ENNIS NEEDS TO STAY (also, Gerbe getting the call in place of Vanek)

static70

Ennis was super. He has all the tools. His speed is incredible. He was flying past guys. And his awareness and savvy was apparent. He made some NHL passes all night. He then created ice room for his linemates. He is smart too -- as he knows when to make a line change and is ever cognizant/cerebral of what he is doing. His skating is just amazing. He seems to skate backwards and sideways with the puck just as well as he does forward. This kid has all the makings of a 60 point guy in this league. Now, they played a crap TB team. And it will be hard for Ennis when they play a close checking team on the road. But Ennis is a little water bug out there His vison and skating and crafty play are really a treat to warch. To me, he is a like a smarter, better skating Mike Comrie.

Mancari would be the correct call up. He and Ennis have tore up POrtland. The Sabres need to stay healthy. Especially these players:

miller

roy

tallider (best defender by far)

hecht (playing for a contract and has been great)

gaustad (his size cannot be replaced)

Jochen is not in thelast year of his cotract. Gaustad actually needs to use his size and I'll take myers over tallinder.

Right on Hecht. Meant, "like his is playing for a..."

Gaustad does use his size. He is dominant on most of his shifts -- he rags and cycles the puck pretty well and extends shifts. Myers is the future -- but Tallinder is still the most valuable defender. His game and skating, and calm play is simply elequent --- without him, you would notice it. The club could not live without him.

THe other guy that has been playing well is Kennedy. He has been skating better again -- and he goes to the net with his head down. He scored the uglest goals on the team, but they are important. He is like a less dirty Kenny "the Rat" Lindsman.

Jochen is not in thelast year of his cotract. Gaustad actually needs to use his size and I'll take myers over tallinder.

the easiest way to look at this is a magic number of 8

any combination of 8 sabre points gained or senator points lost equaling 8 means sabres win division

That's not true though because Montreal and Boston are also in the picture. Here's a quick example. If we lose out, but Ottawa also loses 8 points, yes, we finish ahead of Ottawa, but Montreal or Boston could still pass the Sabres.

Lindy touched on the call-up issue at the beginning and end of his answer -- "we'll evaluate it" -- but in between was a pretty unenthusiastic assessment of a performance that had many, many fans lactating with delight.

I don't think we should read anything into this, Lindy's postgame pressers are generally as exciting as watching paint dry.

And it's not really his job to entertain either, so I'm willing to cut him some slack here.

According to Bill Hoppe, the injuries to Connolly and Vanek are not too serious. In fact, Connolly hurt his foot in a road game. So he played 18+ minutes against Montreal and Ottawa with a hurt foot.

Hoppe on injuries- http://www.sabrespace.com/buffalo-sabres/article/connolly-kaleta-and-vanek-all-sidelined-by-injuries/

Mancari would be the correct call up. He and Ennis have tore up POrtland. The Sabres need to stay healthy. Especially these players:

miller

roy

tallider (best defender by far)

hecht (playing for a contract and has been great)

gaustad (his size cannot be replaced)

I not only agree with this post, but I'd go so far as to say LW-C-RW rookie line not only could, but should look like this for line 4: Kennedy(LW)-Ennis©-Mancari(RW)

This is what I would like to see. Kennedy is fiesty as ######, Mancari has a boomer of a shot and a big body, he just needs more drive to use it in the corners. Ennis is already a great passer and positional player. That line could see 150 to 175 points between the 3 of them in a seaso if they can find the chemistry and use their individual attributes to compliment one another, IMHO.

I not only agree with this post, but I'd go so far as to say LW-C-RW rookie line not only could, but should look like this for line 4: Kennedy(LW)-Ennis©-Mancari(RW)

I find it comical to call Mancari a rookie when he'll be 25 in a few months. That's 5 years older than Myers. :lol:

Well, now I am confounded.

