"Official" Portland Pirates Thread

LabattBlue

Starting tomorrow (1/18/09) you can follow the All-Star Classic on Maine Hockey Journal as we provide wall-to-wall coverage of the event. Mark Edwards, DJ Abisalih and myself will be bring it with player interviews, live chats and stories from the skills competition, game, AHL state of the league and Hall of Fame Induction.

It's should be a blast for all and I hope you join us as Portland becomes only one of four cities to hold the ASC more than once.

Portland wins 3-2 in a SO. Gogulla and Gerbe with the goals in regulation. Ennis, Gragnani, Scheistel and Byron with 1 assist each. Enroth with the win. Despite the win, all three stars went to Lowell players. :blink:

Swift, I could see, as he was the only multi-point player and was a +2. The other forward is hard to judge without having seen the game. However, Enroth faced more shots (32 versus 26), let in the same number during regulation, then stopped all shooters in the SO (their goalie let in 3 of 4.) I don't see how their goalie got the star instead.

Pirates remain steady at the helm

Published on: 27th January, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – Patience is a virtue and for the Portland Pirates to have any success in the future they’ll need plenty of patience.

Tonight was a good start for the Pirates as they hung in tough with the Manchester Monarchs before edging them out, 3-2, in a shootout victory in front of 2,260 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Tuesday night.

Link>>>>

Mancari’s heroics help the Pirates secure the win

Published on: 30th January, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – It’s probably one of the most important goals Mark Mancari has ever scored so far in his career.

With less than a second to play in the game, Mancari’s slap shot found the back of the net, sending the game into overtime where he also scored the lone goal in the shootout as the Portland Pirates prevailed, 3-2, over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers in front of 3,313 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on a blustery cold Friday night.

Link>>>>>>

Pirates win back-to-back, 2-1, over Bridgeport

Published on: 30th January, 2010 by Mark Edwards

Portland, ME – Jeff Cowan and Derek Whitmore provided the offense and Jhonas Enroth shone as the Portland Pirates earned a 2-1 victory over the Bridgeport Sound Tigers on Saturday night in front of 6,200 at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Link>>>

The Pirates held an outdoor practice today at Mill Creek Park in South Portland... It was a pretty cool event as they had three games of shinny going on at the same time.

Here's some photos that I took of the day.

Link....

PS.. I have some video of the day and a story as well coming up later today. I just wanted to get this out for everyone to check out.

Archived