Game Discussion Thread

spndnchz

Atrocious goal allowed by Miller.

Good to see the passion from Connolly, who pole axed the ice after the two-man down goal -- after he blocked two shots and was obviously hurtin'.

But the play that really stuck out was Myers skating back into his own zone, just before Atlanta went on the power play, getting caught easily from behind by Thorburn, who took the puck away. I don't even know how to evaluate that play. Myers couldn't have been gassed. The man just wasn't moving. Certainly he cares, but it's precisely the kind of play legion of Buffalo defensemen over the years would be booed off the ice for. It'll be interesting to see when this honeymoon ends. I think we're getting there.

Why is everyone so angry? The effort has been there so far. Some good hits, nice chances. There were some horrible calls. That's the only reason it is 2-2. If Ruff is angry about anything it should be his own ineptitude in creating a power play worth a squirt of piss in last 5 years. If we had one, it would be 4-1 right now.

Why is everyone so angry? The effort has been there so far. Some good hits, nice chances. There were some horrible calls. That's the only reason it is 2-2. If Ruff is angry about anything it should be his own ineptitude in creating a power play worth a squirt of piss in last 5 years. If we had on, it would be 4-1 right now.

He and or McCutcheon had Vanek on the wall on that one power play.

Atrocious goal allowed by Miller.

Good to see the passion from Connolly, who pole axed the ice after the two-man down goal -- after he blocked two shots and was obviously hurtin'.

But the play that really stuck out was Myers skating back into his own zone, just before Atlanta went on the power play, getting caught easily from behind by Thorburn, who took the puck away. I don't even know how to evaluate that play. Myers couldn't have been gassed. The man just wasn't moving. Certainly he cares, but it's precisely the kind of play legion of Buffalo defensemen over the years would be booed off the ice for. It'll be interesting to see when this honeymoon ends. I think we're getting there.

Oh, it's over. Are you kidding? The honeymoon is over. The guy is not a seasoned vet, and he's going to be better than a lot of blueliners that we've seen recently (I still think Campbell had two good half-seasons, and that's it), but he needs some press box time as much, if not more, than Rivet does. (Rivet, it sends a message to the team, and gets an older, less effective, guy out of the way. It's not going to change RIvet, though; his shortcomings are because of age, not lack of skill or experience. Sitting Myers, it sends a message to HIM and lets him watch a bit.)

what a bonehead play by Kaleta at the end of the period... why take that penalty

It's all he does anymore. He's no. 3 on my list, after Stafford and Connolly. And he's moving up to no. 2. He draws few penalties (and what's the point, anyway, with McCutcheon's PP?), and contributes little. Great that he's from Angola, though, huh?

It's all he does anymore. He's no. 3 on my list, after Stafford and Connolly. And he's moving up to no. 2. He draws few penalties (and what's the point, anyway, with McCutcheon's PP?), and contributes little. Great that he's from Angola, though, huh?

I think Kaleta has been pretty good this year, I don't know. He's drawn some penalties and the line of Kaleta-Goose-Gerbe has, if nothing else, been a good "energy" line. But that penalty was just stupid.

I think you can blame all five Sabres on the ice and the one in the box for that goal.

In MIller's defense--and he has not played well this year, so I'm not exalting him--that puck did bounce over his stick. That happens.

Kaleta is useless. His antics are known to opponents and refs, and he is obsolete and fragile.