Phil Kessel anyone?

deluca67

His shoulder surgery might cause him to miss the beginning of the season. I'm not sure I'd give up a ton for him, but for the right deal, sure. He's performed well in the playoffs two years in a row, which is something we could use.

I am increasingly agitated by the thought of Darcy not making any moves with the current roster.

The lineup is so ripe for a shake-up it is not even funny.

New blood is needed.

At the least, the young talent (Kennedy, Gerbe, Mancari, Weber, Butler, etc...) will be given increased roles as significant players over the aged/ worn-out-welcomed/ exiting??? veterans (Hecht, Tallinder, etc...)

Darcy should move a decent player like Roy for some feash faces to reinvigorate this line-up.

Aside from Vanek and Miller - no one is untouchable.

It is either trades or the team has to pony up for an FA.

Saku Koivu anybody?

A little old but a Sabre killer - an instant plus in my book.

You take your top competition and you don't make an enemy out of them - you make them an ally.

He can't be that pricey. Can he???

Others? Ohlund, Komisarek, Oduya, Gionta, Havlat, Erik Cole??? (western/ upstate NYers)

No significant moves at this draft so far (not counting the ridiculous Pronger/ Philly trade - how can they do it???) - not even from loud-mouth Burke up north.

I'm a little suprised.

If the rumors are true and Boston is looking to move Kessel would anyone like to see the Sabres make a play for him? Connolly, Sekera and a couple of #1's? The Sabres don't have a Kaberle. They should be able to come up with something.

With an offer like that, I can name 30 GM's that would love to have you in the NHL. I won't bother to throw out specific offers, but with what you listed, Sekera and a 1st would be more than enough. The Kaberle rumor floating around today was absolutely absurd. Burke would never have seriously considered that offer for even a second.

With an offer like that, I can name 30 GM's that would love to have you in the NHL. I won't bother to throw out specific offers, but with what you listed, Sekera and a 1st would be more than enough. The Kaberle rumor floating around today was absolutely absurd. Burke would never have seriously considered that offer for even a second.

Dumping Connolly's contact alone makes the deal a win for the Sabres, it also gives the Bruins a short term solution at center. Sekera and a couple of picks for a 21 year old 30+ goal scorer who players with heart? My offer is on the low side. Kessel and Vanek on the same line for the next 5-6 years?

If the rumors are true and Boston is looking to move Kessel would anyone like to see the Sabres make a play for him? Connolly, Sekera and a couple of #1's? The Sabres don't have a Kaberle. They should be able to come up with something.

I'd be quite happy to pick up Kessel. However, as you know, the Sabres aren't going to trade Connolly for a winger or anything else unless a #1 center is coming back in the deal. You can keep railing about Connolly and his extension all you like, but the fact remains that the guys you have praised extensively on this board -- Roy and Pommer -- had much worse years last year than Connolly did.

Why on Earth would you want Kessel at that price?

A) He's the type of player you always complain about

B) He has one year left before we are talking 5x5

Besides, even a much smaller Gionta is a much more complete player.

OMG! We are not trading Sekera. A young defenseman with great wheels and a whole lot of potential, no f'n way. He's our property and will be a really good player for years. Good defensemen don't grow on trees.

OMG! We are not trading Sekera. A young defenseman with great wheels and a whole lot of potential, no f'n way. He's our property and will be a really good player for years. Good defensemen don't grow on trees.

Sekera :thumbdown: I was not impressed with his first full season myself. Needs to add some weight; should the Sabres ever get into the playoffs he'll get crushed.

I am increasingly agitated by the thought of Darcy not making any moves with the current roster.

Before you blame Darcy, just rememebr who the puppetmaster of this team is. He was on WGR telling everyone not to expect any big deals. You have one guess and his initials are L.Q.

PTR

Sekera :thumbdown: I was not impressed with his first full season myself. Needs to add some weight; should the Sabres ever get into the playoffs he'll get crushed.

He's weighs more than Nic Lindstrom and several other defenseman on the Red Wings. You need smaller, faster and quicker defenseman just as much as you need bigger ones, imo

He's weighs more than Nic Lindstrom and several other defenseman on the Red Wings. You need smaller, faster and quicker defenseman just as much as you need bigger ones, imo

Perhaps it the way Andrej has used his weight; seemed like everytime along the boards or in the corners he would get pushed off the puck like a pesky fly or crunched.

Why on Earth would you want Kessel at that price?

A) He's the type of player you always complain about

B) He has one year left before we are talking 5x5

Besides, even a much smaller Gionta is a much more complete player.

What the hell are you talking about? He is 21? He plays tough? He would be the #1 center the Sabres desperately need.

It's not hard to get the Sabres into a solid playoff spot.

1)Trade for Kessel.

2) Sign Chris Neil.

3) Sign another tough vet like Ian Laperriere

3) re-sign Spacek.

Give away :

Tallinder

Lydman

Hecht

Shoot :

Peters

MacArthur

Paille if he looks as he did last season.

It's not that hard.

Give away :

Tallinder

Lydman

Hecht

It's not that hard.

I am definitely not convinced that is true. Sure, worse players have been taken by other teams or signed to less attractive contracts, so Darcy should try his hardest to find a taker, but saying "it's not that hard" is unrealistic.

What the hell are you talking about? He is 21? He plays tough? He would be the #1 center the Sabres desperately need.

First, Kessel is a winger, not a center. Second, and more importantly, he's a good player, but he's also had some issues -- they healthy-scratched him in the playoffs 2 years ago. He's not a blood-and-guts leader. He's a good scoring winger on a deep offensive team (like Pommer is supposed to be). You are way overrating him. I'd much rather have Lucic.

First, Kessel is a winger, not a center. Second, and more importantly, he's a good player, but he's also had some issues -- they healthy-scratched him in the playoffs 2 years ago. He's not a blood-and-guts leader. He's a good scoring winger on a deep offensive team (like Pommer is supposed to be). You are way overrating him. I'd much rather have Lucic.

He's played both RW and Center, but initially he was groomed as a center. The kid is young, fast and great with the puck and I'm with Deluca he would be the #1 center on the Sabres. Wasn't Vanek healthy scratched during the playoffs in 05-06?

I am definitely not convinced that is true. Sure, worse players have been taken by other teams or signed to less attractive contracts, so Darcy should try his hardest to find a taker, but saying "it's not that hard" is unrealistic.

It's especially unrealistic when the plan involves killing three players.

How do you overrate a 21 year old 30+ goal scorer? Tim Connolly's career high is 18 and posters here are preparing his Hall of Fame acceptance speech. As was pointed out Kessel players center and wing. Isn't that the type of versatility this team Loves?

Who doesn't want Lucic? That's why the Sabres drafted Kassian. There isn't anything from this roster I wouldn't give up for him.

I would just suspect that you would hate him as a Sabre

These things are subjective, but I totally disagree on the assessment

Kessel is not overly strong on the puck, but he has blazing speed....he has probably an undeserved reputation for being soft, but still has a very annoying habit of trying to split defenders by himself and loosing control. I would NEVER line him up at center unless it was an emergency. I think the Bruins are being very shrewd trying to move him now while he has great number. They made the right move going with Kreiji. Of course Kessel is a much better finisher than Max with a great shot, but he makes Max look like a guy who loves physical contact.

Just my opinion.

Edit:

Are you mixing him up with Kreiji...I think you may be?

Archived