interesting Sabres jersey

nfreeman

OK, this is my first jersey-related thread. Normally I don't participate much in jersey discussions, but I need to distract myself from my mounting despair over the Sabres' offseason inactivity.

if you read Puck Daddy, you've already seen this. I just saw it and I have to say I think it's pretty cool. I wouldn't mind seeing it as an alternate home jersey.

Thoughts?

EDIT: for some reason, the photo doesn't show up once I post the thread, but it does show up in the "compose" box. Anyway, here is the link: check it out.

ept_sports_nhl_experts-472291466-1278657665.jpg?ymBiFbDDihNytETv

not a fan.

as someone who's had "gold" as part of his high school and college colors, i know that it presents a challenge when creating a uniform, etc.

do you go with the bright yellow as representatively gold?

post-760-12786977964711_thumb.jpg

do you go with something a little more orange-y (as this creator did) in order to get closer to the color that gold actually is?

post-760-12786976483297_thumb.jpg

or do you go full-out and actually get something that is more truly "golden" in color?

post-760-12786978897855_thumb.jpg

when you talk about the sabres, our "blue and gold" is, i think, more of that second variety -- sorta orange. but when you splash that color all over as a jersey's field, the results are not so nice.

not a fan.

as someone who's had "gold" as part of his high school and college colors, i know that it presents a challenge when creating a uniform, etc.

do you go with something a little more orange-y (as this creator did) in order to get closer to the color that gold actually is?

or do you go full-out and actually get something that is more truly "golden" in color?

when you talk about the sabres, our "blue and gold" is, i think, more of that second variety -- sorta orange. but when you splash that color all over as a jersey's field, the results are not so nice.

Although these days, pro teams usually have "custom" names for their uniform colors, this orangey-yellow color used to be called "yellow gold" and the other gold (like the N.O.Saints unis) was called "true gold" or "old gold".

Yeah, I have never been a fan of yellow/gold as the base color for a jersey. I never liked the original L.A. Kings gold home jerseys and I don't like the Bruins gold jerseys now. I would pass on this one.....:thumbdown:

not a fan.

post-760-12786977964711_thumb.jpg

post-760-12786976483297_thumb.jpg

post-760-12786978897855_thumb.jpg

I think I'll forgo the Quarter Pounder with Cheese.

BTW, with regard to freeman's link, the "WIRTZLESS" jersey was hilarious!!! More than likely, it was in reference to Bill, not Rocky.

Well, they got the logo right. Other than that, God AWFUL. :thumbdown:

Which means that Quinn, no doubt, thinks it's the best jersey design he's ever seen. But, hey, if we all hate the new uni's at least we'll be distracted from another summer of "Status Quo is Buff-A-Lo"...

Well, they got the logo right. Other than that, God AWFUL. :thumbdown:

Which means that Quinn, no doubt, thinks it's the best jersey design he's ever seen. But, hey, if we all hate the new uni's at least we'll be distracted from another summer of "Status Quo is Buff-A-Lo"...

Who can forget the Nashville Predators 3rd jersey from a few years ago? Looked like bird poo.

• 2 weeks later...

If we will not change the team, let's at least get the creative design guy in Vancouver to do our 40th anniversary jersey. This is by far and away my favorite uniform ever.....

http://www.icethetics.info/

Isn't it identical to their 05/06 jerseys besides the 40th anniversary patch? Could be wrong, I just could have sworn I remember playing with those jerseys in NHL 2006/7/8 from time to time.

Isn't it identical to their 05/06 jerseys besides the 40th anniversary patch? Could be wrong, I just could have sworn I remember playing with those jerseys in NHL 2006/7/8 from time to time.

If not the same, pretty close.Just goes to show, if it ain't broke......

Not that we all weren't expecting this anyway, but the Sabres "third" jersey from last season is now being displayed on shop.nhl.com as the "Authentic Home Jersey". (Of course, they are also still listing it as the official "Third Jersey"). Waiting for the away white version to "accidentally" show up on the site....

Here is the link: Home Jersey

Not that we all weren't expecting this anyway, but the Sabres "third" jersey from last season is now being displayed on shop.nhl.com as the "Authentic Home Jersey". (Of course, they are also still listing it as the official "Third Jersey"). Waiting for the away white version to "accidentally" show up on the site....

Here is the link: Home Jersey

Doesn't that jersey look like it's made for a female body? I wonder if these new uniforms are being designed for the Sabres based upon their play in the playoffs... looked like the USA Women Olympic team out there to me. :thumbsup:

Doesn't that jersey look like it's made for a female body? I wonder if these new uniforms are being designed for the Sabres based upon their play in the playoffs... looked like the USA Women Olympic team out there to me. :thumbsup:

These are the new (well, new a couple of seasons back) Reebok "Edge" jerseys. More form fitting and made with high-tech fabric to wick moisture, etc., etc. Notice that the bottom hem of the jersey is not squared off, but rounded so that when players spin, the bottom of the jersey flares out like a tu-tu. Well, I guess they WERE made based on the Sabres play on the playoffs.....:lol:

Archived