GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

8:30pm

After our "homestand" and the Pominville incident, if the Sabres don't come out on fire tonight and least try to beat the crap out of the Hawks, I'm beginning to wonder if Lindy will even make it out of October as Sabres coach. Someone a little high up on the totem pole will need to take the fall.

However, with that said, I have some strong confidence that the Sabres will dominate. 9-0 Buffalo, 0 goals by vanek, 12 shots into the pads though... Lalime's first shutout this year.

LETS GO BUFFALO!

I can't think of a better team builder than an all out brawl against the Hawks tonight. From Gerbe to Myers this team has to be ready to get a little nasty. Put Lalime in to protect Miller and run every Hawk star. I don't care if the Sabres lose 10-0 and give up 10 power play goals on 20 chances. There is a bigger picture at stake tonight. There is a challenge in front of the Sabres. If they hide from that challenge or try to excuse their way out it? It is going to leave a bitter taste with the fans.

Nothing is going to happen tonight and I guarantee this team is told by Lindy to stay out of the box. It will be another 3-1 or 4-2 loss and things turn ugly tomorrow. Is it too late to get MAC and MAX back? This team is VERY unlikeable

That is very true. This team carries none of the qualities Buffalo sports fans are drawn to.

That is very true. This team carries none of the qualities Buffalo sports fans are drawn to.

Something is really bugging me about last night. Coming out you have the first captain of the Sabres -- and the coach who led them to their first final -- the son of the franchise's founder, a legend and HHOFer in Henri Richard, hell, the team owner, Rick Jeanneret and Rick Effin Azar were even down there, re-enacting the first faceoff at home in franchise history ... and the Sabres are slumped on the bench, leaning over the boards, milling around, chatting, laughing. The disrespect was brazen.

Wonder what the Canadien players did during the team's 100th anniversary ceremony.

Something is really bugging me about last night. Coming out you have the first captain of the Sabres -- and the coach who led them to their first final -- the son of the franchise's founder, a legend and HHOFer in Henri Richard, hell, the team owner, Rick Jeanneret and Rick Effin Azar were even down there, re-enacting the first faceoff at home in franchise history ... and the Sabres are slumped on the bench, leaning over the boards, milling around, chatting, laughing. The disrespect was brazen.

Wonder what the Canadien players did during the team's 100th anniversary ceremony.

I personally think they should do these ceremonies while the players are still in the locker room. They're for the fans anyway.

Did this really happen?

By the way: 40 years ago, Butch Deadmarsh, who was to play 137 NHL games with the Sabres, Atlanta and Kansas City, was in the lineup for that first game in Buffalo. Why do I mention him now? Because when he was introduced at the pregame ceremony, the public-address announcer called him Dutch Bedmarsh.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/sports/hockey/montreal-canadiens/Sabres+first+draft+memorable/3680517/story.html#ixzz12WxJd7QQ

You talk about organizations winning and losing. The Sabres have a PA guy who not only can't get his tongue out of the way on a routine basis, but apparently he's dyslexic too. How does someone like that get a public address announcing job? I have nothing against Jay Moran, stutterers or dyslexics, but come on.

Maybe he and LQ share that condo in Dublin.

Only guys to keep: Miller and Myers....After that, they are ALL tradable....This team needs a shakeup...We aren't doomed yet (see last year's Black Hawks start and Philly wasn't awesome last season until the playoffs), but the only way out of this funk is to deal a few guys...Another problem I see is too much youth...

I can't think of a better team builder than an all out brawl against the Hawks tonight. From Gerbe to Myers this team has to be ready to get a little nasty. Put Lalime in to protect Miller and run every Hawk star. I don't care if the Sabres lose 10-0 and give up 10 power play goals on 20 chances. There is a bigger picture at stake tonight. There is a challenge in front of the Sabres. If they hide from that challenge or try to excuse their way out it? It is going to leave a bitter taste with the fans.

