but the same thing happened in the VCU-FSU game. FSU's anemic offense shot 36% from the field and only 36% from 3-pt range, but was still in the game despite VCU shooting 45% from both the field and long-range.

This entire bracket was filled with almost all of my favorite scrappy teams. Going back to the play-in with USC, who was ripe to cause some intrigue. FSU always seems to play tough. Hamilton had some mediocre Miami teams play tough in the past. And Butler is just so smart with their game.

I remember watching Butler and VCU at the arena and being so impressed by both programs even then. Butler upset Maryland and VCU had the greatest player/fan/band/cheerleader excitement I've ever seen. I'm happy to see them both thrive.

I just can't believe how VCU was literally the last team into the tourny (they had to play one of those new 11v11 play ins) and they are in the final four. It goes to show how the hot team in a playoff format can be very dangerous.

yet college football continues to avoid a true playoff were the toilet bowl actually means something not some 5 -4 teams that happen to get invited because of fan base.

I am just happy Carolina lost but rooting for Butler they almost pulled of a Miracle against Duke last year would love to see them win it all.

yet college football continues to avoid a true playoff were the toilet bowl actually means something not some 5 -4 teams that happen to get invited because of fan base.

I am just happy Carolina lost but rooting for Butler they almost pulled of a Miracle against Duke last year would love to see them win it all.

UConn just doesn't look like they want it. Kentucky has big time talent, and I think it would be a great matchup with Butler. Butler has the horses and the brains.

The past 4 games were so much fun to watch.

VCU Alum here....

I love how everyone is saying VCU WILL NOT BEAT BUTLER. My retort - "did you think they'd beat Kansas, FSU, Purdue or Georgetown"....quiets them down pretty quickly. Go Rams!!!!

I'm all in on VCU. Why not, the odds on them had to be prohibitive.. I'm sure Kansas is still sitting there stunned asking what the frick just happened?

VCU Alum here....

I love how everyone is saying VCU WILL NOT BEAT BUTLER. My retort - "did you think they'd beat Kansas, FSU, Purdue or Georgetown"....quiets them down pretty quickly. Go Rams!!!!

I'm just happy that one will reach the final game. I don't really care which, as long as it freaking wins.

Archived