TYLER ENNIS ON HIS WAY TO BUFFALO

static70

Isn't this another example of Paul being wrong. There are no roster limits after the trade deadline. He is right in that the salary cap is a constraint and there are only so many emergency recall moves but I am almost sure that the 23 man roster doesn't apply.

His reasoning is right, but yeah, he's wrong on the rules. There really isn't much point in burning a callup and if one of the injured players doesn't look like he's out long enough to IR, they could only make the one emergency callup. Then again, if the season has reached a point where it doesn't look like too much is on the line, why not IR that player anyway and give him the extra time to get back to 100%?

Sounds like you closed a lot of bars with TC.

Tim has overcome as much, if not more, than Pat LaFontaine did -- and Patty won the Masterton.

Nah, not my thing. But I've heard it from enough diverse sources.

Sounds like you closed a lot of bars with TC.

Tim has overcome as much, if not more, than Pat LaFontaine did -- and Patty won the Masterton.

Yeah but the French Connection... Pat LaFontaine being amazing... I can see why he would win the Masterton.

TC has a lot to live up to if he wants that Masterton trophy... especially with all the competition he has in the NHL.

They need those 2 to win, but Miller and Myers are more important. They could survive the loss of either TC or Roy, but not Miller or Myers.

I disagree, in a hypothetical if the Sabres lost both Connolly and Roy, they would have a harder time recovering from than than they would losing Miller and Myers.

You don't tell us what to think. You tell us what we are thinking. That's way more annoying.

Yes I reply to the comments that people make in a way that exposes how baseless and idiotic many of those comments are.

And that annoys them, because they're comfortable blurting out nonsense and having it go unchallenged.

What I do violates that comfort zone of mindless parroting.

I really don't need anyone to tell me they don't like it, I already know.

Like the locker room blabber...as soon as I say...you've never been in a Sabres locker room, they get annoyed, because there is no effective away to reply other than to look like an idiot and say something like....duh der, well I um heard the bulldog on wgr say it duh.

So instead they throw their tantrums.

If they were rational they'd say, you know what you're right xray, it really isn't anything more than gossip.

But they won't because recycling this type of soap opera bullsh*t is why they join forums, they enjoy it.

I never said he didn't work well with others. I said he doesn't "make the others around them better, even if they are not on the same line." There's a big difference.

Nope.

You're going to get annoyed again because I'm about to expose more bullsh*t.

Here this was posted by you....

I'm talking about a group of people working together (something you probably know very little about), almost every day for ten months of the year for a common goal. Personalities matter. If they didn't then why do some players make the others around them better, even if they are not on the same line. Timmy doesn't do that because he's a gray cloud.

If you get out of the habit of spewing bullsh*t then you won't be annoyed by people like me.

If you stick strictly to what takes place on the ice and say "he doesn't make his linemates better".then you simply lose face on the hockey end of it instead of also being exposed for engaging in these dramas so many Sabres fans are into.

Stop pretending that you know what happens between these players personally and how it effects the game on the ice.

If you stop writing these goofy dramas, you will not be called out for it.

Yes I reply to the comments that people make in a way that exposes how baseless and idiotic many of those comments are.

..blah, blah, blah..

Stop pretending that you know what happens between these players personally and how it effects the game on the ice.

If you stop writing these goofy dramas, you will not be called out for it.

Wow. Now your taking bits of different sentences to prove your point. Just,.. wow. If you didn't realize that I meant Timmy doesn't make the rest of the team better, the way that Drury made the rest of the team better, then we will never have a meaningful discussion ever, not that I thought we ever would.

Sigh,.. I tried,..I really did.

Yeah but the French Connection... Pat LaFontaine being amazing... I can see why he would win the Masterton.

TC has a lot to live up to if he wants that Masterton trophy... especially with all the competition he has in the NHL.

What does the French Connection have to do with this?

Pat didn't win because of his amazing skills.

TC is hands-down the Sabres candidate for the trophy. No one else is even on the radar.

Interesting to note that Torres was Columbus' candidate last season.

Wow. Now your taking bits of different sentences to prove your point. Just,.. wow. If you didn't realize that I meant Timmy doesn't make the rest of the team better, the way that Drury made the rest of the team better, then we will never have a meaningful discussion ever, not that I thought we ever would.