I am listening to the Pirates broadcast while working today and I hear the announcer state this:

"Gerbe and Mancari are not playing today, both are enroute to the big club, the Sabres"

Now, I looked on the Pirates site for the line up and the AHL site, Gerber and Mancari are not in the line up. I need a second party to confirm this.

Well, now I am confounded.

I am listening to the Pirates broadcast while working today and I hear the announcer state this:

"Gerbe and Mancari are not playing today, both are enroute to the big club, the Sabres"

Now, I looked on the Pirates site for the line up and the AHL site, Gerber and Mancari are not in the line up. I need a second party to confirm this.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/16926-mancari-and-gerbe-to-buffalo/page__view__findpost__p__198591

Ennis definitely needs to stay up with the Sabres, he brings great speed, vision and offensive skills, which is something we need more of. Not to mention our powerplay looked 20x better with him on it, and his size hasn't seemed to hinder his offensive abilities at all yet. He's a highly talented, creative forward who's showed he can play and excel at the NHL level. Keep him up here, he could very well help us go deep in the playoffs.

Ennis definitely needs to stay up with the Sabres, he brings great speed, vision and offensive skills, which is something we need more of. Not to mention our powerplay looked 20x better with him on it, and his size hasn't seemed to hinder his offensive abilities at all yet. He's a highly talented, creative forward who's showed he can play and excel at the NHL level. Keep him up here, he could very well help us go deep in the playoffs.

He's played 2 games. Yeah, he was good yesterday, but I think it's a bit premature to say he's showed he can play and excel at the NHL level.

Ennis was super. He has all the tools. His speed is incredible. He was flying past guys. And his awareness and savvy was apparent. He made some NHL passes all night. He then created ice room for his linemates. He is smart too -- as he knows when to make a line change and is ever cognizant/cerebral of what he is doing. His skating is just amazing. He seems to skate backwards and sideways with the puck just as well as he does forward. This kid has all the makings of a 60 point guy in this league. Now, they played a crap TB team. And it will be hard for Ennis when they play a close checking team on the road. But Ennis is a little water bug out there His vison and skating and crafty play are really a treat to warch. To me, he is a like a smarter, better skating Mike Comrie.

Tyler Ennis = Aptitude and Skill!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Lindy touched on the call-up issue at the beginning and end of his answer -- "we'll evaluate it" -- but in between was a pretty unenthusiastic assessment of a performance that had many, many fans lactating with delight.

It was one response to one question and you are twisting it.

It's a premature comparison, but he looks like a young Martin St. Louis to me. He has speed, vision, creativity, puck handling ability and a willingness to get dirty. This team could definitely use an infusion of talent and fresh hungry attitude to spark it going into the playoff run.

This is what I would like to see. Kennedy is fiesty as ######, Mancari has a boomer of a shot and a big body, he just needs more drive to use it in the corners. Ennis is already a great passer and positional player. That line could see 150 to 175 points between the 3 of them in a seaso if they can find the chemistry and use their individual attributes to compliment one another, IMHO.

Only problem here is that Ennis is yet to take a faceoff this year, Mancari has lost all three he did, and Kennedy is only a 33.9%

He's played 2 games. Yeah, he was good yesterday, but I think it's a bit premature to say he's showed he can play and excel at the NHL level.

So what that means nothing to the all knowing hockey gods roaming this board. Reasonableness gives way to unfounded and conclusory posts each minute.

It's a premature comparison, but he looks like a young Martin St. Louis to me. He has speed, vision, creativity, puck handling ability and a willingness to get dirty. This team could definitely use an infusion of talent and fresh hungry attitude to spark it going into the playoff run.

St. Louis was playing in Vermont when he was 20 and didn't become a significant contributer in the NHL until he was 25. Ennis was thought to be an elite talent much earlier in life, so if he has like St. Louis, he jumpstarts his career sooner too.

Personally, I'd love it if he could be that boost in the playoffs that you think he can be. He needs to be given every single game left in the season before they even consider making that move for the postseason.

Archived