Jay Mckee

gregkash

Should the Sabres pursue Jay Mckee  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Sabres Sign Jay Mckee?

Please assume in the poll that he will be signed for a very low price if not the veteran minimum. Basically it's asking if having another veteran presence on the blue line would solidify it more.

I for one feel much more comfortable with McKee than both Sekera and Weber. But I also acknowledge we'd probably have to deal one of the two.

Why not. I saw him last spring in Pittsburgh and he still looked pretty good. He's getting up there and he's been injured a lot but giving him a shot couldn't hurt. Personally I'd rather have him in there than Butler who imo has regressed. maybe it would serve as a good motivator. Of course with DR and LQ buying out Kennedy over 200k, i doubt anything like this will veer happen.

Has Darcy Regier learned nothing from 2005-06?

He watched his team run out of NHL-calibre defensemen as the playoffs progressed. His decision to stand pat during the trade deadline frenzy cost the Sabres a Stanley Cup championship. It's all the more frustrating knowing - as Regier knew - that it would have cost relatively little to pick up a journeyman defenseman or two for the final few weeks.

Now what do we see? Darcy adding depth up front. Instead of picking up a journeyman defenseman or two - to play in the AHL until needed in the spring - he brings in Colin Stuart, a winger with some size who rarely uses it, and little offensive ability.

The question should be Sekera for 65-80 games or McKee for 35-45 games.

Exactly, Mckee cant stay healthy, he's actually been missed more games in the last two season than COnnolly if memory serves correctly.

He's also old and way too slow with injuries aside. Have to say letting him go was a good move.

I may never forgive him for not taking care of that cut in playoffs that became infected. Enjoy reitirement jay.

All i know is that the goalie is paid to block shot and while i think it takes alot of heart and soul to do it as a defensemen in the NHL it makes me angry when people glorify the stat. I remember Jay Mckee blocking two shots into our own net in the playoffs that year and i hated it. On top of that he goes down because of it leaves us shorthanded on the blueline and we lose. I think Jay was a great defenseman but his time has passed and it was one of Darcys best moves to let him go that year, he was severely overrated and over paid.

Archived