Sigh,.. I tried,..I really did.

Am I the only one that doesn't know what this split personality x-ray/ tomsmith/ whatever thinks of the Sabres? We know

a) He didn't think the team had enough depth at forward.

b) Thinks the teams drop in offensive production has nothing to do with a league wide trend.

c) Thinks that the top 6 is lacking.

d) Thinks everyone overrates Miller.

e) Thinks that Timmy and Roy would be harder to replace then Miller and Myers.

f) Thinks we are all learning from him as we are mindless parrots.

What does he think?

Am I the only one that doesn't know what this split personality x-ray/ tomsmith/ whatever thinks of the Sabres? We know

a) He didn't think the team had enough depth at forward.

b) Thinks the teams drop in offensive production has nothing to do with a league wide trend.

c) Thinks that the top 6 is lacking.

d) Thinks everyone overrates Miller.

e) Thinks that Timmy and Roy would be harder to replace then Miller and Myers.

f) Thinks we are all learning from him as we are mindless parrots.

What does he think?

:lol:

All I know about what he thinks is what he thinks I think.

A Hispanic, transsexual in a wheelchair?

No, I mean people who have no connection to one another.

Anyway, are you saying that Connolly should be the Sabres' candidate, or that he actually should win the thing?

No, I mean people who have no connection to one another.

Anyway, are you saying that Connolly should be the Sabres' candidate, or that he actually should win the thing?

Yes to the Sabres candidate, and I guess I mean to say I hope he wins the Masterton, and I think he deserves it. I don't know about "should," because I haven't seen the entire list of candidates -- it will be released soon. Last year, the hockey writers revealed the list of nominees by division over the course of a week or so.

There's really nothing controversial here. Connolly has overcome so much to return to the league and be a consistent, top-notch contributor. Dedication, perseverance and sportsmanship. On what grounds does he fall short?

Yes to the Sabres candidate, and I guess I mean to say I hope he wins the Masterton, and I think he deserves it. I don't know about "should," because I haven't seen the entire list of candidates -- it will be released soon. Last year, the hockey writers revealed the list of nominees by division over the course of a week or so.

There's really nothing controversial here. Connolly has overcome so much to return to the league and be a consistent, top-notch contributor. Dedication, perseverance and sportsmanship. On what grounds does he fall short?

Dedication and maybe perseverance.

Dedication and maybe perseverance.

:thumbdown:

I like discussing and debating things with you, but I honestly don't think this one's going very far if we can't at least agree that Tim's comeback involved dedication to the game and exemplary perseverance. How many times could he have just called it a career?

This irrational hatred of Connolly seems to be very personal to you. I'd love to know why you think it's a good thing that an offensively challenged team just lost its leading scorer.

I like discussing and debating things with you, but I honestly don't think this one's going very far if we can't at least agree that Tim's comeback involved dedication to the game and exemplary perseverance. How many times could he have just called it a career?

This irrational hatred of Connolly seems to be very personal to you. I'd love to know why you think it's a good thing that an offensively challenged team just lost its leading scorer.

Actually, from my point of view, his feelings on TC are similiar to your deal with Ruff. You acknowledge that while the Sabres have enjoyed success under Ruff, you think he doesn't take full advantage of the talent at hand and that is exactly the case with Connolly. The frustration lies in the fact that we know he is good, but he could be so much more.

That being said, I agree with you that he is the Sabres Masterson nominee. I would have to look at the rest of the league to see who the top league wide candidates are.

Isn't he hurt again? Can you win that award twice in one year?

Actually, from my point of view, his feelings on TC are similiar to your deal with Ruff. You acknowledge that while the Sabres have enjoyed success under Ruff, you think he doesn't take full advantage of the talent at hand and that is exactly the case with Connolly. The frustration lies in the fact that we know he is good, but he could be so much more.

That being said, I agree with you that he is the Sabres Masterson nominee. I would have to look at the rest of the league to see who the top league wide candidates are.

Eleven takes personal shots at Connolly, mostly surrounding after-hours activities. I've never taken a shot like that at Ruff. I don't know if Lindy's a bum or a drunk, and I don't care. I care that this April will see the Sabres in the playoffs for only the third time since Dom left.

