T-PEGS Turns 60

kishoph

That was after PTR and the 34 homeless guys he paid a dollar to sing PTR's rendition of a Sabres classic "We're gonna win 8th place." :thumbsup:

You're still pissed that Jersey is out of it, aren't you...it was going to be a "miracle comeback" if the Devils did it, but the Sabres going from 30th to the playoffs is meaningless. Interesting.

You're still pissed that Jersey is out of it, aren't you...it was going to be a "miracle comeback" if the Devils did it, but the Sabres going from 30th to the playoffs is meaningless. Interesting.

Not mad at all. It was a great story. A team 20 games under .500 making a record run is a great story. The Sabres were never 20 games under .500.

why would you choose to communicate this way? I think it disrespects all of us.

I'm not angry about it. I just find it sad.

Vanilla takes 100x as long to make progress.

Just look at Darcy.

I understand where a certain brand of humor isn't for everyone, but I think 98% of the time I skirt around things so a teen or someone with an IQ a standard deviation to the left will pass right by. It gets blurry at times because this is a written form of communication, yet I speak through my voice. I'm sure there are some folks here who think I hang out in the Wegman's checkout line in a trench coat with a jar of hot fudge and some Sponge Bob band-aids in my basket, (see how that works?), but the reality is, if I use sarcasm or zingers.......do you ever see me going after something or someone that isn't deserving?

Take this thread for example. Can you not see why a comedic comment would be made? Do you not see the craziness of people making a pilgramage to the arena to sing happy birthday to a billionare who isn't there, and who takes their money on a regular basis to begin with? Then to top it off....it's found as newsworthy, and repeated here?

This world is freaking insane! My online persona is nothing more than an amplified running commentary where I choose to take on hypocrisy, corruption, homerism and yes, sometimes idiocy....all while attempting to keep a common sense approach as I use my experience to identify issues and think outside the box at times.

If you and others feel that I go beyond decent ground, all I can say is ignore what I say like you would an obnoxious table at a bar, or if I breach the standards of this board, report me, warn me, do whatever you feel is necessary. I'll listen to the will of the people. I probably spend too much time on here to begin with, but in all honesty, if I have to gladhand the average poster here on 90% of the topics.....I'd be bored to death.

There are only a few weeks left. Good weather is coming and posters will go into hibernation. Depending what these guys do in the offseason, I will either jump on the bandwagon, or shut up and accept what we have in place. Quinn is gone. That's the biggest thing I wanted out of this team.

Vanilla takes 100x as long to make progress.

Just look at Darcy.

I understand where a certain brand of humor isn't for everyone, but I think 98% of the time I skirt around things so a teen or someone with an IQ a standard deviation to the left will pass right by. It gets blurry at times because this is a written form of communication, yet I speak through my voice. I'm sure there are some folks here who think I hang out in the Wegman's checkout line in a trench coat with a jar of hot fudge and some Sponge Bob band-aids in my basket, (see how that works?), but the reality is, if I use sarcasm or zingers.......do you ever see me going after something or someone that isn't deserving?

Take this thread for example. Can you not see why a comedic comment would be made? Do you not see the craziness of people making a pilgramage to the arena to sing happy birthday to a billionare who isn't there, and who takes their money on a regular basis to begin with? Then to top it off....it's found as newsworthy, and repeated here?

This world is freaking insane! My online persona is nothing more than an amplified running commentary where I choose to take on hypocrisy, corruption, homerism and yes, sometimes idiocy....all while attempting to keep a common sense approach as I use my experience to identify issues and think outside the box at times.

If you and others feel that I go beyond decent ground, all I can say is ignore what I say like you would an obnoxious table at a bar, or if I breach the standards of this board, report me, warn me, do whatever you feel is necessary. I'll listen to the will of the people. I probably spend too much time on here to begin with, but in all honesty, if I have to gladhand the average poster here on 90% of the topics.....I'd be bored to death.

There are only a few weeks left. Good weather is coming and posters will go into hibernation. Depending what these guys do in the offseason, I will either jump on the bandwagon, or shut up and accept what we have in place. Quinn is gone. That's the biggest thing I wanted out of this team.

Mr. Drane...

