Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League

nobody

Round one of the SabresSpace fantasy hockey playoffs is complete...... UPSET is the word of the week!

The Unbearables (#8 seed) beats up on Tom Wesbter (#1 seed) 10-4.

Nobody (#5 seed) after entering Sunday down 7-8, beats Status Que (#4 seed) 8-7.

Vanek-man (#6 seed) upsets ThePebble19 (#3 seed) 10-6.

LabattBlue (#2 seed) is TIED with A Team Named Goo (#7 seed) 7-7. With all the games done, i wonder what the try breaker will be. Yahoo won't officially update the playoff bracket until middle of the night tonight so who knows? I'm guessing LabattBlue wins due to a better regular season record, but idk....

Good stuff guys.

Round one of the SabresSpace fantasy hockey playoffs is complete...... UPSET is the word of the week!

Nobody (#5 seed) after entering Sunday down 7-8, beats Status Que (#4 seed) 8-7.

LabattBlue (#2 seed) is TIED with A Team Named Goo (#7 seed) 7-7. With all the games done, i wonder what the try breaker will be. Yahoo won't officially update the playoff bracket until middle of the night tonight so who knows? I'm guessing LabattBlue wins due to a better regular season record, but idk....

Good stuff guys.

He'll win because Hiller wasn't credited with his win yet, which will take one category away from me.

Thanks OV you asswipe. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have had 2 shots on goal this week to take that category... :censored:

He'll win because Hiller wasn't credited with his win yet, which will take one category away from me.

Thanks OV you asswipe. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't have had 2 shots on goal this week to take that category... :censored:

You should be thanking him. He had to hand deliver you SOGs, points and goals most weeks. He also probably chipped in some decent PIMs too. :thumbsup: Next year, leave him for someone else to draft and pay him back...

This years playoffs went as the regular season did. All goal-tending and not enough scoring. I believe the core of my team is getting better. It's not about winning one Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League title. I am building a team to win several Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League titles in the coming years. Did I mention the injuries? Losing Booth for a big part of the season and not having Brian Campbell for the playoffs hurt. I will take the next few weeks of the off-season and do a thorough evaluation of not just the roster but the entire organization as a whole. The time to rebuild your team is not at the deadline it is the off-season. Unless you have a core of players like mine then no changes will be needed. Just maybe a tweak here and there for some veteran leadership and adding some "compete" to the roster. I will also be looking to add as many Adam Mair wannabees to my minor league affiliate as I can.

Good stuff guys.

Looking at the numbers from last week I'll be lucky to go 1-15 against The Unbearables this week.

With the end of the Sharks/Aves game, the semi-finals have ended.

Unbearables (#8 seed) beats Nobody (#5 seed) 11-3.

Vanek-Man (#6 seed) beats Labatt Blue (#2 seed) 8-5.

Great series LabattBlue. The shots on goal and PP Assists were all up for grabs all weekend. In fact, the PPA were tieed 8-8 and i was only up by like 3 shots at like 7pm Sunday with Parise and Heatley to go for you, but Duchene got a bunch of shots and a PPA and Clarkson had a strong game.

Unbearables vs. Vanek-man in the Sabrespace.com Final!

Great series LabattBlue. The shots on goal and PP Assists were all up for grabs all weekend. In fact, the PPA were tieed 8-8 and i was only up by like 3 shots at like 7pm Sunday with Parise and Heatley to go for you, but Duchene got a bunch of shots and a PPA and Clarkson had a strong game.

In a surprise twist the commissioner of the league disqualifies Unbearables. ;)

Congrats to Unbearables & Vanek-man. Hoping all of your players play at the top of their games.

The defending champ goes down thanks to poor goaltending. Congrats and good luck in the finals.

Just wanted to say congratulations to Unbearables for being winning the Sabrespace.com fantasy hockey league!!! We actually tied our finals series 7-7 but since his team destroyed me during the regular season, he wins via tie breaker, none the less, a win is a win. LabattBlue beats nobody 8-4 to win third place. Congrats to you as well.

I had a great time playing with you guys this year, and losing on a tie score is tough, i would have preferred losing straight out lol but it was def the most fun i've had playing fantasy sports in a long long time.

Once again, congrats to Unbearables. Btw, who are you on the forum? I just wanna know who beat me for the title.

