Sabres sign Tim Conboy

Two or less

I woke up this morning and my wife said the Sabres actually signed someone. She said it was "Tim Con-something." My heart dropped because I thought they finally announced the Tim Connolly extension. How relieved I was to find out it was some scrub who will never see a regular season game in a Buffalo Sabres uniform.

http://mainehockeyjournal.com/2010/07/16/conboy-joins-the-sabres-organization/

You probably know him for the big fight he had while playing for Albany vs. Portland at HSBC Arena 2 seasons ago when him and Gerbe went at it.

Due to the possible bad blood, is this the indicator that Gerbe is up with the big club without question now?

I woke up this morning and my wife said the Sabres actually signed someone. She said it was "Tim Con-something." My heart dropped because I thought they finally announced the Tim Connolly extension. How relieved I was to find out it was some scrub who will never see a regular season game in a Buffalo Sabres uniform.

please don't read the free agent frenzy thread :bag:

THey already announced the signing of McCormick

THey already announced the signing of McCormick

What is it about a one-way contract you don't understand? Cody will be up with the big club unless something extraordinary happens. I for one am happy about that as I like his game.

What is it about a one-way contract you don't understand? Cody will be up with the big club unless something extraordinary happens. I for one am happy about that as I like his game.

Im not sure what youre getting at, and im pretty sure I understand the contract situation a little better than you.

One way contract means a player receives the same compensation if he is sent down to the minors. Waivers is determined by games played etc and is not determined by contract status.

what is it you dont get?

Im not sure what youre getting at, and im pretty sure I understand the contract situation a little better than you.

One way contract means a player receives the same compensation if he is sent down to the minors. Waivers is determined by games played etc and is not determined by contract status.

what is it you dont get?

Just in case this turns into one of those endless pointless arguements I think think the genereal point is that Cody is to be seen as a Sabres player, not a Portland part timer. Whatever his contract means.

:)

Just in case this turns into one of those endless pointless arguements I think think the genereal point is that Cody is to be seen as a Sabres player, not a Portland part timer. Whatever his contract means.

:)

Haha sounds good to me. My original post was meant to say whoopee we have another scrub. Mccormick is no big signing, neither is this goon.

Haha sounds good to me. My original post was meant to say whoopee we have another scrub. Mccormick is no big signing, neither is this goon.

agreed, while I dont play down that addition of depth isn't bad it's not exactly the top 6 forward (preferably top 2 center) we need. I doubt thats coming at all if I'm honest.

Every team needs to and has been signing bodies for their AHL squads too. That's all this is. Maybe people got their hopes up since it got it's own thread, but this is nothing to tear Darcy apart for. Just look at the last signing mentioned in the pinned free agent thread. Static posted about Detroit signing some guy who no one has ever heard of. So Darcy's not the only one signing AHL players right now.

Conboy? My quick scan of the page made me think I read Connelly was signed and sent to Portland.

PTR

That's one slight mistake in the first post. While he was obviously signed for Portland, he can't actually be assigned there already. He'll be at camp as fodder and then will be waived and sent to Portland quickly.

Every team needs to and has been signing bodies for their AHL squads too. That's all this is. Maybe people got their hopes up since it got it's own thread, but this is nothing to tear Darcy apart for. Just look at the last signing mentioned in the pinned free agent thread. Static posted about Detroit signing some guy who no one has ever heard of. So Darcy's not the only one signing AHL players right now.

That's one slight mistake in the first post. While he was obviously signed for Portland, he can't actually be assigned there already. He'll be at camp as fodder and then will be waived and sent to Portland quickly.

ALl for it. Portland needs bodies and this team just might too just like end of last year.

Archived