2011 NHL Draft

deluca67

Fire Darcy Now! He got outmaneuvered and then didn't have the cahoonahs to either trade down and get picks or do something else creative....

Where is a bucket of sand so I can stick my head into it.

Interesting you're giving Darcy such a hard time when your argument of "outmaneuvered and cahoonahs" is based entirely on speculation and he ended up with a concensus higher rated player.

I think DR was more pissed they didn't get Sheahan than Tonardi.

Montreal gave up a first and second to move up 5 spots. Sabres don't have any seconds. They would've most likely given up their first and two or three thirds to move up, leaving them a first and one third, I'll pass.

I think DR was more pissed they didn't get Sheahan than Tonardi.

Montreal gave up a first and second to move up 5 spots. Sabres don't have any seconds. They would've most likely given up their first and two or three thirds to move up, leaving them a first and one third, I'll pass.

I'd take that deal.

People are getting mad at the NHL draft, the biggest crapshoot this side of dice?

Agreed ink, on the crapshoot comment.

I am in no way angry at who the Sabres took. Look, they found Ennis in the mid 20's pick as well.

I am merely very dissappointed that Darcy did not make a move for some help now through a trade. But, as others have pointed out and rightfully so, I don't know that he wasn't working the phones to make something happen.

This isn't a Zagapan, or what ever his name is, pick. If you want to complain about the Sabres having to execute the pick that is another story. Having this kid in the organization won;t be a waste. Just from reading up on this kid tonight I thinking Mike Ramsey and Bill Hajt type of defenseman. No hype or flash. Just steady and calm. The type of defenseman you will never see clearing a puck from his own end after a mad scramble in his own end because they just don't happen when he is on the ice. If he turns out to be that type of player in the NHL he can be every bit as valuable as a Tyler Myers.

This pick is certainly NOT like Bill Hajt. Hajt couldn't skate at all and this kid can skate. No comparison there at all as their styles are completely different.

They clearly wanted to draft Riley Sheahan, but Detroit snagged him. The Sabres are desperately small and weak at center. This gaping hole needs to be filled somehow.

I still am steamed about Regier's misuse of the "rental" player every year. They keep giving up quality picks for useless, unproductive rental players.

Look back at Regier's rental trades and you will see a dismal record of failure. You can also see that he has numerous 1st round flops. Fortunately Myers wasn't one of them, but there are way more failures than successes during his tenure.

Anybody else like what the Bruins accomplished? Acquiring Nathan Horton and drafting Tyler Seguin. Not too shabby in my book.

This pick is certainly NOT like Bill Hajt. Hajt couldn't skate at all and this kid can skate. No comparison there at all as their styles are completely different.

They clearly wanted to draft Riley Sheahan, but Detroit snagged him. The Sabres are desperately small and weak at center. This gaping hole needs to be filled somehow.

I still am steamed about Regier's misuse of the "rental" player every year. They keep giving up quality picks for useless, unproductive rental players.

Look back at Regier's rental trades and you will see a dismal record of failure. You can also see that he has numerous 1st round flops. Fortunately Myers wasn't one of them, but there are way more failures than successes during his tenure.

Anybody else like what the Bruins accomplished? Acquiring Nathan Horton and drafting Tyler Seguin. Not too shabby in my book.

I actually liked Zubrus and felt we should have kept him a few years back. But then again, we never keep any of the rentals...of course none have been as bad as Torres.

Round 2 is about to start. Will we trade a couple of third-round picks to move up?

No movement from the Sabres as of yet.

Question, is the second day televised or on a web link?

Anyone have the link if its on the web only?

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/6100

25G and 31A in 72GP, plus 101 PIM.

Reading the HF Boards, he has the potential to be the first "impact" NHL player with an East Indian background. That's sorta cool just a couple months after the Bills drafted Wang hoping he'll be the first Chinese-American NFL player.

For some reason, no one is updating the draft anymore. NHL.com, tsn.ca, they've all stopped at the same pick in the 4th even though the 5th has already started.

Oh, and the Devils drafted a guy named Faust. I can't wait until they sign him. Those headlines will get a few laughs.

Archived