"Official" Portland Pirates Thread

LabattBlue

Any update on Enroth?

You will get an update as soon as you give me the phone numbers of each woman in your avatar photo.

Oh, and Fla. State is playing here this weekend, which is the real reason I'm posting. Apparently, there's some sort of academic quiz bowl or something--nah, I'm kidding. It's Florida State. It's basketball. You might win!

You will get an update as soon as you give me the phone numbers of each woman in your avatar photo.

Oh, and Fla. State is playing here this weekend, which is the real reason I'm posting. Apparently, there's some sort of academic quiz bowl or something--nah, I'm kidding. It's Florida State. It's basketball. You might win!

Couldn't talk to wife into taking a pic of me with the cheerleaders, so I couldn't get any #'s. Sorry.

Figures the Noles would pull the Buffalo regional when I am stuck just over three hours away. Just my luck.

FSU won't win if they play like they did against NC State, though. They looked awful the other night.

Now that a decent number of college seasons are over, is there any word on some decent ATO options? One draftee that comes to mind is Alex Biega, but I can't see him leaving short of graduation since it's Harvard and he's paid the whole way. The blueline seems a bit full right now too.

Snowe pleased the Pirates are sticking around

Published on: 22nd March, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME While the country has been in debate over health care reform, Maine Senator Olympia Snowe took time out to release a statement on the Portland Pirates staying in Portland for the next years.

Link>>>

Pirates earn 3-2 Win over Hartford despite key call ups

Published on: 28th March, 2010 by Mark Edwards

Portland, ME—The Portland Pirates entered Sunday afternoon’s tilt against the Hartford Wolf Pack with a playoff spot secured, but without their three top forwards.

Nathan Gerbe and Mark Mancari were recalled to Buffalo on Sunday morning, following Tyler Ennis being recalled on Friday.

Link>>>>

Ennis named to AHL All-Rookie Team

Published on: 31st March, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – It’s that time of the year and the ballots have been collected and tallied, and it’s time to start announcing the winners for the annual awards in the AHL.

It’s starting off strong for the Portland Pirates as forward Tyler Ennis has been named to the AHL All-Rookie Team for 2009-’10.

Link>>>>

P-Bruins storm from behind to defeat the Pirates

Published on: 4th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The Providence Bruins tied the game with less than minute to play and Kirk MacDonald scored the game-winning goal in overtime for the Bruins as they came from behind to defeat the Portland Pirates, 3-2, in front of 3,926 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Sunday afternoon.

Link>>>>

Pirates in search for backup goalie

Published on: 6th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates are in the market for a backup goaltender.

Todd Ford was been sent back to the South Carolina Stingrays of the ECHL in order to take part in their opening round playoff matchup against the Cincinnati Cyclones.

Link>>>>

Pirates sign goaltender Erickson to fill backup role

Published on: 7th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

After releasing goaltender Todd Ford back to South Carolina of the ECHL in order to take part in the first round of their divisional series against the Cincinnati Cyclones, the Portland Pirates have signed Beau Erickson to a professional tryout.

Link>>>>

Playoff picture comes into focus as Pirates stumble

Published on: 11th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – The good news is the Portland Pirates are heading to the playoffs with home ice advantage in the first round.

That said it won’t matter very much if the Pirates put up an effort like they did tonight against the Lowell Devils.

Ben Walter scored a goal and an assist, and former Pirates’ goalie Mike McKenna made 32 saves as Devils thoroughly outplayed the Pirates, 5-2, in front of a raucous crowd of 5,656 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Saturday night.

Link>>>>

VIDEO: Portland Pirates Post Game Report – 04/10/10

Published on: 11th April, 2010 by Mark Edwards

Portland, ME — Mark Edwards recaps the Portland Pirates 5-2 loss to the Lowell Devils on a night when they secure home ice for the first round of the playoffs

Link>>>>

Pirates end the season with winning on their mind

Published on: 12th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – It was a much better effort by the Portland Pirates.

A night after playing one of their worse games of the season, the Pirates rebounded in their season finale after defeating the Worcester Sharks, 5-1, in front of 5,779 at the Cumberland County Civic Center on Sunday afternoon.

Link>>>>

Pirates begin to prep for Monarchs

Published on: 13th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates hit the ice today for the first time since finishing out the regular season on Sunday afternoon, and are beginning preparation for their first round match up against the Manchester Monarchs.

Link>>>>

Pirates open Round 1 vs. Manchester on Friday

Published on: 15th April, 2010 by Mark Edwards

The Portland Pirates begin their push for the 2010 Calder Cup on home ice against the Manchester Monarchs on Friday, April 16th. Portland owns a 7-2-1-0 regular season record against Manchester, but no one in red, black, and white is going to take the Monarchs lightly.

Link>>>>

Notes from Pirates practice — 04/15/10

Published on: 15th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

The Portland Pirates hit the ice this morning for what will be their final practice before the first game of their best-of-seven semifinal series against the Manchester Monarchs, which gets underway on Friday at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Link>>>>

Pirates let game one get away

Published on: 16th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME – A pair of third period goals by the Manchester Monarchs were enough to give them game one of the best-of-seven Atlantic Division semifinal series, 2-1, over the Portland Pirates in front of an intimate crowd at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Link>>>>

Poor start leads to a poor finish for Pirates

Published on: 17th April, 2010 by Chris Roy

Portland, ME It was a first period the Portland Pirates would like to forget.

The Manchester Monarchs scored three goals in the first period en route to a 3-1 win over the Pirates in front of 3,606 at the Cumberland County Civic Center.

Links>>>>

Luke Adam impresses Dineen in first pro game

Published on: 17th April, 2010 by Mark Edwards

Portland, ME—For about two weeks after the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles were eliminated from the QMJHL playoffs in late March, Buffalo Sabres prospect Luke Adam was hangin’ loose away from the ice. Before he could get too comfortable though, the Sabres and Portland Pirates came calling. Adam now finds himself thrust into the 2010 Calder Cup Playoffs for his first taste of professional hockey.

Link>>>>

Archived