Not sure what to make of Ennis...

SDS

Did you ever think that maybe those guys were just over rated by the home fans?

Paille and Stafford were first round draft picks by the Sabres. They were rated highly by THIS TEAM.

Pominville scored 34 goals three years ago. What happened to him?

And its not like Sabres players are leaving Buffalo and becoming superstars on new teams

Except for Dumont, right? His three best seasons in terms of points were his first three seasons with the Predators after leaving here.

And Afinogenov came back to life after leaving Buffalo with absolutely no trade value.

But you're right. It's NEVER, EVER Ruff's fault.

Love Ennis so far. He is so smooth and shifty at the same time. He made a ton of passes in the series and his few games during the regular season that just went right by his teammates (Pomminstein in particular). They just weren't ready for the slick pass. Thats why I want to see him develop a chemistry with Vanek next year. I could see him being a 20-25 goal and 50-60 assist guy down the road with some finishers on his line.

Audette, Mogilny, Briere, Pominville........Ennis.

Pickup a franchise center, line him up with Vanek, call it a day.

+1

Ennis is the real deal. He got a shot late in the year and in my eyes outplayed every forward on the team. Did he miss some chances? Sure he did, but he's got skill coming out of his ying-yang and that can't be taught. His vision is remarkable. Now get some players who are prepared to accept his passes, instead of being surprised by them.

This playoff run, albeit a short one, will only help his game going forward. I'd venture to say he leads our team in scoring next year. He is not going to be another Holzinger.

I can only hope Luke Adam, kassian or anyone over 6' tall with skill is on the team next year.

The thought of Roy, gerbe, ennis, Connolly and pominville (i know the last 2 are listed at 6', but come on) in the top six has me shuddering.

Definitely agree. The problem is who of these guys has enough trade value to make it worth it (in the eyes of the FO) to get rid of them? I guess this should be in the other thread.

he not only showed more speed than anyone else on the roster in this series, he showed more jam.

if the kid can stay healthy, he's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

i've said it before: all hail the second coming of danny briere.

ink is right, though: a top-6 that boasts 3 guys 5'9" or smaller isn't the answer.

+1 = we finally have Briere's replacement.

+1

Ennis is the real deal. He got a shot late in the year and in my eyes outplayed every forward on the team. Did he miss some chances? Sure he did, but he's got skill coming out of his ying-yang and that can't be taught. His vision is remarkable. Now get some players who are prepared to accept his passes, instead of being surprised by them.

This playoff run, albeit a short one, will only help his game going forward. I'd venture to say he leads our team in scoring next year. He is not going to be another Holzinger.

How bout Dustin Brown at center?

If LA was dumb enough, I'd unload half of these losers.

quite honestly I think the question we should be asking is why wasn't Ennis called up earlier? let's forget the playoffs for a little bit and look at the season -- 3rd place, NE champs, yada yada -- we all KNEW this team wasn't as good as their record. You can look at any GDT of a game we lost to see that this team had problems.

Ennis was called up in November (i think?), scored his first career goal and played really good with about 15 minutes of ice time. Then we never see the kid again til the end of March? With Stafford, Goose, even Pommer at times, wasting ice time and roster spots.

Next time a Sabre went down injured, Mancari got the call up. Then Gerbe. Why not Ennis???

quite honestly I think the question we should be asking is why wasn't Ennis called up earlier? let's forget the playoffs for a little bit and look at the season -- 3rd place, NE champs, yada yada -- we all KNEW this team wasn't as good as their record. You can look at any GDT of a game we lost to see that this team had problems.

Ennis was called up in November (i think?), scored his first career goal and played really good with about 15 minutes of ice time. Then we never see the kid again til the end of March? With Stafford, Goose, even Pommer at times, wasting ice time and roster spots.

Next time a Sabre went down injured, Mancari got the call up. Then Gerbe. Why not Ennis???

Ennis was injured for a stretch there.

First, anyone who thinks the Sabres are still a "speed" team - needs to watch Ennis skate and then look at how slow everyone else is. Ennis is fast - the rest of our team is very average in the speed category.

But, with all that speed and the nice relentless puck control, it would have been nice if there was some output from that. I mean it was all Swedish, no Finnish.

So, is this guy showing early signs of Brian Holzingeritis or will he be a scoring threat for years to come?

I don't know who wrote it, but someone on this board said

ENNIS=AFINOGENOV

I think right now, that's true. Rushes wildly into the zone and loses control of the puck.

He is pretty tenacious though.

I like his style and with some seasoning

ENNIS > AFINOGENOV

i'm hoping for a stanley cup. :(

Ding Ding Ding, what do we have for him Johnny :thumbsup:

Rookies by the name of Ennis and Myers, both Tylers :worthy:

And 3 more years of the Regier/Ruff era :blink:

But, no Stanley Cups I'm afraid :(

I am a Buffalo Sabres Fan :bag:

Hockey is a gods sport, Chicks dig Scars and nobody live forever......the quest for the Cup continues... ;)

FASTEN YOUR SEATBELTS.........The NHL 2010-2011 is on its way to Buffalo :beer:

I was just speaking of some chances that he had that he didn't bury... That breakaway effort was all hustle and he didn't even get a shot off.

I think that might come with a little more aging. Younger guys tend to panic a little, once he developes that patience, he'll be a good player. I liked him far better than gerbe.

Guest Sloth

Are you seriously complaining about a rookie who was brought up into the NHL playoffs, and who has almost no previous experience in the NHL yet because he didn't bury a bunch of chances that he had? He was one of the leading point scorers on the team in this series.

Fans are truly sinking to new lows here now.

Lets focus on attacking guys that deserve the blame like Roy, Connolly, Stafford, etc. Veterans who we are all still waiting to show up to the series

Summed up perfectly. Other than Miller, Myers, and Vanek, when he was able to play, Ennis was the only player to step it up for the series. I thought for sure the "core" players would finally raise their level of play for game 6, but as they did with the previous 5 games they didn't do much. The Sabres had their best scoring chances with guys like Ennis, Kennedy, and Grier against the Bruins. ######, even Kaleta played better than Roy and compnay.

Only complaint I had about Ennis was his hesitation to shoot the puck. There were times he'd be in the slot w/ a Sabre up front, but instead of taking the shot he continued to elude defenders and eventually taking a bad angled shot. That is the ONLY criticism I had for him in the Boston series. The "core" players had better learn fast, because the young guys could be taking their jobs very soon.

Archived