Sabres halt contract talks with Kassian after charge

rbochan

Moral Turpitude vs. Simple Assault. Assault may or may not involve moral turpitide. Simple assault is generally not considered to be a crime involving moral turpitude.

For example, if u got into a fight at a bar because someone was calling u names and egging u on. Hence U slug him and take out a tooth, simple assault. When this also includes 'aggravating' factors (death, weapons), such as the guy being a officer on duty and u show a deliberate disregard for the law; moral turpitude.

If Kassian had hit the guy (off duty officer) that came over to see the situation he'd be in BIG trouble.

And yes, I took my LSAT's on Monday.

I think I've committed moral turpitude with your avatar. Does this mean I can't go to Canada?

UHH THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE NHL FOR A ###### UP LIKE KASSIAN!! HE IS ONLY 19 AND GOT INTO A FIGHT!?!?!? SORRY BUT WE CAN NOT HAVE THESE MARSHAWN LYNCH LIKE PLAYERS IN OUR LEAGUE... UNACCEPTABLE

Is there a doctor in the club? Maybe someone with an old bottle of Ritalin?

Theres a difference between a guy who fights on the ice and a guy who fights off the ice. This kid has SERIOUS issues and violent tendancies. Isn't this his third incident in 1 year since getting drafted? Wasn't he suspended twice for violent hits from behind/to the head and now he gets into a fight in a bar?

You can be a rough and tough player on the ice, but you have to be able to control yourself off of it and realise you can't do the same things when you are not playing the game. Even on the ice there is a line you don't cross, and this kid has already crossed it twice. He isn't going to help the Sabres at all if he is being suspended for cheap hits during a game, or facing jail time cause he punches people out in bars.

I'm assuming everyone supporting him and his antics would also be supporters of Bertuzzi and his hit on Moore?

Smart move by the Sabres,kid needs a reality check. His job in the N.H.L. is'nt a given,he has to work for it and with that job comes responsibility. This kid has to get the message to stay grounded and be humble and realize that a sense of entitlement should'nt enter his mind or he'll have a hard time entering that dressing room. We need his grit but we need intelligent grit.

Smart move by the Sabres,kid needs a reality check. His job in the N.H.L. is'nt a given,he has to work for it and with that job comes responsibility. This kid has to get the message to stay grounded and be humble and realize that a sense of entitlement should'nt enter his mind or he'll have a hard time entering that dressing room. We need his grit but we need intelligent grit.

Amen.

Theres a difference between a guy who fights on the ice and a guy who fights off the ice. This kid has SERIOUS issues and violent tendancies. Isn't this his third incident in 1 year since getting drafted? Wasn't he suspended twice for violent hits from behind/to the head and now he gets into a fight in a bar?

You can be a rough and tough player on the ice, but you have to be able to control yourself off of it and realise you can't do the same things when you are not playing the game. Even on the ice there is a line you don't cross, and this kid has already crossed it twice. He isn't going to help the Sabres at all if he is being suspended for cheap hits during a game, or facing jail time cause he punches people out in bars.

I'm assuming everyone supporting him and his antics would also be supporters of Bertuzzi and his hit on Moore?

I agree with everything you said, but also realize the bolded part; he's still a kid.

Maturity comes with age and guidance, and it seems to me the Sabres are doing their part here.

It's easy for some of us here to say, "you have to be able to keep your edge on the ice only". Not so easy when you're 20 and being heckled at a bar in front of your peers.

He'll be fine.

]UHH THERE IS NO PLACE IN THE NHL FOR A ###### UP LIKE KASSIAN!! HE IS ONLY 19 AND GOT INTO A FIGHT!?!?!? SORRY BUT WE CAN NOT HAVE THESE MARSHAWN LYNCH LIKE PLAYERS IN OUR LEAGUE... UNACCEPTABLE

Did Kassian hit a woman?

I don't get it. He tries to kill someone on the ice with the Tito Santana Flying Burrito and no one says much of anything. His gets into a scrap at a bar and now people are up in arms? Of the incidents this is the least offensive.

Didn't Bob Probert try to cross the border with cocaine? He was still allowed to go back and forth so I wouldn't be too concerned about Kassian being allowed into the United States.

Did Kassian hit a woman?

I don't get it. He tries to kill someone on the ice with the Tito Santana Flying Burrito and no one says much of anything. His gets into a scrap at a bar and now people are up in arms? Of the incidents this is the least offensive.

Didn't Bob Probert try to cross the border with cocaine? He was still allowed to go back and forth so I wouldn't be too concerned about Kassian being allowed into the United States.

idk if you guys noticed but that's exactly what im saying

I was mocking people from the other Kassian thread who made the Lynch comparison.

That was me. The comparison is that they both are guilty of poor judgment--both on and off the ice or field of play (nice mini-camp there, Marshawn)--not the severity of their transgressions. Kassian has some time to learn. Hope he does.

I don't want to call it a smart move by the Sabres. Really, it's nothing more than common sense.

Did Kassian hit a woman?

Yes. And +1 for the Tito Santana reference. Priceless.

But Probert was not allowed in Canada after the cocaine incident. However, I don't think a bar fight and smuggling narcotics across an international border are on the same level as far as punishment in concerned.

Yes. And +1 for the Tito Santana reference. Priceless.

But Probert was not allowed in Canada after the cocaine incident. However, I don't think a bar fight and smuggling narcotics across an international border are on the same level as far as punishment in concerned.

Canada actually blocked one of their own citizens from entering the country? I didn't know they had that in them.

Canada actually blocked one of their own citizens from entering the country? I didn't know they had that in them.

Not exactly. He was allowed to live and play in the US but may have not been permitted back in the US had he left the country to play a game in Canada. So he only played in american cities for a few years until he was given his the freedom to travel again.

Archived