GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

It means more than you think. It gives the Sabres at least one player other teams have to look over their shoulders for. I think the Sabres should be trying to clone Kaleta's ballz and attach the cloned ballz to Gaustad and Stafford. You want to talk about "means nothing", Stafford and Gaustad might as well be 5' 7".

It means nothing. We didn't lose all those games to Ottawa because Chris Neil was hitting people late. We lost them because Alfy and Pizza scored more than Roy and Vanek. All Neil did was neutralize Mair.

It means nothing. We didn't lose all those games to Ottawa because Chris Neil was hitting people late. We lost them because Alfy and Pizza scored more than Roy and Vanek. All Neil did was neutralize Mair.

A hard hitting team can easily destroy the timing of a softer team. If you don't think having a Kaleta or a Chris Neil on the ice isn't forcing the opposing team to hurry the play than you need to pay closer attention. The reason the hits may look like they are late to you is because the player about to receive the hit got rid of the puck as quickly as they could. Most turnovers at the blue line or the neutral zone are caused by a player rushing because they are about to get hit.

A hard hitting team can easily destroy the timing of a softer team. If you don't think having a Kaleta or a Chris Neil on the ice isn't forcing the opposing team to hurry the play than you need to pay closer attention. The reason the hits may look like they are late to you is because the player about to receive the hit got rid of the puck as quickly as they could. Most turnovers at the blue line or the neutral zone are caused by a player rushing because they are about to get hit.

That's more about team toughness than that of one player, creating a mindset within your organization that the guy in the other jersey is your enemy and you must hit him at any opportunity. That kind of physicality can severely disrupt the team you are playing against.

I seriously doubt that Pat Kaleta scares anyone with his 7 minutes of running after people and taking himself out of the play. If anything, you can game plan around him very easily. Ignore him and, when he looks to take a run at you in the corner, keep your head up and look for a good pass.

Look at that. I have neutralized Kaleta's ability to draw penalties and disrupt my game plan.

Kaleta doesn't have balls. I compare him to the insurgency in Iraq. He jumps out and gets a couple of your guys and then runs off. But when engaged in real combat, he stands no chance.

That has seemed to leave his game. I was as critical of the 'Kaleta Turtle' as anyone could be. His physical game seems to be maturing. My no means is he a Matt Barnaby. Hitting a guy, dropping the gloves and laughing through the entire fight. He does have a significant place on this team though.

A few word about McCormick, he is a dime a dozen player. On a team that usually refuses to pay that dime I am glad he is on the team. Here he is on the fourth line, should probably be higher considering how the other forwards have played, doing a nice job on the physical aspect of the game.

That's more about team toughness than that of one player, creating a mindset within your organization that the guy in the other jersey is your enemy and you must hit him at any opportunity. That kind of physicality can severely disrupt the team you are playing against.

I seriously doubt that Pat Kaleta scares anyone with his 7 minutes of running after people and taking himself out of the play. If anything, you can game plan around him very easily. Ignore him and, when he looks to take a run at you in the corner, keep your head up and look for a good pass.

Look at that. I have neutralized Kaleta's ability to draw penalties and disrupt my game plan.

Far easier said than done. How have the Sabres fared over the years ignoring players like Chris Neil? Not to well. The Sens have owned Sabres and part of it is Chris Neil hammering the softer Sabre d-men and forwards.

That has seemed to leave his game. I was as critical of the 'Kaleta Turtle' as anyone could be. His physical game seems to be maturing. My no means is he a Matt Barnaby. Hitting a guy, dropping the gloves and laughing through the entire fight. He does have a significant place on this team though.

A few word about McCormick, he is a dime a dozen player. On a team that usually refuses to pay that dime I am glad he is on the team. Here he is on the fourth line, should probably be higher considering how the other forwards have played, doing a nice job on the physical aspect of the game.

