T-PEGS Turns 60

kishoph

I laugh at the people who use the whole "who wants them to sneak into 8th place and lose in the first round" argument. Statistically they might be "sneaking into 8th place" but there is absolutely no doubt the Sabres have been a Top 10, maybe even Top 5 team in the league since Jan 1st. It sucks that the first half of the season went so miserably, and I know the work isn't done yet, but no -- I'm not really scared of of a 8v1, 7v2, or 6v3 matchup at all. Bring on Philly. Bring on Washington. Bring on Tampa. Bring on Boston. The Sabres are rolling.

As are the Pens and Caps. Each 8-2 in their last ten games.

A number to watch depending on a first round match-up is 12. The Sabres have given up 12 short handed goals this year. The Flyers and Pens have scored 12 short handed goals for this season. That is a match-up fans should hope to avoid.

As are the Pens and Caps. Each 8-2 in their last ten games.

A number to watch depending on a first round match-up is 12. The Sabres have given up 12 short handed goals this year. The Flyers and Pens have scored 12 short handed goals for this season. That is a match-up fans should hope to avoid.

Flyers in round one? Sign me up for that all day long.

Archived