I'm already bored, is the break over yet?

LabattBlue

This is going to be a long two weeks. :(

Let's have a "why I hate the Islanders" discussion to pass the time. Anyone see that game against Ottawa? Ridiculous. No way Ottawa should have even got ONE point out of that. If teams keep handing them points like that, it's going to be a long March. I think it's the "luck of Carrie Underwood".

Let's have a "why I hate the Islanders" discussion to pass the time. Anyone see that game against Ottawa? Ridiculous. No way Ottawa should have even got ONE point out of that. If teams keep handing them points like that, it's going to be a long March. I think it's the "luck of Carrie Underwood".

Wouldn't be a problem if the Sabres didn't hand both Ottawa AND other teams points as well.

Let's not forget some of the earlier Sabres' games were it went the same way, Carolina at home a while back jumps to mind. They all play basically the same schedule and it all evens out in the end.

Only the losers go to great lengths to tell us after the season how "if only if...."

Wouldn't be a problem if the Sabres didn't hand both Ottawa AND other teams points as well.

THIS.

They still have games in hand and they can control their own destiny in a what will be a very crazy condensed 22 game schedule upon their return.

Let's not forget some of the earlier Sabres' games were it went the same way, Carolina at home a while back jumps to mind. They all play basically the same schedule and it all evens out in the end.

Only the losers go to great lengths to tell us after the season how "if only if...."

I didn't want logic, I wanted to hate the Islanders and bring up Carrie Underwood while I was at it. :rolleyes:

There have been some pretty big "if only if" motzaballs (sic) hanging out there after Sabres seasons came to an end. 75 -- if only if the bat had rabies and had bitten Bernie Parent; 80 -- if only if we hadn't have so many days off before facing the Islanders; 93 -- if only if LaFontaine and Mogilny had stayed healthy and Hasek had been the Dominator a year earlier; 99 -- if only if...; 06 -- if only if the microbes had cooperated.

I am sure you don't subscribe to any of those. :)

There have been some pretty big "if only if" motzaballs (sic) hanging out there after Sabres seasons came to an end. 75 -- if only if the bat had rabies and had bitten Bernie Parent; 80 -- if only if we hadn't have so many days off before facing the Islanders; 93 -- if only if LaFontaine and Mogilny had stayed healthy and Hasek had been the Dominator a year earlier; 99 -- if only if...; 06 -- if only if the microbes had cooperated.

I am sure you don't subscribe to any of those. :)

Some day when I'm bored, I will put together a whole TW manifesto on the role I think luck plays in sports outcomes, both in specific games and in organizational decisions.

For now I will say they the only "what if" that lingers for me is what if James Patrick's shot hits lower on the cross bar and goes in. I have talked to quite a few players, both ex- Sabres and a few Stars who will tell you that the Stars were terrified of going back to Dallas for game seven. They were a battered bunch.

For now I will say they the only "what if" that lingers for me is what if James Patrick's shot hits lower on the cross bar and goes in. I have talked to quite a few players, both ex- Sabres and a few Stars who will tell you that the Stars were terrified of going back to Dallas for game seven. They were a battered bunch.

Well, now I'm depressed.

For those uninterested in the Olympics or Olympic hockey, the 2-weeks may be boring and long, but, when the NHL is back, versus will have a loaded lineup. They just added games and a new hockey show for after the Olympic break.

Week after Olympics on Versus-

March 1: Detroit at Colorado, 9 p.m. ET.

March 2: Philadelphia at Tampa Bay, 7:30 p.m. ET.

March 2: New Jersey at San Jose, 10:30 p.m. ET (will not air in New Jersey or San Jose).

March 3: Washington at Buffalo, 7 p.m. ET (will not air in Washington or Buffalo).

March 3: Philadelphia at Florida, 7:30 p.m. ET (airs only in Washington and Buffalo)

March 4: Pittsburgh at New York Rangers, 7 p.m. ET (will not air in Pittsburgh or New York).

March 4: Toronto at Boston, 7 p.m. ET (airs only in Pittburgh and Buffalo).

And

Starting March 2, Versus will also begin airing Honda Drive to the Playoffs on Tuesday nights 30 minutes before "Hockey Central."

A 30-minute pre-game show will be aired Monday, March 1, and Wednesday, March 3.

Link- http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Versus-pumps-post-Olympic-NHL-coverage?urn=nhl,219774

I do hope NHL can work out some kind of deal with ESPN, give them Thursday night hockey and some playoffs, BUT, it will be a shame if NHL leaves versus. They treat the NHL like gods. Just hope they get that direct tv deal worked out for those with that problem...

Archived