Game Discussion Thread: Sabres @ Flyers, 10/01/10

spndnchz

Keep an eye on TJ Brennan. He seems to be climbing the depth chart pretty quickly. He looked pretty solid in the game against the sens.

I was starting to wonder about him. I missed most of the Ottawa game, so I wasn't sure if he has actually gotten into a game yet.

While we're talking about the younger guys, is there any list out there of who is remaining on the roster right now?

Weber, McCormick, Parrish, Mancari, Byron, Butler, Ellis, Gerbe, Persson, Sekera, Kassian, Ennis, Adam, Schiestel, Enroth, Leggio.

All others are the regulars or sent back to Juniors or AHL.

Lindy said he would carry them so all could get looks and not wear down too much. They have had 5 games in 7 days.

Weber, McCormick, Parrish, Mancari, Byron, Butler, Ellis, Gerbe, Persson, Sekera, Kassian, Ennis, Adam, Schiestel, Enroth, Leggio.

All others are the regulars or sent back to Juniors or AHL.

Lindy said he would carry them so all could get looks and not wear down too much. They have had 5 games in 7 days.

And I'd imagine that Gragnani is technically on that list as well.

Keep an eye on TJ Brennan. He seems to be climbing the depth chart pretty quickly. He looked pretty solid in the game against the sens.

Yeah read the article and really liked the tough love coaching part from Dineen, TJ's from the Mt Laurel NJ area so it will be a home town game for him, hope he does well.

I have to admit watching those kids last couple of games on NHL network has got me a little excited about some of the prospects in the pipeline. Luke Adam was a horse last night and looked pretty solid out their at center. Shistel also has a nice shot and moves pretty well on skates for his size, meh on the D part but still plenty of room to grow. Gerbe looks like he can make some nice moves in tight spaces. Kassian looks like they better not wait to last minute to sign him and definitely do not use a fax machine. Then theirs still schultz, Mcnabb, Foligno, and so on. defintely some solid players that might be able to make the jump down the road.

Nice way to start to getting pumped for the season..

I have to admit watching those kids last couple of games on NHL network has got me a little excited about some of the prospects in the pipeline. Luke Adam was a horse last night and looked pretty solid out their at center.

He's got Dave Andreychuk's reach, doesn't he?

But also skates a bit like him too.

Looks like Connolly is going to be out for a while as he was limping off the ice. Was hard to tell what happened to him on the internet feed, but I hope it's a knee and not a head issue. He seemed woozy, but maybe he was just trying unbalanced with an injured knee?

Edit: So much for my opinion - he's back on the ice. I can't believe it.

Looks like Connolly is going to be out for a while as he was limping off the ice. Was hard to tell what happened to him on the internet feed, but I hope it's a knee and not a head issue. He seemed woozy, but maybe he was just trying unbalanced with an injured knee?

That looked like a caught skate, and a hyper-extended knee. Freaky.

Pretty even first. I like how buffalo is playing. Stafford looked pretty good out there until that lazy hooking penalty at the end. Makes me wonder if they'll ever be able roll the rock(head) out of the boy.

Stafford just strikes me as that guy who has loads of natural talent but doesn't really love hockey enough to care. He gets by on the bare minimum effort and eventually will play himself out of a job. And he'll never look back.

Stafford just strikes me as that guy who has loads of natural talent but doesn't really love hockey enough to care. He gets by on the bare minimum effort and eventually will play himself out of a job. And he'll never look back.

When it comes to Stafford, I just can't help but to remember the fire he had inside when he kept getting called up from Rochester. He had something to prove and was extremely motivated. Who knows, he may be one of those type of hockey players that always needs to be playing alongside an all-star to accomplish anything. Not so much a trailblazer/leader as an accomplice.

Please tell me that you're not just noticing this for the first time.

Archived