Stafford is just plain bad

Marvelo

It's plain to many of us fans that this former #1 draft choice is a huge BUST. Unfortunately, Ruff couldn't

recognize that Stafford doesn't contribute on a regular basis. And now with the two many men in the 2nd

OT, it's a clear demonstration that not only is he not contributing on the ice, but his head isn't in the game.

Shame on Ruff!

It's plain to many of us fans that this former #1 draft choice is a huge BUST. Unfortunately, Ruff couldn't

recognize that Stafford doesn't contribute on a regular basis. And now with the two many men in the 2nd

OT, it's a clear demonstration that not only is he not contributing on the ice, but his head isn't in the game.

Shame on Ruff!

Besides looking flat for most of the game, he was trying to be too fancy everytime he handled it. IMO, Drew is good for 3 or 4 games a season, that's it. I have been a pretty casual fan this year, but I am so over this guy and many others. Please change it up!

I've been a big supporter of almost all the players through their slumps and streaks because most of them have the ability to break through when they feel like it. But, Stafford is one person I have given up hope on. Going back to last year he's had 2 good games...... one was against his uncle in Edmonton and the other was the game after he was benched this year. Not only does he not contribute, he just gets in the way. I wasn't on the bench so I don't know if it was his fault for the penalty or if there was a mis-communication because on the replay it showed him headed to the bench but was turning to go down ice. Not sure if he was being lazy getting back to the bench, or if he didn't know he was supposed to be coming off. Regardless of his penalty, he is a bust and a waste of a roster spot. If we weren't down Hecht and Vanek I would hope Lindy would have the nads to bench him in favor of Gerbe.

Bad or poorly coached?

At this point it doesn't really matter, does it?

What DID matter however, if that Stafford, whatever the reason may be, has flat out sucked for two full seasons, and has NO business playing in a playoff game, let alone one where his team is down in the series.

This falls 100% on Lindy, so when he comes out and says he takes responsibility for the too many men penalty, the response should be "You goddamn better!!"

And while you're at it Lindy, how about taking some responsibility for your piss poor power play? Just score two friggin' power play goals in 4 games, and The Sabres are leading this series 3-1 instead. ######, score ONE!!!! And the series is probably tied 2-2!

Nothing ever changes........... Ever.......

You can't coach heart.

No, but you can bench the stiffs that haven't shown any for 2 full seasons, instead of playing them at he expense of players who want to work for a living.

Gerbe and Mancari should've be ahead of Stafford on the depth chart any day of the week.

Heck, Mancari might even score a goal here and there.

Besides looking flat for most of the game, he was trying to be too fancy everytime he handled it. IMO, Drew is good for 3 or 4 games a season, that's it. I have been a pretty casual fan this year, but I am so over this guy and many others. Please change it up!

Stafford's style is fancy. He tries to stickhandle around everyone and it never works, except against the Leafs. Lindy is stubborn and is married to this bum. I bet he plays next game too. It's about time that doing nothing and acting as a suction to the team gets rewarded with press box time, not more ice time.

My biggest issue is that's the second time Stafford has done that recently. I don't remember which game it was, but it was in one of the final few regular season games. There is just no excuse, four games into the playoffs, for not being able to properly execute a line change.

Speaking of fancy boys, anyone get annoyed at Roy playing with the puck after the whistle? Fancy stickhandling, putting it up on his stick, carrying it for a second, flipping it to the ref. It annoys me.

There's a lot of things about Roy that annoy me.

No, but you can bench the stiffs that haven't shown any for 2 full seasons, instead of playing them at he expense of players who want to work for a living.

Gerbe and Mancari should've be ahead of Stafford on the depth chart any day of the week.

Heck, Mancari might even score a goal here and there.

I would have had no problem with a Mancari callup. I don't think Stafford was cracking the starting lineup until the injuries, but the remedy should have been to continue to sit his lazy ###### down and call up Mancari.

I never have liked Stafford--I meet with less resistance on this than on my criticisms of Connolly (who was fantastic in 1OT yesterday), and I think I remember that the team tried to move Stafford but couldn't. There is no good reason why this jackass should be in a Sabre uniform next year. Frankly, there is no good reason why he should be in a Sabre uniform tomorrow night.

I would have had no problem with a Mancari callup. I don't think Stafford was cracking the starting lineup until the injuries, but the remedy should have been to continue to sit his lazy ###### down and call up Mancari.

I never have liked Stafford--I meet with less resistance on this than on my criticisms of Connolly (who was fantastic in 1OT yesterday), and I think I remember that the team tried to move Stafford but couldn't. There is no good reason why this jackass should be in a Sabre uniform next year. Frankly, there is no good reason why he should be in a Sabre uniform tomorrow night.

It's cold comfort, but I thought TC found his legs about halfway through the game last night and played much better during the 2nd half and OT than he had previously in the series.

It's cold comfort, but I thought TC found his legs about halfway through the game last night and played much better during the 2nd half and OT than he had previously in the series.

And it only took the threat of going down 3-1 in a playoff series. That's great. At least now we know what motivates him for the future.

Gray Cloud. No sunshine 'til he's gone.

Archived