GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

I say play Miller and clinch.

What's the hurry?

I almost want to say Ruff should alternate Miller and Lalime from here on out. Miller's numbers look pretty ugly for February and March (ugly for him), and he might be wearing down already. So you end up losing the division and drop to fifth -- so what? The Sabres have no home ice advantage to speak of. Game 1 and they're struggling a bit and the fans start riding them. They play better on the road anyway.

Miller needs some rest.

Good opportunity for the Sabres to regroup and rebound tonight. No time to dwell on the Ottawa loss with the back-to-back games.

Despite a good result against Montreal on Wed. the Sabres came out flat and last night against Ottawa the team looked slow at times.

My guess is Lalime gets the start. Any update on Torres and his injury? I'd like to see his energy and physical play with Roy-Vanek or Connolly-Pominville.

What's the hurry?

I almost want to say Ruff should alternate Miller and Lalime from here on out. Miller's numbers look pretty ugly for February and March (ugly for him), and he might be wearing down already. So you end up losing the division and drop to fifth -- so what? The Sabres have no home ice advantage to speak of. Game 1 and they're struggling a bit and the fans start riding them. They play better on the road anyway.

Miller needs some rest.

Agree on the rest, which is why tonight is the perfect opportunity to clinch against a Tampa Bay team that wouldn't know defense if it jumped up and bit them in the rear.

Clinch tonight, and then give him every other game off the rest of the way, possibly even two in a row.

I disagree on the "play better on the road". Apart from that little winning streak they built against three non-playoff teams, they have been pretty horrible on the road since that west coast swing.

Good point about the fans riding them, but is this a case of Buffalo fans being particularly harsh, or just that they're getting frustrated with things like watching Miller keeping the team in games too often?

Agree on the rest, which is why tonight is the perfect opportunity to clinch against a Tampa Bay team that wouldn't know defense if it jumped up and bit them in the rear.

Clinch tonight, and then give him every other game off the rest of the way, possibly even two in a row.

I disagree on the "play better on the road". Apart from that little winning streak they built against three non-playoff teams, they have been pretty horrible on the road since that west coast swing.

Good point about the fans riding them, but is this a case of Buffalo fans being particularly harsh, or just that they're getting frustrated with things like watching Miller keeping the team in games too often?

People are bored. Why wouldn't they be?

Good opportunity for the Sabres to regroup and rebound tonight. No time to dwell on the Ottawa loss with the back-to-back games.

Despite a good result against Montreal on Wed. the Sabres came out flat and last night against Ottawa the team looked slow at times.

My guess is Lalime gets the start. Any update on Torres and his injury? I'd like to see his energy and physical play with Roy-Vanek or Connolly-Pominville.

I don't think beating Tampa qualifies as a rebound. Nothing done tonight will take away the sting from last nights loss.

Could it be that fans remember a time when just making the playoffs wasn't much of a accomplishment? 16 out 30 do make it. There shouldn't be any celebrating clinching a playoff spot in a weak conference. Two possibly three teams can make the playoffs this year with sub .500 records. The Habs are 37-38, Philly is 37-37 and Boston is a very weak 33-40. Even the Sens are slightly over at 40-35.

Fans are riding this team hard and they should be. This is not a roster full of self motivated players. They have tuned Lindy out so maybe the ringing of boos in their ears will get through to them.

I don't think beating Tampa qualifies as a rebound. Nothing done tonight will take away the sting from last nights loss.

Let's not even go there until they actually win.

They haven't played well barring three "easy" games against bottom feeders, and it wouldn't be the first time a loss against Ottawa sends this team into a tailspin.

I just have this feeling that the Sabres will look dead tonight. Not sure why, injuries or if Lalime plays maybe, I just don't see a strong effort tonight. 5-2 Bolts.

I just have this feeling that the Sabres will look dead tonight. Not sure why, injuries or if Lalime plays maybe, I just don't see a strong effort tonight. 5-2 Bolts.

They usually seem to mail it in when Lalime plays. No matter how well he plays. Hopefully they give some solid effort tonight.

Looking forward to tonight's game. Regardless of the goaltender Sabres will smoke TBL.

I say this because Buttman's face is NO longer on the Sabres landing page.

For the record. Buttman has a tremendous negative accompaniment in many areas and I think Buffalo may top the list.

Having Frazer officiate last night was his way of saying FU Buffalo!!

Looking forward to tonight's game. Regardless of the goaltender Sabres will smoke TBL.

I say this because Buttman's face is NO longer on the Sabres landing page.

For the record. Buttman has a tremendous negative accompaniment in many areas and I think Buffalo may top the list.

Having Frazer officiate last night was his way of saying FU Buffalo!!

That seems perfectly reasonable. He had his chance to screw over Buffalo by moving the team, but instead figured he would have Kerry Frasier call a game a couple years later instead. He's evil I say. EVIL!

Archived