Just wanted to say congratulations to Unbearables for being winning the Sabrespace.com fantasy hockey league!!! We actually tied our finals series 7-7 but since his team destroyed me during the regular season, he wins via tie breaker, none the less, a win is a win. LabattBlue beats nobody 8-4 to win third place. Congrats to you as well.

I had a great time playing with you guys this year, and losing on a tie score is tough, i would have preferred losing straight out lol but it was def the most fun i've had playing fantasy sports in a long long time.

Once again, congrats to Unbearables. Btw, who are you on the forum? I just wanna know who beat me for the title.

Excellent match Vanek-Man. [Handshake at center ice.] Did you watch the Vancouver - Minnesota game? Our players were major in it. After Kesler scored shorthanded you were ahead. You were briefly ahead in shots on goal. (Duchesne, earlier in the night, was awesome.) Minnesota would have the puck and I'd be wishing Burns to pass to Zidlicky so that Zidlicky would take a shot, not Burns. Then at the end, Edler scores empty net: it seemed like merely icing on the cake, as it put me up by 2 goals . . . except that it was big, because a minute later Miettinen scored (you'd have jumped into at least a tie in shot % as well as goals - and won the match - without the Edler goal).

I turned it off thinking it was a shared league title - which, essentially, it is.

It was fun. It was (barely) bearable.

I enjoyed it. Who wouldn't - getting the better end of two tie breakers (I got in the playoffs that way too)? I don't post much, but I'm well aware of who the other players are: Your analysis, wit, irrererence and (mostly) civility shine through on this board.

Congrats. It takes the sting away knowing I lost to the eventual champion who happens to be a good guy.

To elaborate a little: A 3 way tiebreak for 7th - 9th left me seeded 8th, which (vs. Tom Webster) was a much better match up for me than Labatt Blue. Pretty lucky not to be 7th.

I had enough offense. However (if I may engage in a little hockey speak here), goaltending wins championships. Rinne got hot at the right time, and it paid off. More good fortune: for the regular season I was near or at the bottom in every goaltending stat except losses (because my guys rarely played! - I got nicked one week for not making minimum games).

To elaborate a little: A 3 way tiebreak for 7th - 9th left me seeded 8th, which (vs. Tom Webster) was a much better match up for me than Labatt Blue. Pretty lucky not to be 7th.

I had enough offense. However (if I may engage in a little hockey speak here), goaltending wins championships. Rinne got hot at the right time, and it paid off. More good fortune: for the regular season I was near or at the bottom in every goaltending stat except losses (because my guys rarely played! - I got nicked one week for not making minimum games).

Congratulations Midnight / Unbearables! Well done!

Also congrats to Vanek-Man for a hard fought finals.

Excellent match Vanek-Man. [Handshake at center ice.] Did you watch the Vancouver - Minnesota game? Our players were major in it. After Kesler scored shorthanded you were ahead. You were briefly ahead in shots on goal. (Duchesne, earlier in the night, was awesome.) Minnesota would have the puck and I'd be wishing Burns to pass to Zidlicky so that Zidlicky would take a shot, not Burns. Then at the end, Edler scores empty net: it seemed like merely icing on the cake, as it put me up by 2 goals . . . except that it was big, because a minute later Miettinen scored (you'd have jumped into at least a tie in shot % as well as goals - and won the match - without the Edler goal).

I turned it off thinking it was a shared league title - which, essentially, it is.

It was fun. It was (barely) bearable.

I enjoyed it. Who wouldn't - getting the better end of two tie breakers (I got in the playoffs that way too)? I don't post much, but I'm well aware of who the other players are: Your analysis, wit, irrererence and (mostly) civility shine through on this board.

LOL yeah. All week it was close. So many categories were so tight that you just never knew what was going to happen. Despite the loss, i enjoyed it, it was as even as it got, even to the final minutes of the game on Sunday as you said.

I gotta applaud you on great strategy of playing Rinne as a one goalie monster. Very risky but risky pays off. That was a genius move by you.

And thanks for the kind words!

I gotta applaud you on great strategy of playing Rinne as a one goalie monster. Very risky but risky pays off. That was a genius move by you.

Genius? Great? My other goalie was Carey Price. Would you have played him? Would anyone? I tried it. It didn't take any mental firepower to give up on it. (Want to guess what "genius" drafted Price?) I could have picked up maybe Nittimaki. Would that have worked any better?

And where did your faceoffs come from? I won that category handily all but one week all season. Losing that had me nervous!

Archived