2011 NHL Draft

deluca67

Ah, yes. Seriously. Answer me this, How in the ###### could a pick at 23 as a defenseman help the Sabres in the next 2 seasons?

Right, just what I thought, HE CAN'T!!!!!!!!!

Why not trade for some O talent, namely a 3rd line Center currently on a roster and throw in a 3rd rd pick or 2 to secure that deal.

All this tells me is Darcy (As F##King usual) has no interest in a run for LORD STANLEYS CUP, but is more interested in building for THE FUTURE.

SAME DANCE, DIFFERENT DAY!

It's June 25th and we're crapping all over the entire offseason already. It's beyond ridiculous.

Ah, yes. Seriously. Answer me this, How in the ###### could a pick at 23 as a defenseman help the Sabres in the next 2 seasons?

Right, just what I thought, HE CAN'T!!!!!!!!!

Why not trade for some O talent, namely a 3rd line Center currently on a roster and throw in a 3rd rd pick or 2 to secure that deal.

All this tells me is Darcy (As F##King usual) has no interest in a run for LORD STANLEYS CUP, but is more interested in building for THE FUTURE.

SAME DANCE, DIFFERENT DAY!

If you are saying they should traded the pick then I am right there with you. As far as having to make a pick, the kid is a good choice. The Sabres being strong defensively has already been proven to be a myth. They need to bring defensemen in or bring in a coach that can develop them.

If you are saying they should traded the pick then I am right there with you. As far as having to make a pick, the kid is a good choice. The Sabres being strong defensively has already been proven to be a myth. They need to bring defensemen in or bring in a coach that can develop them.

And how exactly was that proven?

This!!!

All day long. Miller is in his prime. He is not the best goalie ever, but he can perform. Offensive consistency is needed at line RWer, line 3 Center and as we all already know, PPQB.

Why in the world would you not use this slot to contribute to bring one of those three pieces in? DARCY REGIER at his finest.

I really have no use for those that defend him anymore, after 12 seasons going on 13, the proof is there for all to see.

It's June 25th and we're crapping all over the entire offseason already. It's beyond ridiculous.

What is "beyond ridiculous" is complaining about posters reaction the beginning of a off-season that has a eerily familiar feel to it's beginning as have the many failed off-seasons fans have had to endure under Regier. I know many like yourself will be dry humping the 2010 Division Banner. Hold onto it tight because if Regier doesn't break form we will all be hoping that Miller can carry this team by himself to that level again.

Interesting that Pitlick was picked, TSN had these guys, Several players who expected to hear their names called in the first round will be forced to comeback on Saturday to realize the beginning of their NHL dreams. Those passed over include Sudbury's John McFarland, Red Deer defenceman Alex Petrovic and Seattle Thunderbirds' netminder Calvin Pickard. Merrill with a personality disorder fell out of the 1st.

Anyone else of interest?

You get a guy in the mid-20s who ends up having many years in the NHL, that's a good pick. Whether Tinordi was the guy or not, Etem wasn't even on their radar. Plus he's right handed...if he ends up being a decent 2nd pairing D-man, it's a great pick.

Exactly. Sabres have nobody in their system that can play RHD besides a few guys who probably nobody on this board thinks will even make it.... Biega and Adams are two. The Sabres did ok with this pick. I like it. They aimed for the stars with this one i think, his potential is very high. He's also a safe pick. Many are comparing him to a Brian Campbell but few people have already said he's a much better defender.

Exactly. Sabres have nobody in their system that can play RHD besides a few guys who probably nobody on this board thinks will even make it.... Biega and Adams are two. The Sabres did ok with this pick. I like it. They aimed for the stars with this one i think, his potential is very high. He's also a safe pick. Many are comparing him to a Brian Campbell but few people have already said he's a much better defender.

I noticed that Campbell comparison and it didn't match the description they gave for him at all. Campbell was nothing but offensive upside and nothing about him cried out "safe defenseman".

By clear statistical evidence you chose to ignore. No need to go back into that. I've taken on a less arduous task, I trying to convince Pat Robertson that dinosaurs exist.

Those stats that show the league leaders being the likes of the Islanders and the Panthers etc.

I've let you hang yourself enough with those stats, I was going to make an entire thread about this but I'm feeling edgy.

Do you know why those stats are all listed under real time?

This!!!

All day long. Miller is in his prime. He is not the best goalie ever, but he can perform. Offensive consistency is needed at line RWer, line 3 Center and as we all already know, PPQB.

Why in the world would you not use this slot to contribute to bring one of those three pieces in? DARCY REGIER at his finest.

I really have no use for those that defend him anymore, after 12 seasons going on 13, the proof is there for all to see.

If you had a chance to read my posts all season long you would I was beating this drum all season. A all-time great goaltender performance was wasted by this GM's inability to do his job. I like Miller. I hope he is healthy all year and can play at that same level. If not this team drops back down to 10th or worse.

Good summary of Pysyk:

Strengths: Tremendous first pass ability. Good (but a bit overrated) skater. Good hands

Weaknesses: Soft. Lacks natural instincts. Plays with no passion or intensity.

--

I can see why some like this guy - his skating and puck moving are first round ingredients. But I just can't get over the soft play and inability to put the package of skills to productive use.

Quick feet, good agility, and good pivots. Stride looks a little short at times, however. Very good overall skater, but nowhere near the elite level some describe him as.

