"Official" Portland Pirates Thread

LabattBlue

Portland wins 2-0 tonight. Enroth with 39 saves to get the shutout. Schutz and Caruana scored the Portland goals. They are 6-0-3 in their last 9 games.

Nice.. between JP doing well and Enroth coming back to form this is good news for the Pirates

Did Enroth's rejuvenation start after that one Sabres game he played?

WooHoo! Lalime is on his game! :lol:

http://theahl.com/stats/game-summary.php?game_id=1006410

Actually, not bad despite the loss. 2.00 GAA, 32/34 = 94 S% and the only two goals he let in were when they were short handed; the second coming at the end of a nearly two-minute 5-on-3.

Edit: oops, still going on. Is 2-2 now and Patty is up to 34/36.

I actually went to the game since I live in "Manch-vegas." Pirates looked very sharp. Can't believe how small Gerbe is. Monarchs used to pull 9,000+ weekends and 5,000 mid-week. If there were 1,100 fans in the building I'd be surprised. A real shame.

port1.jpg

port2.jpg

PTR

Hey, I live in Manchester as well! Nice to know there is a fellow Buffalo fan around.

Hey, I live in Manchester as well! Nice to know there is a fellow Buffalo fan around.

My first post! I'm another Born in Buffalo expatriate now living in Manchester. It's nice to have this site to go to, as the Boston bandwagon fans and press in N.E. are hard to take, and Jack Edwards on the Bruins telecasts is beyond obnoxious. True blue Sabres fans are nice to find, and maybe you, PTR and I can meet some time to catch a game. I would have been at the Monarchs/Pirates game this week but was sick.

BTW, I do know several other Buffalonians in this region, but I don't think they post on this site (yet!)

Cheers!

PM

My first post! I'm another Born in Buffalo expatriate now living in Manchester. It's nice to have this site to go to, as the Boston bandwagon fans and press in N.E. are hard to take, and Jack Edwards on the Bruins telecasts is beyond obnoxious. True blue Sabres fans are nice to find, and maybe you, PTR and I can meet some time to catch a game. I would have been at the Monarchs/Pirates game this week but was sick.

BTW, I do know several other Buffalonians in this region, but I don't think they post on this site (yet!)

Cheers!

PM

Portlland plays Manchester Sat Jan 2, Fri Mar 19, and Fri Mar 9. We sshould get a group together.

PTR

Portlland plays Manchester Sat Jan 2, Fri Mar 19, and Fri Mar 9. We sshould get a group together.

PTR

Like the idea! April 9th is the best date for me, as it looks like I have commitments on the others. Should be plenty of good seats left then, since most folks stop going to the games after February! We can make plans as the date gets closer...

PM

Like the idea! April 9th is the best date for me, as it looks like I have commitments on the others. Should be plenty of good seats left then, since most folks stop going to the games after February! We can make plans as the date gets closer...

PM

Trust me. A lack of tickets is not a reason to worry. Even now it's buy a cheap seat and sit where you want.

PTR

Good on Weber, Ennis not quite as significant. I think that stat is generally more important for defensemen than forwards since they tend to log the most even strength ice time. Ennis should level out with the other forwards as the year goes on. A couple real bad or good plus/minus games can drastically change the numbers.

BTW, I noticed Gragnani is posting a solid +4, which is real nice to see. He's very offensive minded, and two years ago logged a miserable -24. Even more than Weber, I think Grags is the d-man that we really need to jump to the next level because of the puck carrying and scoring skills he can bring to the table.

Archived