GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

It's the system.

Carolina had two odd man opportunities ON TWO CONSECUTIVE RUSHES.

When is the last time the Sabres had an odd man rush?

It's the system.

WHAT system? You do realize that, as early as the road trip out west, the system of sound defense was completely abandoned for defensemen pinching and forwards playing two deep on the forecheck, right? The "system" of strong defense and playing a 1-2-2 type of forecheck hasn't been part of Lindy's forte in a good month. No, the problems all started with the scorers not scoring, then the defensemen being asked to join the rush and spark the offense, then everybody using their ###### for brains for about a month now, passing and shooting as badly as they possibly could, game after game.

It's still LIndy's fault, IMO, but this B.S. about blaming the "system" is old.

It's the system.

Carolina had two odd man opportunities ON TWO CONSECUTIVE RUSHES.

When is the last time the Sabres had an odd man rush?

It's the system.

That definitely has some legs. I do not recall them early in the season pinching in as much as they do now and allowing these many odd man rushes the other way. So either they were pinching and covering better thereby going unoticed or we got a little full of ourselves and in an effort to create more offense Lindy opened it up for the defense but doesn't have the rest of the team playing it well.

The only real reason to be worried is the goaltending situation. I think that the break will do this team a lot of good and re-adjust attitudes/psyches. If Lindy can just trust Lalime more, or convince Darcy to bring in a backup he will trust, I think this team can have a good final stretch.

But if Miller keeps up this pace after the Olympics, it's very likely to be disastrous.

WHAT system? You do realize that, as early as the road trip out west, the system of sound defense was completely abandoned for defensemen pinching and forwards playing two deep on the forecheck, right? The "system" of strong defense and playing a 1-2-2 type of forecheck hasn't been part of Lindy's forte in a good month. No, the problems all started with the scorers not scoring, then the defensemen being asked to join the rush and spark the offense, then everybody using their ###### for brains for about a month now, passing and shooting as badly as they possibly could, game after game.

It's still LIndy's fault, IMO, but this B.S. about blaming the "system" is old.

Why are we arguing if we agree?

Losing does that to people.

I just think it's funny that some people think that the D jumping into the play isn't the system. If Lindy didn't want them to do it they wouldn't do it. And I don't even care about that aspect of it.

Why are we arguing if we agree?

LOL But we don't agree. You're blaming a system that doesn't exist. We have players that have their heads up their rear ends and a coach who obviously has trouble getting the shoehorn out. Big difference than it being his system, which, if we had smarter players and Ruff was a tougher coach, would actually be working.

LOL But we don't agree. You're blaming a system that doesn't exist. We have players that have their heads up their rear ends and a coach who obviously has trouble getting the shoehorn out. Big difference than it being his system, which, if we had smarter players and Ruff was a tougher coach, would actually be working.

Whenever I watch a feed from an opposing team, they always talk about anticipating Buffalo's d-men jumping into the play. It's pretty well-established this is part of their gameplan. Lindy may have softened a bit this season, but he didn't soften THAT much.

Whenever I watch a feed from an opposing team, they always talk about anticipating Buffalo's d-men jumping into the play. It's pretty well-established this is part of their gameplan. Lindy may have softened a bit this season, but he didn't soften THAT much.

Yes, one d-man at a time, with a forward ALWAYS covering the point for him. But since the road trip, Lindy's pinching BOTH d-men and obviously allowing the forwards to hang inside the dots because he's desperate for scoring and is willing to allow some odd-man rushes. But even he isn't thinking that should mean three-on-nones, I'm sure.

Yes, one d-man at a time, with a forward ALWAYS covering the point for him. But since the road trip, Lindy's pinching BOTH d-men and obviously allowing the forwards to hang inside the dots because he's desperate for scoring and is willing to allow some odd-man rushes. But even he isn't thinking that should mean three-on-nones, I'm sure.

...wouldn't that make it 'the system' then? Even if it's a 'tweaked' system?

Either way, it's clearly a problem.

Archived