What's your opinion so far on the 09-10 Sabres

NowDoYouBelieve

What do you think of the team's chances this season?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion?

• This is an elite hockey team. Anything less than a division title and a deep run in the playoffs would surprise and disappoint me. This just might be our Cup season.
    • This is a very good team that will hold its own in any given playoff series. A deep run in the playoffs wouldn't shock me.
    • This is a good hockey team, but I just can't envision the Cup visiting Buffalo this year.
    • I think they make the playoffs based on all the points they have in the bank, but a 7 seed is just as likely as a 2 seed.
    • Sorry, but based on the last two seasons I'm still not convinced this is a playoff team. Maybe I'll reconsider at the 3/4 pole.

I picked this choice...

This is a good hockey team, but I just can't envision the Cup visiting Buffalo this year.

I think the combination of a top 6 not built for the tougher sledding in the playoffs and the lack of playoff experience on the blueline(Myers, Sekera & Butler) will outweigh Miller's improved play.

That being said, I could easily see them winning 1 or maybe even 2 rounds depending on the matchup.

I voted for the second option, although I kind of think it is a combination of 2 and 3 ... I can't envision the Cup visiting Buffalo this year, but a deep run would not shock me.

I like what I see developing with the team chemistry. I think we have enough depth on the defensive side, barring injuries. I would like to see them add a seasoned forward with playoff experience, somebody with the grier mindset but with better scoring abilities.

Depends on the opponents they draw. IF Miller can stay hot and IF the big guns start to score, they should at least be able to and maybe past the second round. If they can add the right player at the trade deadline and get hot, they might be able to get to the Finals. From there, who knows?

I picked this choice...

This is a good hockey team, but I just can't envision the Cup visiting Buffalo this year.

I think the combination of a top 6 not built for the tougher sledding in the playoffs and the lack of playoff experience on the blueline(Myers, Sekera & Butler) will outweigh Miller's improved play.

That being said, I could easily see them winning 1 or maybe even 2 rounds depending on the matchup.

I was going to give my reason for picking that answer, but apparently we're on the same page with this team. Agreed on all points.

I went with option two, and I really could see this team making the finals. I don't EXPECT them to, but it wouldn't surprise me, either. I think the blend of top goaltending, strong defense, balanced scoring, a nice mix of youth and experience, solid coaching and the ability to win close games gives this team a real shot.

That is, unless we have to face Ottawa.

This is a very good team that will hold its own in any given playoff series. A deep run in the playoffs wouldn't shock me

Feel pretty comfortable making this call as we're half way thru the season.

Miller is likely to cool off a little, but, even then, he's still top 5. Must keep him healthy.

Defense has been incredibly solid and consistent. Myers! Montador much better than I had hoped. A Sekera, who has been much better this year, can't get ice time?

Offensively, not dynamic, but committed and playing their system night in/night out. Didn't realize how much Grier means to the lineup until he came back.

IF they can get a PP, their achilles heel so far, the team could be dangerous.

I'm all in.... I believe..

Goal tending .. check

edit: scoring .. NOT YET

defense .. check

coaching .. check

edit: fans..CHECK

I can't give the blank check on the scoring just yet. We do have balanced scoring, yes, but our total scoring output and powerplay needs to kick up a notch before I'll check that box. Regarding the fans, I think we have one of the best, if not THE best, fan bases in the NHL. HUGE check on that one.

I can't give the blank check on the scoring just yet. We do have balanced scoring, yes, but our total scoring output and powerplay needs to kick up a notch before I'll check that box. Regarding the fans, I think we have one of the best, if not THE best, fan bases in the NHL. HUGE check on that one.

Unlike others, I believe that the Sabres have enough scoring to win. With the style of game they are playing, they don't have to score four goals each night. A couple of years ago they did. Not this year.

Regarding the fans, I'm only commenting that most are waiting for the sky to drop on their head rather than enjoy their first place team.

Archived