His first pass ability is fantastic, as he has a seriously good knack for making a nice breakout pass. But everything else he does with the puck leaves me scratching my head. Does not seem to make real good decisions inside the offensive zone. I see good hands and puck handling skill, but it just never seems to amount to much of anything offensively.

Defensively I don't much care for his game. His skating allows him to position well, but he just doesn't seem to have a lot of interest in the game from his own end. Does not win many physical battles and almost never initiates contact. Just seems to be going through the motions out there - and that's always a major concern for me.

At least he has a good ability to move the puck up the ice...But the lack of intensity and softness makes me think of...KALININ :bag:

Those stats that show the league leaders being the likes of the Islanders and the Panthers etc.

I've let you hang yourself enough with those stats, I was going to make an entire thread about this but I'm feeling edgy.

Do you know why those stats are all listed under real time?

Here we go again. If you want break down each individual stat go ahead. You do so to deflect from the pattern that is clearly there. I know you see it. I don't care who the leader is in each category, it's doesn't change the pattern. It's doesn't go against my point.

And son, like Regier you don't know how to get "edgy."

So, another of Marcy's wasted first rounder... Hopefully, he and his videos can make up for in the later rounds... He has enough of these picks.

Right! :pirate:

I am SSSSOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to those three third round picks, they's going to be the future of this franchise Boss, I's promise! :blink: :angry:

Here we go again. If you want break down each individual stat go ahead. You do so to deflect from the pattern that is clearly there. I know you see it. I don't care who the leader is in each category, it's doesn't change the pattern. It's doesn't go against my point.

And son, like Regier you don't know how to get "edgy."

Don't want to answer the question? You have shown no correlation with stats you think are important and you don't even know why the stats aren't listed with other "official" stats. Big tough guy trying to patronize me.

I'm disappointed. For a time I thought you were a worthy foe.

The Sabres being strong defensively has already been proven to be a myth.

And how exactly was that proven?

beat me to it.

What is "beyond ridiculous" is complaining about posters reaction the beginning of a off-season that has a eerily familiar feel to it's beginning as have the many failed off-seasons fans have had to endure under Regier. I know many like yourself will be dry humping the 2010 Division Banner. Hold onto it tight because if Regier doesn't break form we will all be hoping that Miller can carry this team by himself to that level again.

it's "its" here, but I cannot deny the eerily familiar feel.

I disagree on the rest of the post but the dry-humping joke was pretty funny.

By clear statistical evidence you chose to ignore. No need to go back into that. I've taken on a less arduous task, I trying to convince Pat Robertson that dinosaurs exist.

Aren't you choosing to ignore the #4 in GAA and #2 in PK in favor of other, much more subjective stats?

If you had a chance to read my posts all season long you would I was beating this drum all season. A all-time great goaltender performance was wasted by this GM's inability to do his job. I like Miller. I hope he is healthy all year and can play at that same level. If not this team drops back down to 10th or worse.

Even if Darcy sits on the couch for the rest of the summer, there is NFW this team finishes 10th next year. I'll even say there is NFW they are worse than 6th.

Good summary of Pysyk:

How do you know it's a good summary? You calling it a good summary means you agree with the substantive analysis in it. Did you watch him play?

Do you know what is beyond ridiculous? 40 seasons without a Stanley Cup, 13 of which are under this current GM. That is roughly 1/3 of the franchises history.

PLEASE shrader, just submit to the fact that you would have liked to have used this pick for an upgrade on the current roster, even if it is a 3rd line Center.

So, another of Marcy's wasted first rounder... Hopefully, he and his videos can make up for in the later rounds... He has enough of these picks.

This isn't a Zagapan, or what ever his name is, pick. If you want to complain about the Sabres having to execute the pick that is another story. Having this kid in the organization won;t be a waste. Just from reading up on this kid tonight I thinking Mike Ramsey and Bill Hajt type of defenseman. No hype or flash. Just steady and calm. The type of defenseman you will never see clearing a puck from his own end after a mad scramble in his own end because they just don't happen when he is on the ice. If he turns out to be that type of player in the NHL he can be every bit as valuable as a Tyler Myers.

Do you know what is beyond ridiculous? 40 seasons without a Stanley Cup, 13 of which are under this current GM. That is roughly 1/3 of the franchises history.

PLEASE shrader, just submit to the fact that you would have liked to have used this pick for an upgrade on the current roster, even if it is a 3rd line Center.

But that completely ignores the possibility that the upgrade can come from a completely different asset. But if they had moved their pick, I would have wanted more than the 3rd line center like you suggest.

In other hockey related news, just finished putting up the photos I took for the Danbury Whalers tryout session today.

FischerPhoto Danbury Whalers Hockey Tryouts photos from today http://fischerwilliamsphoto.smugmug.com/Sports/Hockey/Danbury-Whalers-Tryouts

They are going to have a thirty game season among six teams. Looks the the Bridgeport Sound Tigers are involved... their assistant was their...

They are a AHL team for the Islanders. If nothing else it is nice to see the old Whalers Logo is use again.

But that completely ignores the possibility that the upgrade can come from a completely different asset. But if they had moved their pick, I would have wanted more than the 3rd line center like you suggest.

You may have wanted more, but in reality, just as I did not want them to pick (especially a defenseman) the bottom line still comes down to the needs of the team. And "NOT THE FUTURE NEEDS" but the needs of what it will take to be competitive to win LORD STANLEYS CUP!

Archived