GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Stop putting words in their mouths. You are right it was a bad call. They were upset the guy in the arena gave credit to Vanek when it clearly wasn't, not because he is a forward. And I think you misheard Wolski.

What do you mean I misheard Wolski? Both announcers were upset with the penalty call and stated "That was just a hockey play, bad call there." It was clearly a boarding penalty. Hockey plays result in penalties sometimes.

As for the Ennis call, it was a bad call, he just got out muscled. But it was certainly wasn't "embellishment" in any way, it was a 6'3" defenseman knocking over a 5'8" skinny little forward. Just because he went down doesn't mean it was a dive.

And the announcers spent 5 minutes complaining about Vanek being credited with the goal. It's like they've never seen a hockey game before. They'll change it later, you can't just delay the goal announcement all night while trying to determine whether he touched it.

Stop putting words in their mouths. You are right it was a bad call. They were upset the guy in the arena gave credit to Vanek when it clearly wasn't, not because he is a forward. And I think you misheard Wolski.

Maybe they weren't "livid" but that was annoying. Who cares who got the goal? The game is going on, get over it. The people in charge of stats will look at replay during intermission and change it if need be. Why keep talking about for several minutes after? I thought that was absolutely pointless. Goals have been changed many times. And they DID change the goal. So they wasted all that breath for nothing.

they were absolutely furious when buffalo got their first PP when the defenseman knocked ennis down... they're right it wasn't a penalty, but ennis is tiny and got out muscled by a big 6'3 defenseman and they accused him of embellishing it and taking a dive. they were livid when vanek was creditted with the goal by Myers.. not that it makes a difference but they just absolutely could not stand to see a bufflao forward get creditted with the goal. And when Weber was clearly boarded by Wolski they all thought it was a terrible call.

Yea, I did hear them commenting on that Weber penalty. I even saw that hit could have been scary. His head was headed right for the boards

Archived