Zherdev wants to come back to the NHL

Bullwinkle

That's the scuttlebutt. Rumor is that team is Boston, but how can they do it without fixing their cap problem? AND he's a RW - something w sorely need.

Darcy? Darcy??? Are you there?

What am I thinking? If he didn't want Kulikov, why would he be interested in Zherdev?

What am I thinking? If he didn't want Kulikov, why would he be interested in Zherdev?

Are you able to hide your Euro-rection with your Afinogenov jersey? I haven't seen this kind of man love since the whole Drury Briere departure.

Buffalo is one of 2 teams speaking with Zherdev's agent.

From Puck Daddy contributor Dmitri Chesnokov's twitter:

Quote:

KHL's Atlant's website, where Zherdev played last year, has information that Zherdev is negotiating with the #Leafs and the #Sabres. hour in a half ago via web

http://twitter.com/dchesnokov

Buffalo is one of 2 teams speaking with Zherdev's agent.

From Puck Daddy contributor Dmitri Chesnokov's twitter:

Quote:

KHL's Atlant's website, where Zherdev played last year, has information that Zherdev is negotiating with the #Leafs and the #Sabres. hour in a half ago via web

http://twitter.com/dchesnokov

Depending on the price not a bad move. He is a younger Frolov. Has size, doesn't use it as much as you would like. Could help the power play. Will cause a great deal of frustration at times. Not sure if a move like this would be consider a impact move.

That's the scuttlebutt. Rumor is that team is Boston, but how can they do it without fixing their cap problem? AND he's a RW - something w sorely need.

Darcy? Darcy??? Are you there?

Good catch Bullwinkel. Here's another article that supports your claim: http://www.dobberhockey.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2939:offseason-musings-part-i&catid=14:jeff-angus&Itemid=102

Also, I wouldn't mind parting with two #1s and a #2 for Bobby Ryan of the Ducks, as discussed in the above article.

In his last NHL season:

Final 6 regular season games: 0G, 1A, -2

First round 7 playoff games: 0G, 0A, -4

For Columbus, the year before, he had 1G, 2A, -5 in the last 10 games when they were in the hunt for that final spot. I wouldn't make a conclusion based on such a small sample, but certainly looks like the type of disappearing act down the stretch act that so many complain about here already. Tack on the "Russian factor" and I don't seeing happening.

Was just about to post that myself.

" There have also been reports that he is in negotiations with the Buffalo Sabres.

According to Atlant's Russian website, Zherdev is looking for a multi-year deal worth a reported $4 million per season."

If there was any logic to the NHL and these reports then you expect him to be headed to the Sabres now. So that probably means he will end up in LA.

He's had some good years and some bad ones, looking at his stats. If he's really a floater (I'll confess that I don't remember this guy all that well), should the team be paying the $4M/per that he's asking?

Zherdev

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8470597

Stafford

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8471226

I would sign Zherdev to a 4 year 3.5 million dollar contract. That wouldn't an issue. He is a RWer and actually has noticably better numbers than Stafford except his plus minus, but I think that would change playing for Buffalo.

He is an offensive player at Right Wing, which would fill one of the Sabres need IMO.

I would sign Zherdev to a 4 year 3.5 million dollar contract. That wouldn't an issue. He is a RWer and actually has noticably better numbers than Stafford except his plus minus, but I think that would change playing for Buffalo.

He is an offensive player at Right Wing, which would fill one of the Sabres need IMO.

your righthat would change his plus/minus would level out and his point production would drop

If Stafford represents a player with decent size that doesn't use it nearly enough? You would be correct. Overall, Zherdev is more talented than Stafford.

I guess but this guy is just more of what the Sabres have too much of, indifferent players. Signing this chump would be a bad, bad move.

your righthat would change his plus/minus would level out and his point production would drop

Pure speculation on your part, but then again, so was my comment about him filling a need for the Sabres.

I don't think his production would drop, I think he would benefit +/- wise while playing with Roy and Vanek. I also firmly believe both of those players production numbers would see a bump upwards playing with Zherdev.

Like I said, I have no problem giving him a contract, as long as there is no NMC/NTC with it.

honestly any move darcy makes for a player that has obvious upside is good by me so i wouldnt shun this move. I still dont think a new RW for for Roy and Vanek is the answer I think a C for Vanek and whatever wing we want to see excel is. Vanek and Pommers with a real number one center could compete with any top line in the NHL. But if Darcy can get a winger i would rather see Ryan brought in. I think with ROy and Vanek and someone that can throw the body in the corners is the only way that line can work now. I loved when Roy Vanek and Max used to skate around everyone but that doesnt happen anymore the defensemen and faster and smarter.

Are you able to hide your Euro-rection with your Afinogenov jersey? I haven't seen this kind of man love since the whole Drury Briere departure.

It's not like I thought Kulikov was the best player in the draft. It's just that we could have had a blue chipper and settled for a thug. That is what rankles me still...along with Darcy letting Montreal get the jump on Tinordi this year.

It's not like I thought Kulikov was the best player in the draft. It's just that we could have had a blue chipper and settled for a thug. That is what rankles me still...along with Darcy letting Montreal get the jump on Tinordi this year.

Tinordi is closer to being a Kassian type player than a Kulikov.

Archived