Eleven takes personal shots at Connolly, mostly surrounding after-hours activities. I've never taken a shot like that at Ruff. I don't know if Lindy's a bum or a drunk, and I don't care. I care that this April will see the Sabres in the playoffs for only the third time since Dom left.

Point taken, but I think there is some validity in eleven's point.

I'm a TC supporter and agree that he's persevered, but let's remember that he's had 18 million reasons to do so. Not exactly altruism at work here.

Good post.

I have taken shots at Connolly involving his after-hours activities, no doubt. I also have taken shots at his lack of on-ice dedication. How many loose pucks pass him by, while he doesn't bother to reach a stick out? How bad can he possibly be in his own end? Has he ever, EVER stuck up for a teammate under pressure, or a teammate being bullied by an opponent? (Has he ever even stuck up for himself?) Do you think he's a good example to younger players?

When he finally played a full season, I watched and gave him a chance. Still, I don't think I'm wrong. He's talented as can be, but he's a dilettante who never will be what he could be, because he really isn't dedicated to the game. In the words of another poster, he's a "nine-to-fiver." Puts in his time, grabs his check, and he's out. I want him and Stafford (I have no idea about his after-hours habits, but wow, he doesn't show effort in games) off of this team in the worst way.

Yeah, he's a points leader. But his total should be 150%-200% of what it is, given his raw skill. The guy will not amount to a damned thing in this league, even though he's able enough, because he just doesn't care. When he's gone, we'll miss him like we miss John Tucker.

I have taken shots at Connolly involving his after-hours activities, no doubt. I also have taken shots at his lack of on-ice dedication. How many loose pucks pass him by, while he doesn't bother to reach a stick out? How bad can he possibly be in his own end? Has he ever, EVER stuck up for a teammate under pressure, or a teammate being bullied by an opponent? (Has he ever even stuck up for himself?) Do you think he's a good example to younger players?

When he finally played a full season, I watched and gave him a chance. Still, I don't think I'm wrong. He's talented as can be, but he's a dilettante who never will be what he could be, because he really isn't dedicated to the game. In the words of another poster, he's a "nine-to-fiver." Puts in his time, grabs his check, and he's out. I want him and Stafford (I have no idea about his after-hours habits, but wow, he doesn't show effort in games) off of this team in the worst way.

Yeah, he's a points leader. But his total should be 150%-200% of what it is, given his raw skill. The guy will not amount to a damned thing in this league, even though he's able enough, because he just doesn't care. When he's gone, we'll miss him like we miss John Tucker.

1. Do you think Connolly's good enough to be leaving the Sedins, Ovechkins and Crosbys of the NHL in his dust? I mean, take almost a point a game player and double that, and that's what you'd have. Playing for Lindy Ruff, there shouldn't be many complaints about his production.

2. Maybe you're one of these guys who thinks he could have played in the NHL. If only, if only... Many people have little concept of what it takes to get there. They things kids of privilege just get promoted along until they're facing off in the bigs. Guys who aren't dedicated don't make it to the NHL, let alone come back from two serious concussions to stay there.

3. Connolly is the only Sabre who went after Gomez after Gomez ran Miller. Connolly. He's apparently liked and respected in the lockerroom.

4. Connolly is a significant plus player since the lockout, and a great penalty killer. Lazy players who are bad in their own end don't have those things on their resume.

Wow. Quadruple wow. Connolly must have hit on your mother in a drunken stupor.

There have actually been quite a few moments this season where I was surprised by the little bit of edge Connolly showed. Yeah, he isn't doing it all the time, but it definitely stood out at times. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that he's been healthy.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but this Connolly hate is dangerously close to Gaustadian levels. But at least you aren't quite as over the top with it and don't have the same delivery.

There have actually been quite a few moments this season where I was surprised by the little bit of edge Connolly showed. Yeah, he isn't doing it all the time, but it definitely stood out at times. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that he's been healthy.

Anyway, I hate to say it, but this Connolly hate is dangerously close to Gaustadian levels. But at least you aren't quite as over the top with it and don't have the same delivery.

I totally agree with the edge he has shown this year. It has been surprising and refreshing. And I don't hate him, I just think he is a gray cloud.

Archived