I'm a Johnny-Come-Lately to this board, although for years I was on Sabres.com (until that board seems to have had a mass-migration from it).

I live on the left-coast (originally from WNY / die-hard Sabres fan who went to Bisons hockey games with my Dad before there WAS a Sabres), and come to these parts to get a "feel" for what the fans think is going on with my favorite life-long hockey franchise / my (always) "home" town.

I love the reads here, yours included, and obviously you are quite turned off that the new Sabres ownership doesn't seem inclined to want to throw out Regier's regime with the old bath-water. That comes through loud & clear.

I started this writing with the intention of asking for a bit of detail on "where" you were coming from, but I take it you are wondering if you should be pouring your hard-earned money into something (as a Sabres season-ticket holder) that is going in a direction other than what you would like to see(?).

For my part, I'm happy to see the Sabres turn-around (yes, it's happened beofre, with a fizzle at the end), and haven't written off Regier yet (have had that argument with friends / relatives)... Believing he MIGHT (key-word "MIGHT") be a decent GM. With Pegula's investment, and the Sabres' franchise history of giving up on people that pan out elsewhere, I'm glad this situation is going to play-out in this fashion... My biggest concern with Mr. Pegula, just from his taking over, is that he seems to come out (to me) like me (a true "fan"), and we know that Professional Sports is a business, and hard decisions have to be made, if the team doesn't advanced, as-expected... I love everything else he's done with the franchise, and letting it go back to it's "roots" (Alumni treatment, Sabre-dance, bringing back old traditions, the ocker room decor, etc...).

I've lived on the left coast for several decades, while you apparently have been giving a good chunk of your hard-earned money (you can correct me if I'm over-assuming things) towards supporting our Sabres. You've been through the close-calls with the Rigas family, then Galisano, both with the "Regier / Ruff" as the constant.

As a life-long Buffalo sports fan, with our decades of close calls (but no championship rings for our heroes), I feel where (I believe) you're coming from... There's a lot of us on here who have been there / had those same feelings (and who is to know if Regier may simply be "along for the ride" for a short time?... "Results" is how he should be measured..., and Pegula is stating "results" starts now with his Sabres management team).

But seeing that we're sitting only a few months into Mr. Pegula's ownership reign, I believe we owe it to his stated commitment to the team / franchise, to give him the benefit of the doubt... (my opinion only).

As always...

GO SABRES!!

(And Happy Birthday to Mr. Pegula, and many, many more years of a successful venture** as owner of our Sabres!! ** = Stanley Cup times "X", where X is a whole number > 0, before the end of OUR life-times)

It was just a handful of kids having some fun. I don't get the flash-mob thing myself, but why not?

http://buffalo74.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/pegula-birthday-rally1.jpg

The team didn't organize it. A bunch of kids did.

Did I say the team did?

Great, some innocent fun.....just like my comment.

It's a brave new world, where 30 year old radio personalities and team reps hover over the twitter page of the teenage daughters of their boss/business partner in order to gain favor. I'm sure if I saw Terry Pegula in line for the Mr. Softee truck, I'd tell him congratulations on his new toy and good luck with his goal. The Pegulamania is just in a bit of hyperdrive right now, and again, these "kids".....are probably having a little fun. Great. No harm done, just like no harm done by my commentary implying the culmination of shine and tap-dancing by the masses was seen today in an organized pilgramage, in front of newscameras and posted to youtube, to sing happy birthday to a 60 year old man who wasn't there, and wasn't in a hospital ward, nursing home, or the vatican from what I can tell.

Now....if the bus dropped those "kids" off after their visit to the kids ward at Roswell, and the newscameras were left over from a morning practice 10 hours after back to back games....then by all means, call me a cruel, lifeless, ignoramous who has my priorities out of order.

You have to admit. It's a little strange.

Sort of Kim Jong Il-ish. Or Il-ee-ahsh. :)

Wikipedia defines "flash mob" as a "large group of people who assemble suddenly in a public place, perform an unusual and pointless act for a brief time, then disperse." The term is applied only to "gatherings organized via telecommunications, social media, or viral e-mails."

It has some social value, but most are probably the very opposite of sycophants.

Heck, when I was a kid we used to get drunk and climb radio towers. This seems safer.

Archived