Kassian sent back to OHL

thesportsbuff

Well, they still can call him up for 9 games at any time, right? So if there's a need, or if the Sabres feel Kassian needs some time at a higher level, he'll be back.

I'm pretty sure that once he starts the season in juniors he can't be called until he is done with his junior competition.

I'm pretty sure that once he starts the season in juniors he can't be called until he is done with his junior competition.

This is what I have been led to believe as well. Though I can't say I'm 100% on it -- I just assume if it were do-able we would see it a lot more often.

Adam, Schiestel, Persson, Byron, Gragnani, Parrish and Mancari also sent 'away'.

That leaves:

Weber, McCormick, Butler, Ellis, Gerbe, Sekera, Ennis, Enroth, Leggio.

Jordon Southorn has signed with the Trenton Devils of the ECHL.

LaLime has a groin problem, probably why they're keeping Enroth and Leggio.

Adam, Schiestel, Persson, Byron, Gragnani, Parrish and Mancari also sent 'away'.

That leaves:

Weber, McCormick, Butler, Ellis, Gerbe, Sekera, Ennis, Enroth, Leggio.

Jordon Southorn has signed with the Trenton Devils of the ECHL.

LaLime has a groin problem, probably why they're keeping Enroth and Leggio.

Let's hope it's serious. :thumbsup:

Yep. Career-ending even.

I love this time of year. Summer's dreamers fade away, and the realists turn blue and gold again.

Not sure what you mean there. Most of us wanted someone besides LaLime in the back up spot. For the number of games we know he'll play why not?

I wouldn't see him playing until at least two weeks from now. I think Lindy's more worried he's not getting ice time than his groin pull.

Not sure what you mean there. Most of us wanted someone besides LaLime in the back up spot. For the number of games we know he'll play why not?

I wouldn't see him playing until at least two weeks from now. I think Lindy's more worried he's not getting ice time than his groin pull.

I just mean that it's good to see some intelligent posters return to the board, like the swallows to Capicolla.

Let's hope it's serious. :thumbsup:

You have noticed that EVERY backup since Miller starting carrying the load has sucked. You have seen the cycle repeat itself over and over, right? Lindy rides Miller early, back up gets rusty, back plays like he's rusty, back up plays sparingly and in accordance, like he's rusty and poorly for rest of season. You have seem this repeat itself every year, with different goalies in nearly every year, right? Are watching the same team?

TJ Brennan?

That's true, no mention of him staying or going. He looked pretty good though, not sure if he'd beat Shakira and Butts but IMO def better than Weber offensively.

Update: he's gone 2

Leggio gone 2.

That leaves:

Weber, McCormick, Butler, Ellis, Gerbe, Sekera, Ennis, Enroth.

That leaves all three D men until Rivet comes back as Lindy said he'll most likely use 8 d-men.

Enroth until LaLijme gets better.

Gerbe and Ennis still getting time in the pre-season to make the squad.

Like Ink said, McCormick most likely on the roster already.

I don't see Ellis over McCormick.

You have noticed that EVERY backup since Miller starting carrying the load has sucked. You have seen the cycle repeat itself over and over, right? Lindy rides Miller early, back up gets rusty, back plays like he's rusty, back up plays sparingly and in accordance, like he's rusty and poorly for rest of season. You have seem this repeat itself every year, with different goalies in nearly every year, right? Are watching the same team?

The same team that continues to scrap the bottom of the backup goaltender barrel? Yes! Invest in a quality backup and a) Lindy will play him more and b) you will get better results.

I got lazy and relied on an incorrect memory (I thought the Pens had pulled just such a move with Staal, but that's not what happened), rather than looking it up. This is too bad, then.

The same team that continues to scrap the bottom of the backup goaltender barrel? Yes! Invest in a quality backup and a) Lindy will play him more and b) you will get better results.

Weren't all of the backups that were brought in considered "quality" before they got caught up in the goalie shredder known as Lindy Ruff?

is there a link on this....

Just a culmination of various sources over the past few days.

Lindy said today that Morrison and Myers are the opening pair for the season. 6'-4" and 6'-8" avarage weight of 220lbs. Nice- very nice.

Also, Weber and Butler fighting for the last spot. Shakira shakira!!

Archived