[OT] LeBron is a POS

inkman

i think he's a piece of ###### for turning free agency into a self-centered circus, not so much just for leaving cleveland. it's a business. athletes want to win. no different than briere and drury leaving Buffalo (except that he was a home-grown cleveland product).

I'm sorry but to tear the hearts out of millions of his fans in Cleveland is bush league.

What exactly is he going to prove on a team of all-stars in Miami. ###### you LeBron.

Tiger Woods is happy that he is no longer the biggest douche-bag in professional sports.

He won't win a thing in Miami. They have no money left for big men or a bench.

I don't know who Lebron's home owner insurance is with, if they were smart they would cancel the policy asap.

i think he's a piece of ###### for turning free agency into a self-centered circus, not so much just for leaving cleveland. it's a business. athletes want to win. no different than briere and drury leaving Buffalo (except that he was a home-grown cleveland product).

Actually it is, Drury was the only one Buffalo tried to re-sign. Clevland tried desperatly to re-sign Lebron, he just decided to take the easy route to a team buying championships. I'm sure this isn't going to help every other team in the NBA sell tickets since its pretty obvious that the Heat are going to most likely win it all. Why would a Nets, Raptors, Bucks, Thunder, Hornets, etc fans spend any money to watch their teams now.

As for Lebron, I have no problem with him leaving, sports are a buisness, but I doubt Cavs fans don't feel like he just took a giant dump on them. The NBA just became a bigger joke by letting this super team get built. Atleast in the day, the players like Jordan, Bird, Johnson, etc were loyal and didn't need "super teams" of all stars to win, they were good enough to lead teams to championships

Tiger Woods is happy that he is no longer the biggest douche-bag in professional sports.

He won't win a thing in Miami. They have no money left for big men or a bench.

I don't know who Lebron's home owner insurance is with, if they were smart they would cancel the policy asap.

I really don't think he gets it. Stating he may still liv in Akron? Only in a cofffin. I don't care if he does win a ring, he'll regret this short sighted moment soon enough.

Actually it is, Drury was the only one Buffalo tried to re-sign. Clevland tried desperatly to re-sign Lebron, he just decided to take the easy route to a team buying championships. I'm sure this isn't going to help every other team in the NBA sell tickets since its pretty obvious that the Heat are going to most likely win it all. Why would a Nets, Raptors, Bucks, Thunder, Hornets, etc fans spend any money to watch their teams now.

As for Lebron, I have no problem with him leaving, sports are a buisness, but I doubt Cavs fans don't feel like he just took a giant dump on them. The NBA just became a bigger joke by letting this super team get built. Atleast in the day, the players like Jordan, Bird, Johnson, etc were loyal and didn't need "super teams" of all stars to win, they were good enough to lead teams to championships

i obviously meant in terms of breaking the fans hearts. way to take everything anybody on the internet says 100% literal.

All I know is that O'Neal is now the best free agent left. Darcy, get it done. Imagine him in front of Tim Thomas--he'd be immovable. Vanek could score all day with that type of screen. I'll bet O'Neal could learn to skate in three months, and probably can throw a punch, too. But Quinn never will let it happen.

I have no use for the NBA. But as a sports fan, I was certainly aware of the sweepstakes. He clearly wasn't going to win a championship in Cleveland. You have got to feel for those Cleveland fans though. They've been done dirty.

LeBron Kovalchuk? I'm getting kind of sick of that side show, too.

If he cared at all about the people in Cleveland, he wouldn't have ripped their hearts out on national television. He should have done it on day one of FA with an announcement like all other UFA's. This was all about him.

No way this guy can ever live in Ohio again. It will be tough enough for him to play there twice a year.

As a Buffalo fan used to this kind of thing, I feel for Cleveland.

All I know is that O'Neal is now the best free agent left. Darcy, get it done. Imagine him in front of Tim Thomas--he'd be immovable. Vanek could score all day with that type of screen. I'll bet O'Neal could learn to skate in three months, and probably can throw a punch, too. But Quinn never will let it happen.

Tatum, or Ryan?

Small market cold city teams will never win a championship, In any sport. Lets get real folks.

Pittsburgh is about the same size as Cleveland. They seem to win things there once in a while.

Then there's Green Bay, Wisconsin. A booming, warm, global city.

So he should have stayed in Cleveland and ran the very likely risk of never winning a Championship all for the sake of Clevelanders??

Not sure I get this argument.

He took 30 million less to go somewhere he has a legit chance at winning a ring. Say what you want about Today's Heat roster, but don't forget that Pat Riley is running the show and regular Season tip off isn't until November. They'll certainly contend.

Oh and FYI... The proceeds to this whole "circus" are being donated to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, it wasn't a "look at me" move.

I love how some people can't relate to the business side of sports. This is a career move, not a "kiss my *ss" to Cleveland.

If and that a big if, he wins it in Miami it will be a cheapened basterdized version of a championship. This is isn't Shaq glomming on d Wade to win a ring, this is a once in a generation athlete, conceding he can't do it without a boat load of help.

If and that a big if, he wins it in Miami it will be a cheapened basterdized version of a championship. This is isn't Shaq glomming on d Wade to win a ring, this is a once in a generation athlete, conceding he can't do it without a boat load of help.

You are exactly right Ink, about the whole thing. I watched the playoffs...Lebron sucked wind at the end and couldn't get it done, like he had promised he would. Shouldn't make promises like that. Now there is nothing but bitterness and anger here. He put guards on his house earlier tonight, before the presser. This ranks right up there with what Modell did. Bad $hit...for the city, for the fans...I grew up in BUFFALO and moved to CLEVELAND and I can't believe I love the teams in both cities and my fate is sealed...to be an anguished sports fan for the rest of my life :(

Effing Quinn.

He clearly wasn't going to win a championship in Cleveland. You have got to feel for those Cleveland fans though. They've been done dirty.

+1

So he should have stayed in Cleveland and ran the very likely risk of never winning a Championship all for the sake of Clevelanders??

Not sure I get this argument.

He took 30 million less to go somewhere he has a legit chance at winning a ring. Say what you want about Today's Heat roster, but don't forget that Pat Riley is running the show and regular Season tip off isn't until November. They'll certainly contend.

Oh and FYI... The proceeds to this whole "circus" are being donated to the Boys and Girls Clubs of America, it wasn't a "look at me" move.

I love how some people can't relate to the business side of sports. This is a career move, not a "kiss my *ss" to Cleveland.

I agree with most of this.

Well, Jordan couldn't either until Pippen and Grant (and then Rodman) turned into stars. Cleveland has had 7 years to get that level of talent to complement LeBron and never came close.

Archived