Phil Kessel anyone?

deluca67

I would just suspect that you would hate him as a Sabre

These things are subjective, but I totally disagree on the assessment

Kessel is not overly strong on the puck, but he has blazing speed....he has probably an undeserved reputation for being soft, but still has a very annoying habit of trying to split defenders by himself and loosing control. I would NEVER line him up at center unless it was an emergency. I think the Bruins are being very shrewd trying to move him now while he has great number. They made the right move going with Kreiji. Of course Kessel is a much better finisher than Max with a great shot, but he makes Max look like a guy who loves physical contact.

Just my opinion.

Edit:

Are you mixing him up with Kreiji...I think you may be?

I like Kessel's game. As a habit I try to watch as many Adam's Division games as I can during the year and I have always been impressed with Kessel.

For the record, I don't hate all the Sabres "skilled" players. I think Vanek will be a true star. I think Roy is a very good #2 center, I hate when he flops, otherwise I like his game. I don't consider myself a Pominville hater. I thought going into the season he should have been given the 'C', I think he would have had a completely different season. What I do hate about the roster is the lack of depth at forward and the overall lack of toughness. That's why my initial plan included a purging of the roster and the addition of real toughness. Balance is the key. Right now the Sabres are severely slanted towards the softer side.

I like Kessel's game. As a habit I try to watch as many Adam's Division games as I can during the year and I have always been impressed with Kessel.

For the record, I don't hate all the Sabres "skilled" players. I think Vanek will be a true star. I think Roy is a very good #2 center, I hate when he flops, otherwise I like his game. I don't consider myself a Pominville hater. I thought going into the season he should have been given the 'C', I think he would have had a completely different season. What I do hate about the roster is the lack of depth at forward and the overall lack of toughness. That's why my initial plan included a purging of the roster and the addition of real toughness. Balance is the key. Right now the Sabres are severely slanted towards the softer side.

Fair enough.

Archived