Kaleta's physical game has fallen off. I will admit that he doesn't turtle but he also isn't hitting as much. This neck injury has ended him. Plus, he doesn't really even have to fight with McCormick out there.

On McCormick, he's exactly what I want out of a forth line energy guy. Real toughness. I'd rather have 1 McCormick than 3 Kaletas. He is the epitome of what I remember this team of being physically capable of in the 90's.

Far easier said than done. How have the Sabres fared over the years ignoring players like Chris Neil? Not to well. The Sens have owned Sabres and part of it is Chris Neil hammering the softer Sabre d-men and forwards.

Pat Kaleta is not even on the same level as Chris Neil. The comparison isn't even valid.

Chris Neil has some offensive upside, is far more physical, tougher, and more imposing. Chris Neil is everything I wish Pat Kaleta was. Neil is like a marauding tank. Kaleta is like a humvee with a flat tire.

It also doesn't hurt that Ottawa has very good overall team toughness. It isn't just Neil that hits. It's Kelly, Foligno, Volchenkov, Ruutu, etc. That may be the biggest difference of them all.

i have a real bad feeling about tonight. It could get ugly early and snowball down hill from there. Have I been watching too many Bills games? Maybe, but Chicago is friggin good and our Sabres are approaching disaster mode. Might be Lindy's last game?

Considering what happened last time? Would Chicago really want to open a big lead?

•  
  • There'll be nothing tonight from the Sabres as far as retribution or anything.
  • It's a pretty loud crowd in the United Centre, leading the Hawks to score early in the first.
  • The Sabres will slouch around on their skates for the rest of the game.
  • Roy and McCormick will be the only Sabres out on the ice looking like they've come to play.
  • Myers and Montador will consistently either lose the puck or ice it in the face of a strong forecheck.
  • Vanek is going to be sulking around the net and getting shoved off every puck that comes by.
  • Connolly will consistently manage to lose the puck in his legs.
  • Gerbe and Ennis will buzz around skating like they're playing pond hockey but forgetting to put the puck on net.
  • Nothing-goalie Crawford will look like a MVP and we'll lose 4-1 or something.

What would be the odds on a 9-way parlay bet on this? 3 to 1 at most? It'd be great if even one of these wagers is off wouldn't it?

•  
  • There'll be nothing tonight from the Sabres as far as retribution or anything.
  • It's a pretty loud crowd in the United Centre, leading the Hawks to score early in the first.
  • The Sabres will slouch around on their skates for the rest of the game.
  • Roy and McCormick will be the only Sabres out on the ice looking like they've come to play.
  • Myers and Montador will consistently either lose the puck or ice it in the face of a strong forecheck.
  • Vanek is going to be sulking around the net and getting shoved off every puck that comes by.
  • Connolly will consistently manage to lose the puck in his legs.
  • Gerbe and Ennis will buzz around skating like they're playing pond hockey but forgetting to put the puck on net.
  • Nothing-goalie Crawford will look like a MVP and we'll lose 4-1 or something.

What would be the odds on a 9-way parlay bet on this? 3 to 1 at most? It'd be great if even one of these wagers is off wouldn't it?

Boy, he has really disappeared. Should be benched. I noticed Staffoed was not on your list, which is perfect. He won't be a factor

I noticed Stafford was not on your list, which is perfect. He won't be a factor

Exactly, why bother with someone who gets into great positions and then whiffs on open nets. No wonder even D-men have started leaving him open!

It amazes me how fans jump to conclusions like this. What on God's green Earth would make you think there is any pressure pm Lindy what so ever?

All I can say in my defense is that in my mind we need a coaching change, and I think that's a reasonable conclusion to get from the situation, so it is always a possiblity. If I can see its necessary, then perhaps others will also. I mean Galisano can't be completely blind, can he? Perhaps there is also the fact there was a Galisano sighting at the rink yesterday. At least we know he hasn't been deposed by Ruff/Regier Junta. So that's a good sign, lol