Sabres sign Tim Conboy

Two or less

At least he left it all on the ice. I'm not sure the same can be said for all the Sabres players.

I agree and that was good to see. I'm not saying he won't be good because I really don't know. I'm just not sure of a player like him really having any impact. I know others have been clamoring for a Chris Neil like player, but what has he really done for Ottawa. I think the days of the fourth line player "opening up ice" for the first liners is long gone. Everyone needs to be good and tough.

I agree and that was good to see. I'm not saying he won't be good because I really don't know. I'm just not sure of a player like him really having any impact. I know others have been clamoring for a Chris Neil like player, but what has he really done for Ottawa. I think the days of the fourth line player "opening up ice" for the first liners is long gone. Everyone needs to be good and tough.

Yeah, you need players like Lucic, and hopefully Kassian, who can play with skill guys. Players don't look over their shoulders at who is on the bench because they might get beat up. The NHL have officiated that out of the game, unfotunately.

What makes you say that?

Well, essentially they're interchangeable, it's not really that I think one is a lot better than the other. I just think Ellis gave his all over the last year and half or so that he played with the big club and was just as physical if not more-so than McCormick in the playoffs (before being injured). He sat in the press box from time to time and never complained -- which was enough to earn Lalime a contract. :lol: But no, I thought Ellis was one of the hardest working players on the team and a perfect fourth line player. I see no reason to replace him unless McCormick really is that big of an improvement, or was that much cheaper. I have a hard time believing Ellis demanded a big contract, but I'll admit other than the few playoffs games he played in, I haven't seen much of McCormick's game.

Well, essentially they're interchangeable, it's not really that I think one is a lot better than the other. I just think Ellis gave his all over the last year and half or so that he played with the big club and was just as physical if not more-so than McCormick in the playoffs (before being injured). He sat in the press box from time to time and never complained -- which was enough to earn Lalime a contract. :lol: But no, I thought Ellis was one of the hardest working players on the team and a perfect fourth line player. I see no reason to replace him unless McCormick really is that big of an improvement, or was that much cheaper. I have a hard time believing Ellis demanded a big contract, but I'll admit other than the few playoffs games he played in, I haven't seen much of McCormick's game.

I'm not certain McCormick is any better but he's WAY more physical than Ellis. Ellis is a nice play but he's the kind of player you don't notice, while I think Cody's presence is felt a little more.

Allie McGraw is hot, one of those teenage boy fantasies as a kid... sigh.

Ya, the old schoolers taught us well. Too bad we didn't pass it down to the newer generations.......sigh.

shrader won't like to hear this, but the greatest generation and my parents (the early boomers) were one of a kind folks.

Balls to the wall, get'er done, don't hold back and victory at all costs mentality.

And the movie Convoy personifies that like the old John Wayne westerns and old school films.

God, sometimes, when I reflect back, this great nations golden years were truly grand, and with more than just a touch of integrity, honesty, roughneck, gentlemans behavior and class all rolled into one.

I'll never forget my grandfathers last words to me on his deathbed up at the VA, "never change who you are, never lower your standards for another, do the right thing always and carry yourself with pride and honor".

This movie just reminds me so much of a by-gone era that as I reflect on, I want back badly.

I woke up this morning and my wife said the Sabres actually signed someone. She said it was "Tim Con-something." My heart dropped because I thought they finally announced the Tim Connolly extension. How relieved I was to find out it was some scrub who will never see a regular season game in a Buffalo Sabres uniform.

I wouldn't get my hopes up over that. If need be, he may get called up.

That doesn't really answer the Gerbe question but interesting none the less,... I guess.

The neidermeyer signing is probably a better sign as to where our little mighty might will be playing. I can't see Gerbe cracking the lineup as it's currently constituted.

Archived