Will Lindys post game anger us make a better team?

beerme1

15 members have voted

1. 1. Will the team will be inspired without Sekera in the lineup

• Yes and Miller will be happier too
    • No it really doesn't matter we don't have enough blank

I love Lindy even though I think he should have been relieved of duties. Thats my problem though.

We all love Lindy post game because he tells it like it is. Why he cant see what he talks about is beyond me though. He will complain we didn't do this or that and leave the line up intact.

you cant discredit how poorly some of the players particularly the forwards are playing. All the great teams motivate themselves and dont need a head coach to fire them up.

YOu can start with the core, Connolly, goose, hecht, pommers, vanek are all playing like crap. I dont like Roy but hes playing possessed this season; christ if we didnt have him we might be winless.

Better coaching wont make these guys cash in on their chances.

Lindy has to me never been the problem. He's regarded as one of the top 5 best coaches in the NHL, probably the best along with Babcock and Tippett when you consider how he always makes this team very competitive even though he has to live with a frugal owner and a completely incompetent GM in Regier. This team needs a thing or two: 1) Trade Sekera immediately and replace him with Weber 2) Trade Connolly and a second rounder for Claude Giroux and call up Luke Adam and bench Nathan Gerbe.

Lindy was able to get 40 goals out of 25 goal scorer Vanek though. I too think its high time for a change, but you cannot discredit what he has done for some of the players.

I read this and I really doubt there is any truth to it at all. It relates to a fear I have with Myers being coached by Ruff. Vanek came into the NHL without any Ruff coaching and influence and proved to be a top goal scorer in the league. It seems that the longer he stays under Ruff the less true that becomes. I have the same fear we are seeing that with Myers. He came into the NHL with a great deal of natural talent. I have to ask, are the troubles Myers are having now a result of Lindy getting inside this kids head with his "coaching?"

I wouldn't say Sekera has been a great shut down d-man this year, but I like his play compared to that of Rivet and more so Montador, so I dont get where all of this bench or trade Sekera is coming from. Every time I see a d-man pinch in the offensive zone this year it's Sekera, but maybe it's just me. At least he's trying. I'd say part ways with Rivet and replace him with a somewhat decent veteran d-man, though I can honestly say I don't know who that would be. Marc Andre Bergeron perhaps, if he hasn't signed with anyone? But I'd say Montador/Rivet are more of a problem for this team.

Lindy has to me never been the problem. He's regarded as one of the top 5 best coaches in the NHL, probably the best along with Babcock and Tippett when you consider how he always makes this team very competitive even though he has to live with a frugal owner and a completely incompetent GM in Regier. This team needs a thing or two: 1) Trade Sekera immediately and replace him with Weber 2) Trade Connolly and a second rounder for Claude Giroux and call up Luke Adam and bench Nathan Gerbe.

Writing Hasek's and Miller's names on a lineup card is some quality coaching. This team has taken far too many nights off under Lindy Ruff. The four game home stretch may be shocking to some, it is definitely a familiar site for many more of us. We have all seen efforts like the last four games far too often.

I wouldn't say Sekera has been a great shut down d-man this year, but I like his play compared to that of Rivet and more so Montador, so I dont get where all of this bench or trade Sekera is coming from. Every time I see a d-man pinch in the offensive zone this year it's Sekera, but maybe it's just me. At least he's trying. I'd say part ways with Rivet and replace him with a somewhat decent veteran d-man, though I can honestly say I don't know who that would be. Marc Andre Bergeron perhaps, if he hasn't signed with anyone? But I'd say Montador/Rivet are more of a problem for this team.

The Sabres have really screwed up the defense on this team. Instead of putting Sekera, Butler and Weber in there and let them play Lindy continues to try to over-coach them. Here is a news flash for Lindy, young defensemen make mistakes and they need to stay in the lineup to learn to work past them. I would much rather watch a young kid working his way up in the NHL than watching a Rivet or Montador working their way out of the NHL. How can Lindy, with a straight face, tell Sekera, Butler and Weber that they need to earn their spots in the lineup and then turn around and write Rivets name on the lineup card every night?

No GM out there's willing to take on Tiny Tim and his 4.5 mill. salary, and actually give you a real player in return to boot. Regardless how many 1st or 2nd rounders you throw in.

We're stuck with him until Regier stops giving him a raise every time his contract is up.

I love Lindy even though I think he should have been relieved of duties. Thats my problem though.

We all love Lindy post game because he tells it like it is. Why he cant see what he talks about is beyond me though. He will complain we didn't do this or that and leave the line up intact.

I couldn't have said it any better. Lindy needs to scratch Connolly tonight and take a gamble. Why not put Gerbe on the 2nd line as a center? After the past 4 games, I don't know what the lines will look like tonight, but it'd be interesting to see if Gerbe could actually provide good set ups for Vanek.

Bergeron?? Are you kidding me? Have you forgotten even Goose blowing past him at the point on a Habs PP a couple of seasons ago?? If the Goose is outskating you, then you might as well put my dead grandma out on the blue line.

I couldn't have said it any better. Lindy needs to scratch Connolly tonight and take a gamble. Why not put Gerbe on the 2nd line as a center? After the past 4 games, I don't know what the lines will look like tonight, but it'd be interesting to see if Gerbe could actually provide good set ups for Vanek.

Whole the little guy has tried hard, what exactly has he shown to lead you to believe he can do anything at the NHL level.

I'm confused.

The poll question does not follow from the title. Also, why do you think Sekera will be benched? Link?

Dont expect logic if you're talking to me. :clapping:

I think Sekera would be benched tonight for the "inexcusable" gaff at the end of the game with the icing. You sit after that gaffe.

The Sabres have really screwed up the defense on this team. Instead of putting Sekera, Butler and Weber in there and let them play Lindy continues to try to over-coach them. Here is a news flash for Lindy, young defensemen make mistakes and they need to stay in the lineup to learn to work past them. I would much rather watch a young kid working his way up in the NHL than watching a Rivet or Montador working their way out of the NHL. How can Lindy, with a straight face, tell Sekera, Butler and Weber that they need to earn their spots in the lineup and then turn around and write Rivets name on the lineup card every night?

Montador seems to be getting a free pass with all this Rivet and Sekera bashing. No doubt, the guy is a loser.

Hmm, will Lindy's post game anger motivate the team? I say no. Each individual player's desire to win will motivate them to mesh with their fellow team mates' desire to win, therefore each will tap into their various talents to WIN! I don't think Lindy really has much influence overall. He's there for structure in practice, game time, and a few wise words here and there. Ultimately, it's all up to the players themselves. The Sabres have what it takes. Only God knows why they have lost 4 in a row. Who's to blame? Who the f#*< knows! Head out of your a$$, take a look in the mirror, realize how lucky you are, and go out there and DO YOUR JOB. This team could win a Stanley Cup AS IS, if they'd just stop being spoiled and get back in touch with reality. Besides, it's the beginning of the season. The Sabres like being under the radar and the underdog. That's when they're at their best. I have faith we're in store for some wonderful hockey this season.

Archived