TYLER ENNIS ON HIS WAY TO BUFFALO

static70

There is no one to blame for this other than Taro T. He jinxed Tim Connolly. A bruised foot? That could keep Connolly out for years. May end his career.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the theory that superstition will have caused an injury, nor do I hedge my support for this team.

Did you pop the champagne open when you heard that Tim might miss a game?

I'm glad Ennis is getting a shot before the playoffs.

That being said, two forwards get hurt, one gets called up. Oh goody, the old lets dress our spare defenseman as a forward routine. God forbid they also call up Mancari. Even better, why not call up McCormick or Cowan to replace the toughness/hitting of Kaleta.

This team just got worse.

Sorry, but given the absolutely pathetic play of the forwards for a majority of the games this year, I don't think there is ANY forward whose loss the Sabres cannot easily endure... assuming they have enough NHL quality forwards to put on the jersey.

My thoughts on Connolly are already on record; I don't think he'll be missed all that much. Kaleta, I have mixed feelings about. Certainly, I hope he's back to play the Rags on 4/6.

I thought Mancari did well when he was up--but IIRC, he was only called up because Ennis was injured at the time, right? So let's see what the kid can do.

Sorry, I don't subscribe to the theory that superstition will have caused an injury, nor do I hedge my support for this team.

Maybe this is Connolly's Wally Pip moment. Ennis comes in for a few games and wows the fans and coaching staff and everyone realizes that they no longer need a unmotivated, injury prone, over paid prima-dona in Connolly.

All fans should be popping the champagne open.

And deny all you want, this is your fault. :rolleyes:

The sound you heard was Tim himself uncorking a bottle of bourbon, and not DeLuca uncorking a bottle of champagne.

My thoughts on Connolly are already on record; I don't think he'll be missed all that much. Kaleta, I have mixed feelings about. Certainly, I hope he's back to play the Rags on 4/6.

I thought Mancari did well when he was up--but IIRC, he was only called up because Ennis was injured at the time, right? So let's see what the kid can do.

Kaleta is by far the bigger loss. The kid is the only semblance of heart and soul this roster has. Without him they have no consistent physical presence.

Again I can't open those News blog links. Which injury is feared to be long-term? I feel bad for Kaleta. Is he going to be able to stay healthy enough to have any kind of NHL career? I've said it before. A player like him is always going to be worked out of the game, the way the body eventually works out a splinter. Too bad if his dive into the boards, to draw a penalty on Fisher, caused another concussion. Who teaches or tells players to do that, anyway?

I'm glad Ennis is getting a shot before the playoffs.

That being said, two forwards get hurt, one gets called up. Oh goody, the old lets dress our spare defenseman as a forward routine. God forbid they also call up Mancari. Even better, why not call up McCormick or Cowan to replace the toughness/hitting of Kaleta.

OSP just realized that Gerbe could have sat on Ennis' lap and flown for free! Ga-damn!

Sorry, but given the absolutely pathetic play of the forwards for a majority of the games this year, I don't think there is ANY forward whose loss the Sabres cannot easily endure... assuming they have enough NHL quality forwards to put on the jersey.

In the words of Lindy Ruff this is why the Sabres won't even challenge for the Stanley Cup this year,

"There's plays inside the game that you won't win unless we're tougher on those plays. The [Derek] Roys, the Connollys, the [Thomas] Vaneks, those guys have got to be tougher on the puck."

Let's face it the core of the team are marshmallows. Playoffs are dominated by tougher teams who are willing to work the hardest and happen to also have quality talent. The Sabres are short on toughness and talent. The team is trying to rely on their most talented player (Miller) to carry them. It wasn't enough with Dominic Hasek and it won't be with Miller.

The Sabres are soft at Center. Gaustad might not be soft, but he doesn't have the talent.

Last year in the draft the organization realized it had to get bigger and tougher. This is way overdue, but it won't help for another couple years.

Hopefully, the Sabres will quit giving up draft picks for rentals and continue to draft some more grit and determination. The team has to replace the floaters with more determined players. Even smaller guys like a Doug Gilmour played with heart and determination, but there are no signs of a pulse in the three guys Ruff pointed out in the quote.

It's not all about getting bigger, but getting more determined. All things being equal however, bigger is an advantage. Ennis might be small, but I hope he has more heart than the trio of Connolly,Roy, and Vanek.

In the words of Lindy Ruff this is why the Sabres won't even challenge for the Stanley Cup this year,

"There's plays inside the game that you won't win unless we're tougher on those plays. The [Derek] Roys, the Connollys, the [Thomas] Vaneks, those guys have got to be tougher on the puck."

Let's face it the core of the team are marshmallows. Playoffs are dominated by tougher teams who are willing to work the hardest and happen to also have quality talent. The Sabres are short on toughness and talent. The team is trying to rely on their most talented player (Miller) to carry them. It wasn't enough with Dominic Hasek and it won't be with Miller.

The Sabres are soft at Center. Gaustad might not be soft, but he doesn't have the talent.

Last year in the draft the organization realized it had to get bigger and tougher. This is way overdue, but it won't help for another couple years.

Hopefully, the Sabres will quit giving up draft picks for rentals and continue to draft some more grit and determination. The team has to replace the floaters with more determined players. Even smaller guys like a Doug Gilmour played with heart and determination, but there are no signs of a pulse in the three guys Ruff pointed out in the quote.

It's not all about getting bigger, but getting more determined. All things being equal however, bigger is an advantage. Ennis might be small, but I hope he has more heart than the trio of Connolly,Roy, and Vanek.

I very much agree with everything you said. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you have a Defenseman up for Rookie of the Year and your Goalie can be mentioned in both MVP and Vezina circles and yet your team isn't even mentioned by the "experts" as having a chance at the Stanley Cup.

The problem with that is, Kassian (brad may) doesn't have much in the way of talent either.

And Foligno is even worse.

I very much agree with everything you said. It's a pretty sad state of affairs when you have a Defenseman up for Rookie of the Year and your Goalie can be mentioned in both MVP and Vezina circles and yet your team isn't even mentioned by the "experts" as having a chance at the Stanley Cup.

Easy on that Miller stuff, he's having a good season but he isn't doing anything that isn't done every year by some other goalie like a Voukon or Lundquist.

With the 3rd highest salary among goalies, he better lead the league in save % on occasion.

Fans are talking like this is some kind of once in a generation season for an nhl goalie.

Easy on that Miller stuff, he's having a good season but he isn't doing anything that isn't done every year by some other goalie like a Voukon or Lundquist.

With the 3rd highest salary among goalies, he better lead the league in save % on occasion.

Fans are talking like this is some kind of once in a generation season for an nhl goalie.

Considering what MIller has in front of him this is the best no-Hasek season a goalie ever for this franchise. Even better than the Barrasso rookie year.

I don't think they take a goalie's salary into account when voting for MVP or Vezina.

The Sabres go as Connolly and/or Roy go.

The team toughness thing gets completely overblown around here, but you may want to take a look at the 2008 draft before you make a statement like that.

He's their best forward.

I don't care. He's a gray cloud. Until he goes there will be no sunshine.

Why would you be unsure or confused about that?

I wasn't. But since you brought up how much he gets paid while talking about awards I thought you might be.

Archived