Hecht an Olympian

SabresFan526

Hopefully this does not mean he goes back to "Slumping Jochen" from the last year or two.

I hope not as well. He's been red hot along with Connolly and Pominville. That line has been fantastic during this 13 game stretch. Hopefully, the drive and motivation will continue to be there till the Olympics and after the Olympics.

It was a joke he wasn't on the list to begin with. LIke Germany has anyone better than Jochen Hecht. He might not be the best NHL Player but he's solid and it's not like Germany has a ton of options.

It doesn't matter what Krupp and Ruff want to say publically. That was a completely motivational move.

It doesn't matter what Krupp and Ruff want to say publically. That was a completely motivational move.

So Lindy gives Uwe a call and asks him to hold off adding Hecht to the team until he gets his game going? That would be great if true.

So Lindy gives Uwe a call and asks him to hold off adding Hecht to the team until he gets his game going? That would be great if true.

I'm speaking more about Lindy's comments saying that Hecht isn't the kind of guy who would pick up his play because of the so called snub. I don't buy that for a second. There's not a doubt in my mind though that Krupp and Ruff have been in contact at some point about Hecht's status. Even with Ruff coaching Canada, there is going to be communication with any coach who has a player on these teams.

I'm speaking more about Lindy's comments saying that Hecht isn't the kind of guy who would pick up his play because of the so called snub. I don't buy that for a second. There's not a doubt in my mind though that Krupp and Ruff have been in contact at some point about Hecht's status. Even with Ruff coaching Canada, there is going to be communication with any coach who has a player on these teams.

I'm willing to buy into the theory that Hecht's great play over the last 3 weeks or so is due to extra motivation because of the original snub.

But here's my question...should it be THAT hard for a professional athlete to simply motivate himself without any outside factors? It seems to happen in every sport. Players just seem to work sooooo much harder when there's a new contract on the line or if they feel they've been disrespected. Shouldn't the motivation of wanting to win the Stanley Cup be enough to fuel a player for a few months without outside factors? Maybe I'm naive...

I'm willing to buy into the theory that Hecht's great play over the last 3 weeks or so is due to extra motivation because of the original snub.

But here's my question...should it be THAT hard for a professional athlete to simply motivate himself without any outside factors? It seems to happen in every sport. Players just seem to work sooooo much harder when there's a new contract on the line or if they feel they've been disrespected. Shouldn't the motivation of wanting to win the Stanley Cup be enough to fuel a player for a few months without outside factors? Maybe I'm naive...

It's going to vary from sport to sport, but with the season being as long as it is, I can't imagine a player NOT losing focus at some point. It's basic human nature. I know I don't bring the same level of focus each day at work.

You're a paid employee too right? Do you bring your A-game in everyday?

Is it THAT hard for a professional employee to simply motivate himself without any outside factors?

Is it THAT hard for a professional employee to simply motivate himself without any outside factors?

I don't think chilling in an office really compares to a competitive sport but I see your point.

I'm not talking about a day-to-day basis. Sure, there are going to be individual days where every player isn't really "feeling it".

What I'm talking about is...did Jochen simply underachieve for about 1.5 whole seasons before suddenly turning on the jets when this whole Olympic snub thing went down? From a production standpoint, he's playing some of the better hockey in his career (11 points in 11 games). Now, that's a small sample size so maybe it's a coincidence. But if this is indicative of how he's truly capable of playing, then why was he a complete non-factor for the entire 08-09 season and the first half of this season too?

Yeah, I know he's not a point per game player...never was. But he's proven he could still be a 50 point player. So why was that player in hiding for so long?

It's going to vary from sport to sport, but with the season being as long as it is, I can't imagine a player NOT losing focus at some point. It's basic human nature. I know I don't bring the same level of focus each day at work.

I would agree on that, and let's not forget these guys are usually carrying bumps and bruises of varying kinds from game three and onwards.

That said, I still think some of Hecht's problems the past two seasons have come from him being played at center.

Archived