GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wjag

Would you please shoot the damn puck, Vanek? WTF is wrong with you? You had the win on your stick, and you made a weak-azzed pass to Roy. Brutal.

Oh, and will the Sabres ever be good at getting the puck out of their own zone? It's been this way since I first started watching in 1970. WTF!!!!!

The only thing wrong with Vanek's pass was that Roy missed. Roy had a wide open net...

Scott, Vanek needed to shoot that. There was plenty of net available. He has a lack of confidence right now, and it's troubling. He should have put that on net; the "old Vanek" would have scored. He's great in shootouts, but in live play, he lacks the shooting instinct he once had.

Scott, Vanek needed to shoot that. There was plenty of net available. He has a lack of confidence right now, and it's troubling. He should have put that on net; the "old Vanek" would have scored. He's great in shootouts, but in live play, he lacks the shooting instinct he once had.

Yeah - It's troubling that Leopold has as many goals as Vanek 17 games into the season. Vanek is definitely looking to pass first lately.

That's because he was absolutely so shocked that Vanek passed instead of shot (like the entire world) that he wasn't ready for it.

You guys are just upset that we lost. That was a great backdoor pass for a tap in. There is a difference between pulling up and seeing a great play develop in front of you. He saw the play and Roy missed it.

You guys are just upset that we lost. That was a great backdoor pass for a tap in. There is a difference between pulling up and seeing a great play develop in front of you. He saw the play and Roy missed it.

Don't write me off as being upset that the Sabs lost. Yeah, I would have loved a win, but as above, I'm not unhappy with 5 pts in 3 games. Frankly, I'm not upset right now.

I saw a clear scoring chance that Vanek passed up; apparently, I'm not the only one. We saw the play, and Vanek missed it.

I think there were two great options there. He had plenty of net to shoot, from a very close range.

But, you are right, he had Roy with a wide open chance, and he overskated it and blew it.

I'm upset, but not enough to cloud my judgment. I still disagree. If he shoots, and there is a rebound (which there would be because it's Biron) there are only Roy and Vanek to pick it up. Game over.

Hold on. Didn't you think the hooking call on Leopold was cheap?

I don't. His actions caused his opponent to remove a hand from his stick. The call against Boyle was weak, too, as Sekera just fell under the pressure from the ridiculously STUPID play he made. Lots of questionable calls in that game.

Not that we ever want the Sabres to have a power play, because theirs just blows, and has since Arniel left the Sabres.

Don't write me off as being upset that we lost. Yeah, I would have loved a win, but as above, I'm not unhappy with 5 pts in 3 games. Frankly, I'm not upset right now.

I saw a clear scoring chance that Vanek passed up; apparently, I'm not the only one. We saw the play, and Vanek missed it.

I chalk that up to being pre-conditioned to criticize Vanek whenever he passes and for fan's predilection for saying you should have done the opposite when something didn't work.

He had no momentum. He got spun around. He's flat-footed and he makes a backdoor pass. I'm not going to complain. The defenseman did a good job of at least interrupting the flow of the play.

I'm upset, but not enough to cloud my judgment. I still disagree. If he shoots, and there is a rebound (which there would be because it's Biron) there are only Roy and Vanek to pick it up. Game over.

What rebound was Roy going to pick up? :unsure: He was in no position to pickup any rebound.

What?

haha You had me for a second. I was about to explain the joke.

You gotta say this -- Vanek the last two games has made some incredible moves to break in on goal. He just never seems to have anything left in the legs to do anything about it once he's in.

There's life in Tom. It's a good sign.

All in all, there's nothing wrong with the way this team has played the last three games. It's too bad they had to put themselves in the position they were in to finally wake up.