I could only wish that would happen and I agree that kind of team incident could be a team unifying action like Robbie described when Schoney single handledly took on the Briuns team and served notice this team would no longer be pushed around. Alas I fear this team of gentlemen Jims doesn't have the first clue how to make something like that happen, hell over half of them do not know how to finish a check let alone that .

Only guys to keep: Miller and Myers....After that, they are ALL tradable....This team needs a shakeup...We aren't doomed yet (see last year's Black Hawks start and Philly wasn't awesome last season until the playoffs), but the only way out of this funk is to deal a few guys...Another problem I see is too much youth...

Wishful thinking but w/o some drastic catalyst to change players and/or the system thats producing these results I think we can only expect to be re-arranging the deck chairs on this titanic.

Full speed ahead it's only early plenty of time for the core to figure it out.

Big ice time winners in the third were McCormick, Niedermayer, Grier, Rivet and Hecht. Quite an endorsement of the go-to Core, when you're down 2-0 and 2-1, eh?

Losers were Connolly, Gaustad and Kaleta.

I think Kaleta is done. He can no longer do what he was good at which was being a pest. Nobody will take him seriously if he can't fight. He is moving gingerly out there and his scoring was mediocre to begin with.

I think Kaleta is done. He can no longer do what he was good at which was being a pest. Nobody will take him seriously if he can't fight. He is moving gingerly out there and his scoring was mediocre to begin with.

I haven't seen Kaleta back down or turtle in quite some time.

I haven't seen him do much of anything since this whole neck injury.

That was my point.

He is not right out there. He has that "constipated" look that Thomas Vanek skates around with. I have noticed other teams just ignoring him when he gets in after the whistle this year. He's hit a little bit, but he also has skated off checks many times. Who knows....that may be Lindy's call.

I thought he played the pest role pretty good against the Devils.

The team overall has looked pathetic, I think Kaleta has been one of the bright spots. He looks as if he has a pulse. Right now I would consider him part of the actual "core" of the team not the "core" the Sabres pretend to have. Miller, Myers and Kaleta. Everyone else could be traded tomorrow and I wouldn't care. Roy is of to a nice start, I want to she him sustain it for the year before I consider him part of the "core" of the team.

The team overall has looked pathetic, I think Kaleta has been one of the bright spots. He looks as if he has a pulse. Right now I would consider him part of the actual "core" of the team not the "core" the Sabres pretend to have. Miller, Myers and Kaleta. Everyone else could be traded tomorrow and I wouldn't care. Roy is of to a nice start, I want to she him sustain it for the year before I consider him part of the "core" of the team.

I really think he has more skill than he plays with right now. He is surprisingly fast. I wish he would concentrate more on chasing the play instead of chasing down a borderline late hit that means nothing.

I really think he has more skill than he plays with right now. He is surprisingly fast. I wish he would concentrate more on chasing the play instead of chasing down a borderline late hit that means nothing.

Agreed. So why has Kaleta become this type of player? Does Lindy really have to sacrifice some kid's brain to try and prove he has a set of balls -- when he clearly had them lopped off at the vet a number of years ago?

It means more than you think. It gives the Sabres at least one player other teams have to look over their shoulders for. I think the Sabres should be trying to clone Kaleta's ballz and attach the cloned ballz to Gaustad and Stafford. You want to talk about "means nothing", Stafford and Gaustad might as well be 5' 7".

Roy has been great.. and not just because he has five goals already, but his all around game has been great. He's everywhere and plays with tenacity most of the team sorely lacks. Statistically he will have to cool down at some point but as long as he plays at the level he has been I will be happy with him. It seems he's come a long way from diving and complaining... IDK how his off-the-ice leadership is but he is doing everything right on the ice (well besides not covering Kovalchuk).

It means more than you think. It gives the Sabres at least one player other teams have to look over their shoulders for. I think the Sabres should be trying to clone Kaleta's ballz and attach the cloned ballz to Gaustad and Stafford. You want to talk about "means nothing", Stafford and Gaustad might as well be 5' 7".

Kaleta doesn't have balls. I compare him to the insurgency in Iraq. He jumps out and gets a couple of your guys and then runs off. But when engaged in real combat, he stands no chance.