2011 NHL Draft

deluca67

Having said that, what in the world is Darcy thinking? This sport is extremely difficult to play when all 5 senses are working, let alone only 4. No way this kid makes it given the level of competition he is facing. Hitting or shooting the puck after the whistle will become a real problem for the other team - and the refs.

This is just common sense.

Tell that to Jim Abbott.

If he's good enough to play in the NHL, he'll play in the NHL and the refs (and everyone else) will have to deal with it. Plus, he's had this condition his whole life. It's not like he's going to reach the NHL and suddenly won't be able to hear anything.

If he could deal with it and get this far, why can't he get further? He'll definitely get bigger, stronger, and more experienced with age. He's not going to get deafer.

Counting him out immediately is idiotic.

Tell that to Jim Abbott.

If he's good enough to play in the NHL, he'll play in the NHL and the refs (and everyone else) will have to deal with it. Plus, he's had this condition his whole life. It's not like he's going to reach the NHL and suddenly won't be able to hear anything.

If he could deal with it and get this far, why can't he get further? He'll definitely get bigger, stronger, and more experienced with age. He's not going to get deafer.

Counting him out immediately is idiotic.

I didn't count him out immediately but with this handicap, I'm thinking there must have been more likely NHLers available. Like I said, it's common sense.

Just read a quote from Pissick. He said that he talked with the Sabres briefly on Thursday and that was the extent of his interview with them.

Obviously they weren't counting on taking him.

They had him as the third best defensman, so I'm sure they didn't envision him there at 23. Given all I've heard, I'm thrilled with the pick. I can't wait for rookie camp to see him in person.

They had him as the third best defensman, so I'm sure they didn't envision him there at 23. Given all I've heard, I'm thrilled with the pick. I can't wait for rookie camp to see him in person.

He's just a kid so please wear some pants. :thumbsup:

Just read a quote from Pissick. He said that he talked with the Sabres briefly on Thursday and that was the extent of his interview with them.

Obviously they weren't counting on taking him.

Do you just choose to spell his name however you feel like?

I didn't count him out immediately but with this handicap, I'm thinking there must have been more likely NHLers available. Like I said, it's common sense.

Oh really? What does this mean then?

This sport is extremely difficult to play when all 5 senses are working, let alone only 4. No way this kid makes it given the level of competition he is facing.

Like I said, it's stupid to count a player out the day they're drafted.

It means that it's highly unlikely that there wasn't a guy out there who had a better chance at the NHL. Maybe there wasn't, but I find that hard to believe.

Actually, "No way he makes it" means NO WAY HE MAKES IT. There's no way to spin that.

And if you're so sure that there was a better player available in the fifth round, please explain who you had in mind. Because I really doubt you, or anyone else here, is in a position to complain about how the team used their fifth round pick. I doubt anyone here had ever heard of any of these guys, let alone seen them play.

Archived