An open letter to Darcy Regier and the Buffalo Sabres

bunomatic

I figure it would have happened sooner or later with the way this squads been playing but imagine if you will , a world where the G.M. of your favorite team actually took the time to read sabrespace. Actually cared what the fans thought or felt about the team they bled for. What would you ask him? Would you make any suggestions . Would he listen or would he continue to preach patience? How do they turn this around? Darcy? Are you listening?

Darcy? Are you listening?

He is not. Nor is Quinn. Nor is Galisano. But old man Rigas from Adelphia is. Problem is he can no longer give us the tools to get the job done. He's done. Really truly done actually. Like WNY.

I figure it would have happened sooner or later with the way this squads been playing but imagine if you will , a world where the G.M. of your favorite team actually took the time to read sabrespace. Actually cared what the fans thought or felt about the team they bled for. What would you ask him? Would you make any suggestions . Would he listen or would he continue to preach patience? How do they turn this around? Darcy? Are you listening?

The only things I want from that front office are resignations.

He is not. Nor is Quinn. Nor is Galisano. But old man Rigas from Adelphia is. Problem is he can no longer give us the tools to get the job done. He's done. Really truly done actually. Like WNY.

Let me guess: you're another one of those who left WNY to enrich his own ass, rather than stick around and help lift it from the ashes, right? Buffalo is just fine; getting better by the day.

Let me guess: you're another one of those who left WNY to enrich his own ass, rather than stick around and help lift it from the ashes, right? Buffalo is just fine; getting better by the day.

Cheektowaga baby, and if you dont think WNY is done look at your next tax bill and compare it to anywhere else in the country. I'm still here but wondering why more and more each and every day.

You must have rose colored glasses if you think Buffalo is just fine and getting better by the day.

And your statement you would fault somone for leaving in order to enrich their own ass? Misery loves company I guess and maybe thats why i'm still here lol! :lol:

I have to admit, if you would have told me ten years ago that I would be living on the West Side in Buffalo, I would have laughed at you. But now, I'm happy I am. It's not as bad as some stupid people like to say.

Cheektowaga baby, and if you dont think WNY is done look at your next tax bill and compare it to anywhere else in the country. I'm still here but wondering why more and more each and every day.

You must have rose colored glasses if you think Buffalo is just fine and getting better by the day.

And your statement you would fault somone for leaving in order to enrich their own ass? Misery loves company I guess and maybe thats why i'm still here lol! :lol:

I do think Buffalo is getting better every day. I don't like criticism from the diaspora, but I was wrong: you're still here, so I can't call you out on it. (If someone wants to leave for more pay, fine; just be quiet and let us be.)

I have to admit, if you would have told me ten years ago that I would be living on the West Side in Buffalo, I would have laughed at you. But now, I'm happy I am. It's not as bad as some stupid people like to say.

Same here. I'm on Richmond Avenue, and I love it. And although I miss Jimmy Mac's (RIP), everything else about this city has gotten better in the last few years.

Better everyday how? Roads bridges infastructure are crumbling. Taxes are high and not done yet. Peace Bridge? Waterfront Bass Pro? I love it here but taxes and politics are like the death knell for the area. And I don't fault anyone for leaving with whatever reason but I would agree with you that when you're gone there's no need to rub it in people faces. We do have a lot of great reasons for living here!

Better everyday how? Roads bridges infastructure are crumbling. Taxes are high and not done yet. Peace Bridge? Waterfront Bass Pro? I love it here but taxes and politics are like the death knell for the area. And I don't fault anyone for leaving with whatever reason but I would agree with you that when you're gone there's no need to rub it in people faces. We do have a lot of great reasons for living here!

I don't love the taxes, but we do receive some services in return (talk to a kid in eighth grade in Florida, talk to one in WNY, and tell me I'm wrong). The "loss" of bass pro is a gain; it was an embarrassment that we were courting them like that to begin with. And the pols are going to die out. Len Lenihan won't last forever. We'll be ok here, because we didn't dive the way Charlotte did; we didn't dip the way the Pac NW did; we stayed steady. Buffalo bottomed out before a lot of other American cities did, and we are going to do just fine. Actually, folks are moving HERE. And if you want the news from the bright side, check out buffalorising.com

Take it easy, have a good night...

The person I am today is because of Buffalo. Yes, I did leave. But, I would not have a job in Buffalo. I tried, but to no avail :(. I love every second of my hometown and spread my love regardless of where I go. Buffalo has good people and good fun - which is why people alwyas come back. Let's go Buf-a-lo!!!

Taxes in Maryland are just as high. Massachusetts as well I believe.

A lot higher in Jersey as well.

Mass sucks, CT sucks for taxes but they can afford it and Jersey sucks too. In so many ways! But in Jersey gas is always 60 cents cheaper per gallon. Wanna guess why? (taxes)They also have a new Gov. who is going to try and undo years of NY style government for what it's worth. Check Jersey in five years and check us out.

Sorry guys I'm trying to get into this but i did and I cant get out because just when I think I can get out you keep pulling me back in!

Mass sucks, CT sucks for taxes but they can afford it and Jersey sucks too. In so many ways! But in Jersey gas is always 60 cents cheaper per gallon. Wanna guess why? (taxes)They also have a new Gov. who is going to try and undo years of NY style government for what it's worth. Check Jersey in five years and check us out.

Sorry guys I'm trying to get into this but i did and I cant get out because just when I think I can get out you keep pulling me back in!

Jersey does have the advantage of being in close proximity of population centers #1 (NYC) and #6 (Philly). Those two cities are only 5 miles futher apart than Buffalo and Toronto.

Archived