OT: Big Bang Theory

wjag

Last night's show had so many great one-liners in it.

By far my favorite was , "Not the Dirt People"...

The wife and I both love this show. This, How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement are the only network sitcoms we really watch anymore. Oh, and The Office.

I can't really watch major network sitcoms anymore. They all almost seem exactly the same.

I agree. I can't watch a show where they have to cue the laugh track to let you know when its supposed to be funny. Half the time it ain't. Friends was just stupid. I don't understand the love people have for that show? I think its all part of the dumbing down of society by the networks. I should add that it seems to have worked on me. :blink:

I agree. I can't watch a show where they have to cue the laugh track to let you know when its supposed to be funny. Half the time it ain't. Friends was just stupid. I don't understand the love people have for that show? I think its all part of the dumbing down of society by the networks.

All sitcoms employ the laugh track. Having said that, if you haven't watch this one, give it a few show run. As usual, you have to have a feel for the characters before you get a sense of the humor. This show is VERY well written. It blends engineering/science humor with nerds and their awkward social interractions.

We have a son with Aspergers. We certainly see a lot of Sheldon's mannerisms in our son. Gives us a lighter moment at times.

All sitcoms employ the laugh track. Having said that, if you haven't watch this one, give it a few show run. As usual, you have to have a feel for the characters before you get a sense of the humor. This show is VERY well written. It blends engineering/science humor with nerds and their awkward social interractions.

We have a son with Aspergers. We certainly see a lot of Sheldon's mannerisms in our son. Gives us a lighter moment at times.

Thanks,I'll check it out.

To add to this. I guess I'm a bit jaded when it comes to sitcoms mostly because I was such a big fan of Seinfeld when it was big. I haven't really found anything that comes close. Most of us have a favorite episode of seinfeld. Mine was when Jerrys date had man hands. Cough,retch! :blink:

To add to this. I guess I'm a bit jaded when it comes to sitcoms mostly because I was such a big fan of Seinfeld when it was big. I haven't really found anything that comes close. Most of us have a favorite episode of seinfeld. Mine was when Jerrys date had man hands. Cough,retch! :blink:

Not a fan of "Curb Your Enthusiasm"?

Archived