GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

My argument becomes weaker and weaker each game, but while the Senators are listed ahead of the Sabres, one actually can't order them at this point. The Sabres are between 1 point behind and 3 points ahead, because they have two games-in-hand.

You're really pushing it.

If Dominic Moore is worth a 2nd round pick, I'd like to think that Roy or Pomms is worth more than that. Hecht, well pucks would be nice.

I think Stafford's time is up here too. Another head issue. That's the common theme. The team has talent, just too many headcases.

Roy, you might be right. Pommers...it's the salary. If he only made what Dominic Moore made, then yeah, definitely a 1st or 2nd. Hell, if he made less, he'd be a steal, and we'd just keep him!

My thousand points of light,...well four anyway.

-For all the scorn aimed at Roy, I shudder to think what this team would be without him.

-I'm not on the Rivet has been playing horrible bandwagon. Lydman as well. They both have made mistakes but everyone makes mistakes during a game. I actually think Lydman has been playing well.

-I just don't think the system (and yes, it is a system) is getting the most out of these players.

-We've lost 10 of 12. oof. I don't even care about the standings or points for overtime. I just want them to win and this has been a rough stretch.

I did not watch the game tonight. I worked 7 to 7:30, and had too much to do tonight to watch it. I did however, fast forward through it and watch / dissect the goals. The OT winner was just a falt out atrocious play. Butler passes it up the neutral zone to no one. Vanek passes it back to no one. Montador trys to lose the forechecker, falls. Jussi(?) Then throws the puck in front, and no one picks up(Samsonov?)

There needs to be some moves made here. I doubt Darcy's ability and more so, his desire, to get anything significant done.

Does Thomas Vanek still play for the Sabres?

I'm really wishing that Edmonton offer sheet wasn't matched. Clearly the guy is skilled, talented, but it's his head that is the problem. It is so hard to figure out the head.

You're right! It's his head! But kudos to him for working it out of his system. It can take a long time. Look at Connolly - his is almost a miraculous recovery from his multiple concussions.

Methinks, the fractured jaw/comcussion was more severe in terms of recovery because of the

several different functions the jaw is involved with in human survival. Until NHL officiating assumes a quality control beyond reproach those already injured need to be concerned and that is what is slowing Vanek down. Only time and steady progress - which he has done - will restore his goal scoring prowess.

Go Buffalo Sabres! Go USA!!!

I didn't watch it in favor of playing hockey instead. Who blew it this time?

Montador while circling behind Miller trips without any Canes contact coughing up the puck as he fell. And then almost instantaneously Sutter shoots the puck across the crease and to add insult to injury Montador tips the puck to Samsonov and goal against.

Yep, after he coughed it up if he hadn't redirected Sutter's pass through the crease no harm would have been done! He must feel like a double goat - whatever that means! I'm sure he will let us know!!!

I did not watch the game tonight. I worked 7 to 7:30, and had too much to do tonight to watch it. I did however, fast forward through it and watch / dissect the goals. The OT winner was just a falt out atrocious play. Butler passes it up the neutral zone to no one. Vanek passes it back to no one. Montador trys to lose the forechecker, falls. Jussi(?) Then throws the puck in front, and no one picks up(Samsonov?)

There needs to be some moves made here. I doubt Darcy's ability and more so, his desire, to get anything significant done.

This is a good point. Yes Montador fell down, but then the goal was scored because the other 3 guys on the ice were standing around picking their ######.

The Sabres are really pushing it ... their lead, I mean. However, my logic is sound:

post-1053-12659466638882_thumb.jpg

Listen. Look. You boasted once about working someplace where everyone can qualify for membership in MENSA. Fantastic. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what a game in hand is. Give it a rest.

X.

carp

Who's next?

Listen. Look. You boasted once about working someplace where everyone can qualify for membership in MENSA. Fantastic. I'm pretty sure everyone here knows what a game in hand is. Give it a rest.

X.

carp

Who's next?

Oh yeah? Well ...

PA

DID YOU FEEL THAT?!! HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW?!!!

Miller is golden brown on his way to being toast. Way to go, Lindy. Nice goalie management. If you didn't trust Lalime then get a goalie you like, don't burn out your #1. The Sabres are back to where they were last year, losing to the bottom-dwellers and playing our way out of the playoffs.

PTR

With the Olympics coming up it made perfect sense to give Miller a breather, especially considering his play as of late.

To tell players that are already making way to many mistakes that reacting quicker with less hesitation will help solve the problem is just plain ignorant in my opinion. :angry:

Archived