Sabres.com relaunched

Two or less

They have a link to this site, which is nice (was it always there?). It's under "news," and then "The Sabres Report." Which means SDS has to keep that domain name for a little while longer.

I'll never get rid of it.... :thumbsup:

They have a link to this site, which is nice (was it always there?). It's under "news," and then "The Sabres Report." Which means SDS has to keep that domain name for a little while longer.

The thought of people from that site finding their way over here terrifies me. In advance, I'd just like to say good luck to the mods.

We're still in for at least another full year of the slugs from what LQ said last year. We could only ditch it next year if they put in the request this year or some such. But the slug is front and center if you just go to: sabres.nhl.com.

The thought of people from that site finding their way over here terrifies me. In advance, I'd just like to say good luck to the mods.

"People from that site"? You mean visitors to sabres.com? Why wouldn't this board welcome them?

The link has been there for a long time, by the way.

"People from that site"? You mean visitors to sabres.com? Why wouldn't this board welcome them?

The link has been there for a long time, by the way.

I always hear the horror stories about the messageboard over there, or any other board on a team's official site.

Also noticed that there are issues with different resolutions. Of course, it's a new site so I'm not gonna get up its @$$ about that but as a web designer, you kinda have to make that a priority. Still think it looks nice.

It looks like a standard 1000 pixels wide design with horrible margin graphics. Those swords look awful.

These sites are templates provided by the NHL. All the teams sites have the same layout, except some center them and others left justify. This must be the new template.

Every forum has it's fair share of idiots. Sabres.com forum has a bit more, but then of course, it has almost 12000 users.... while we have 1400.

It looks like a standard 1000 pixels wide design with horrible margin graphics. Those swords look awful.

These sites are templates provided by the NHL. All the teams sites have the same layout, except some center them and others left justify. This must be the new template.

I like the swords. Are they photos of the sabres that the team gives to distinguished retired Sabres?

We're still in for at least another full year of the slugs from what LQ said last year. We could only ditch it next year if they put in the request this year or some such. But the slug is front and center if you just go to: sabres.nhl.com.

I believe I read somewhere prior to the switch back to the blue and gold (and the "slug" logo) that the league needed 18 months lead time in order for a team to change logos (to allow advertising, publications, promotions, etc. enough time to update everything). After the amount of heat the team (read LQ) took when the Golden Sluggalo appeared, I would not doubt that soon after they notified the league that they would be switching back to the old logo as soon as it was possible to do so. They obviously used the original logo for the third jersey (and in fact the team may have played better when they did wear them). I would not be at all surprised that this season, the updated original logo is used as the primary and the Sluggalo (in some form) goes to the third jersey before winking out of existence eventually. :worthy:

I believe I read somewhere prior to the switch back to the blue and gold (and the "slug" logo) that the league needed 18 months lead time in order for a team to change logos (to allow advertising, publications, promotions, etc. enough time to update everything). After the amount of heat the team (read LQ) took when the Golden Sluggalo appeared, I would not doubt that soon after they notified the league that they would be switching back to the old logo as soon as it was possible to do so. They obviously used the original logo for the third jersey (and in fact the team may have played better when they did wear them). I would not be at all surprised that this season, the updated original logo is used as the primary and the Sluggalo (in some form) goes to the third jersey before winking out of existence eventually. :worthy:

I believe it makes more sense to save the switch back for next season, which would be the 40th anniversary. We discussed the hell out of this a while back and I think it's a suitable conclusion. They're just going to string us along with the slug for one more season before putting in 6 feet under, and until I see definitive proof otherwise, I will stand by this notion, waiting for the front office to prove me wrong.

I believe it makes more sense to save the switch back for next season, which would be the 40th anniversary. We discussed the hell out of this a while back and I think it's a suitable conclusion. They're just going to string us along with the slug for one more season before putting in 6 feet under, and until I see definitive proof otherwise, I will stand by this notion, waiting for the front office to prove me wrong.

but clearly they are phasing it out....

Archived